Sean Clare

He’s was instrumental in the 90 seconds he was on the pitch...we couldn’t have done it without him.

In all seriousness though, it will be good to see some of the younger lads given a chance when the time is right. Lots of the younger mob seem to have done extremely well over the last 18months

I can't explain why but I've got a good feeling about Sean Clare. I think he'll be a good player for us in a couple of years. 

Like you say though, it's really good to see and there are a few players in our youth teams who keep developing as they are and they can be involved, definitely..

Guest wilyfox

Not much of a debut for the lad. Always feel sad when they introduce a player in added time. What's his memory gonna be? ..great atmosphere, I came on, didn't get a kick, whistle blew for full-time and we drew 0-0. 

Should definitely have a part to play for the remainder of the season, he's fast, tall, energetic and offers something else in midfield, would rather see Clare in there alongside one of Jones/Butterfield than have them both together again. He can also play wing back which he's done well at Gillingham, so if we stick with the 5-3-2 he could do that job. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Not much of a debut for the lad. Always feel sad when they introduce a player in added time. What's his memory gonna be? ..great atmosphere, I came on, didn't get a kick, whistle blew for full-time and we drew 0-0. 

Wish I could say I played for the Owls at the Lane - and I suspect that goes for 25000 others. It's a boost for the lad. It shows confidence in him. Trusted him not to freeze and drop a clanger. I bet he's got it saved on his phone.

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wont be arsed, he'll be getting 20k a week in the summer playing for some premier league development team. 

Imagine he will be, but one of the rumours was that this all started because he was never going to get first team game time....

Everyone's been crying out for a beast in midfield, he just might be the one to fill that role. I know it's only early days but I hope he gets a chance to prove himself before we go looking elsewhere. What's his contract situation like?

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Looking at his Twitter he seems delighted by it 

It’ll do him good to get some first team minutes, and what better team to debut against than them scummers. 

I’m sure over time he’ll forget that he was only on briefly & focus on the fact he’s stepped up to play with the big boys 

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Everyone's been crying out for a beast in midfield, he just might be the one to fill that role. I know it's only early days but I hope he gets a chance to prove himself before we go looking elsewhere. What's his contract situation like?

His contract was till the end of the season. Can't remember reading anything about him signing extension.

I'm sure that we will do all we can to keep him at S6

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

is he that type of player?....I've only seen him the once and he looked more of elegant pass it type than a get stuck in and win the ball 

Just now, torryowl said:

is he that type of player?....I've only seen him the once and he looked more of elegant pass it type than a get stuck in and win the ball 

I think you are wuite right about it. But he does seem more energetic then likes of Jones and Butterfield.