Transfers

We are approaching the halfway point of the window and we haven’t been seriously linked with any signings. During Jos’s initial press conference the question of new signings was raised and it immediately brought a smile to DC’s face. I at the time assumed that meant money would be available. Now I’m not so sure. 

What do you think is the best scenario let Jos work with the current squad and assess what he needs in the summer or integrate new players now and build immediately.

I think it might be a case of the club did have targets identified but Jos has potentially taken a firmer grip of transfers than Carlos did, perhaps he’s asked to assess the squad then can advise Chansiri of his preferences 

Personally I can't see us make full transfers this window.

What I'm expecting is a couple of loan signings, possibly from Germany.  Loans with a view to permanent deals in the summer.  

Then in the meantime, we can re integrate the players who have been out injured, back into the side along with a few prospects from the u23s.

The major ins and outs will happen in the summer transfer window. 

I think.  :laugh:

We've got to learn from our errors in recruitment over the last couple of seasons, it's got to be left entirely to Jos, if he knows of players who he's worked with before and are available, I'm sure DC will back him, but we don't need to do anything in haste. 

Who's that German player that gives loads of penalties away ?????

Ahh I remember It's HANS UP , WE DON'T WANT HIM lol  ERRR I'L GET ME COIT lol

12 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

We are approaching the halfway point of the window and we haven’t been seriously linked with any signings. During Jos’s initial press conference the question of new signings was raised and it immediately brought a smile to DC’s face. I at the time assumed that meant money would be available. Now I’m not so sure. 

What do you think is the best scenario let Jos work with the current squad and assess what he needs in the summer or integrate new players now and build immediately.

Maybe waiting until Jos decides what he needs to bring in. I think with the overall size of our squad at the moment being too large we'll see a couple of loans in to add pace or physicality and try and ship some in and out during the summer when he knows who he does and dosent think is up to the task and his tactics. 

Don't really think we need to waste any money this window, if anything try and move a few out which granted may be hard with the current injury crisis. Bring in a few loanees to see us through to the end of the season, and come the summer we have a little bit more free reign on spending money as FFP is judged over 3 seasons. 

It's such a strange appointment and DC never talks about contract duration it makes me wonder if Jos has just been brought in to keep us up. Either way I can't see us making any permanent deals, I personally think his remit is to bring through some of the u 23s while waiting for the injured to return 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Not to be linked with Lescott.WTF:

Nowt wrong with a 35yr old has-been whose hardly played for 2 years. Get him in, I say. DC loves to pay fortunes for no return - just ask Urby. 

Even if we use the rest of this season assess the current players, to assess them properly, we have to make sure the side is balanced 

In my opinion, most of the players we have, simply aren't good enough

However, if we can add some pace and energy (loans) to the group, we might see one or two come to the fore

Edited by gurujuan

6 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Don't really think we need to waste any money this window, if anything try and move a few out which granted may be hard with the current injury crisis. Bring in a few loanees to see us through to the end of the season, and come the summer we have a little bit more free reign on spending money as FFP is judged over 3 seasons. 

Yeah it is judged over 3 and next season is Chansiri's 4th full season so starts all over again:carlos:

29 minutes ago, Hirstyslegend said:

Yeah it is judged over 3 and next season is Chansiri's 4th full season so starts all over again:carlos:

It's judged on a rolling three years basis, so it only 'starts all over again' in so far as Chansiri's first season will no longer be factored in, but the two most recent ones will.