Gary Madine : Cash Machine

16 hours ago, bradowl said:

I can't recall anyone complaining when we signed Fletcher, proven premier league striker most of us thought. 

If it weren't for his knee injury and played as many games as Madine I'm sure Fletcher would have scored far more goals this season.

We didn't complain about signing him, we did however question the length of his contract.

On 14/01/2018 at 15:39, 1963owl said:

you cant slag him or being injured or for what hes being paid. Madines not in his league

yes its very frustrating, we cant fault the player on wages etc, its how they are managed that spoils them

On 14/01/2018 at 10:51, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.49.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 10.52.29.jpg

£6 Million for Madine with those stats.... so how much is Hooper worth?

With how much players at this level cost these days I really think that the league need to consider FFP and increase the amount clubs can lose as the price of players are rising dramatically at the moment due to the larger clubs paying 200mil for some players. Otherwise all FFP will do is make the already near impossible jump from the championship to the prem  even  more difficult. 

36 minutes ago, Bobster01 said:

With how much players at this level cost these days I really think that the league need to consider FFP and increase the amount clubs can lose as the price of players are rising dramatically at the moment due to the larger clubs paying 200mil for some players. Otherwise all FFP will do is make the already near impossible jump from the championship to the prem  even  more difficult. 

I asked Chansiri this at the Q&A which I thought was a fairly reasonable question.....the answer was a rant about how it shouldn't be about him putting more money in and it's the fans that should....the new CEO was nodding as though she had something sensible to say but unfortunately couldn't get a word in edgeways!

Edited by Ian

38 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Madine is a very good striker. Would have scored both headers our current strikers missed.

Have you any proof of that or is it just silly conjecture.

Whether he is a good striker or not is irrelevant for me as he is a complete tw8t .

FFS.

38 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Madine is a very good striker. Would have scored both headers our current strikers missed.

Leon Clarke is currently the top scorer in the division (I think) but he missed a header against us the other week that was every bit as bad as Rhodes' and Joao's misses. How can you make that assertion?

On 1/15/2018 at 01:13, ReginaldD said:

I'd agree with that to an extent but the problem with a salary cap would be that for example the FA say no player in England can earn more than 150,000 per week and under 23 players 50 the likes of Hazard, Sanchez, DeBruyne, Salah etc would be in La Liga or the Bundesliga.

Whereas the NFL can do it as if a player wants more it's a bit tough as there ain't another major American football league to compete with NFL. 

You say that like its a bad thing? The irony being that it would create a much more level playing field where crowd size, youth policy and being a well run club would make more of a difference than being on the sky gravy train at the right time or being owned by a billionaire pre FFP.  

Oh and anotherr interesting side effect of this would be a far stronger national team...

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Hawkowl said:

Whether he is a good striker or not is irrelevant for me as he is a complete tw8t .

FFS.

I'd rather a complete tool playing for us upfront who scored goals then nice guys. 

Maybe if our fans had sown Madine as much support as Rhodes we would now have had this new and improved Madine. 

As things stand Gary Madine is still a more successful striker and achieved more in blue and white then any of our current strikers.

Guest RocketOwl

Has anyone actually seen Madine play this season? He's been fantastic this season for Bolton. His hold up play is top notch, he brings the wide players into play quickly and he puts himself about.

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I'd rather a complete tool playing for us upfront who scored goals then nice guys. 

Maybe if our fans had sown Madine as much support as Rhodes we would now have had this new and improved Madine. 

As things stand Gary Madine is still a more successful striker and achieved more in blue and white then any of our current strikers.

I guess we all have different morals when it comes to who should play in blue and white.

You clearly don't give a damn as long as they score goals.

Are you suggesting it's the fans fault what happened to Madina and not the fact he's and pissed up bully.

Or are you saying it's the fans fault he behaved like he did.

Which one.?

FFS. 

2 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

FFS.

Indeed.

3 separate convictions for actual & grevious bodily harm on his cv.

Don't need or want his sort on a free, let alone £6m.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Has anyone actually seen Madine play this season? He's been fantastic this season for Bolton. His hold up play is top notch, he brings the wide players into play quickly and he puts himself about.

I’ve been macron a few times and yes he’s played well.. if you’re looking for a player to hold up play and win headers he’s been fantastic. Ameobi has been great too... fast and direct from the wing... something we are missing