Gary Madine : Cash Machine

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Which one has played all season , scored goals and benefitted their team .

which one has hobbled around , scored next to know goals and earns a massive wage .

fletcher sums up the poor way the club has been run . I’m hoping signing this kind of dross is at an end now 

I can't recall anyone complaining when we signed Fletcher, proven premier league striker most of us thought. 

If it weren't for his knee injury and played as many games as Madine I'm sure Fletcher would have scored far more goals this season.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Which one has played all season , scored goals and benefitted their team .

which one has hobbled around , scored next to know goals and earns a massive wage .

fletcher sums up the poor way the club has been run . I’m hoping signing this kind of dross is at an end now 

you cant slag him or being injured or for what hes being paid. Madines not in his league

Pity he moved at the end of his contract. It would have been nice to have had a hefty sell on clause so we could have made some money out of him.  Apart from that one season he seemed a waste of money (and oxygen).

That £200m Neymar transfer has sent football doolally. Fees were bad enough before but now there's madness like £145m for Coutinho, £75m for Van Dijk and Gary Madine being valued at £6m after one half decent season.

It's only 2 years since for the price of one Gary Madine we got Forestieri and Hooper lol

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That £200m Neymar transfer has sent football doolally. Fees were bad enough before but now there's madness like £145m for Coutinho, £75m for Van Dijk and Gary Madine being valued at £6m after one half decent season.

It's only 2 years since for the price of one Gary Madine we got Forestieri and Hooper lol

Frightening. 

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

If Madine is worth 6 million, fletcher is still worth two bob and a twix . Makes 

madine look like Kane 

fletcher aint time to play football he too busy counting the 40k a week he steals off us every week. think he is only player we have signed in last few years who signed a contract in may for officially signing 1st july the terms were that good .

I'd agree with that to an extent but the problem with a salary cap would be that for example the FA say no player in England can earn more than 150,000 per week and under 23 players 50 the likes of Hazard, Sanchez, DeBruyne, Salah etc would be in La Liga or the Bundesliga.

Whereas the NFL can do it as if a player wants more it's a bit tough as there ain't another major American football league to compete with NFL.