Wednesday chants through the years

He's only a poor little cockney, his face is all tattered & torn

He made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick, and now he don't sing anymore.

Wembley replay 1993 - Stevie Morrow went to town riding on a donkey (Tony Adams) he fell off and broke his arm and now it's all gone wonkey.

Fight, fight wherever you may be, we f@@ked a crew called the BBC & the ICF & Chelsea cos we are the famous Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest Jack the Hat
43 minutes ago, sparkowl said:

It was short Jack but there was a second verse, Sheff United, bo££ocks to yer, bo££0cks to yer.

I never knew that!

Guest Jack the Hat

Can anyone remember a song which started.... I know a girl who wore blue suspenders.......and finished ........ she wore them for the Wednesday who are gonna win the league.

its been doing my nut in for a while this one!

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Can anyone remember a song which started.... I know a girl who wore blue suspenders.......and finished ........ she wore them for the Wednesday who are gonna win the league.

its been doing my nut in for a while this one!

Is it that one where she gets murdered by the Yorkshire Ripper?  Very ghoulish to say the least but it was quite popular for a while, the words escape me tho. 

Guest Jack the Hat
13 minutes ago, Watson said:

Is it that one where she gets murdered by the Yorkshire Ripper?  Very ghoulish to say the least but it was quite popular for a while, the words escape me tho. 

No it's not . This guy always used to sing it pi55ed up in the stocks in Ecco but I can't remember ever hearing it at the match. Wasn't ghoulish at all though.

Just now, swal-owl-s26 said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellow

Yeeeeeellow

Yellow

Yellow

Yellow

In 80s and every time since we've had a yellow away kit.

Remember going to Chesterfield the season we went up with JC, singing that more or less all the second half interspersed with the odd other chants.  Even I could remember the words.  

When we went to the Lane after United had just sold Tony Agana...

'Where's Agana gone, where's Agana gone' to Chirpy-chirpy-cheep-cheep

'You only sing when you're fishin' away at Grimsby

'He's like a brick xxxxhouse is Emerson Thom, Emerson Thom' to Little Drummer Boy

Oooooooooooooooh Eeefan Okykoku Eeefan Okykoku  (Oky cokey)

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

No it's not . This guy always used to sing it pi55ed up in the stocks in Ecco but I can't remember ever hearing it at the match. Wasn't ghoulish at all though.

To the tune of she wore a yellow ribbon for the 7th cavalry ...

Think it was just the chorus 

Will wrestle with the little grey cells for an hour and get back to you...

Ohhhh she wore, she wore, she wore her blue suspenders

She wore them for the Wednesday who are going to win the league.

She wore! She wore! She wore her blue suspendersy! She wore her blue suspenders in the merry month of May, And when! I asked! Oh why she wore her blue suspenders! She said its for the Wednesday  and we're going to win the league. Win the league! Win the league! We're the famous Sheffield Wednesday and we're going to Win the League.

Edited by Freshfish