Reality Check

So we drew 0-0 in the derby v a newly promoted side who has burst their bubble.

I am looking for us to stop up at best and I hope the new manager sees the mediocre players we have and moves them  on .

We lack quality in most areas and are craving 2-3 young quality players .It's great the u23 players invoved which is a first for a long time but need to spend 10m + on up and and coming players no has beens as cc bought

I dont think anyone is getting carried away with last nights result. Its more a relief we finally saw wednesday go out and battle and every player give 100% for the cause , and a manager who knew what he was doing. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

I am looking for us to stop up at best and I hope the new manager sees the mediocre players we have and moves them  on .

We lack quality in most areas and are craving 2-3 young quality players .It's great the u23 players invoved which is a first for a long time but need to spend 10m + on up and and coming players no has beens as cc bought

I agree but mate save the realism for monday let us  relax in relief for 24 hrs more 

21 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

All this has been gone over in multiple other threads... what do you mean?

That we're getting carried away?

FFS.

For 24 hours the OT mob has come together, through a battling resourceful performance and the introduction of a new manager.  Also, some good vibes coming from DC's meeting on Thursday night. So let's continue looking for the positives instead of focusing on the negatives as too often has the been the case this season.  Onwards and upwards.

Considering the team, considering we have been on an awful run, considering we failed to beat lowly Carlisle, considering players are not fully fit, considering the derby result at Hillsborough, considering we had 10 men for a portion of the game.... I would say we did bloody well... we build from here 

37 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

There’s a lot of work to be done. But this is negativity beyond belief.

At work Friday there was a sweepstake at work and there was pig fans upset that they only pulled a 1-0/2-0 win to United because they were expecting United to give us a pasting,and I suspect that was happening to a lot of  Wednesday fans last week,that's why a battling 0-0 was a good result would've been a  great result  if Reach had've scored.

That's why my friend Friday was a turning point result not a great one but a turning point one.

Feck me if the pigs turned up at hillsborough with 10 first team players missing and went down to 10 men with 25 minutes to go against our best 11 and didn't lose you wouldn't hear the last 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I dont think anyone is getting carried away with last nights result. Its more a relief we finally saw wednesday go out and battle and every player give 100% for the cause , and a manager who knew what he was doing. 

And that is what they call. HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD..!! Bang on pal.

Guest RocketOwl
50 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

Woah be careful mate owlstalk does not like reality checks.

I agree with you. The main thing now is how this team play agaisnt Cardiff if they can replicate the effort then we may have turned the corner! 

52 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

What doe's thar Jud think, tho.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

Look when it joined, look at it's rating, look how many times it's posted.

Yet another sad, obessed pig who spends all his time on here. Yet another profile the mods should delete.

I’m proud of the players and relieved that we didn’t get hammered. Considering the circumstances they will probably not get another opportunity like that to avenge Boxing Day..... and in usual piggy fashion they messed up again 

They got lucky though. I truly believe that the Loovens sending off came at the perfect time for them. We’d soaked up all that they had and they ran out of ideas. We were growing in confidence and were on the front foot.

Had Loovens stayed on we would have won that 

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Woah be careful mate owlstalk does not like reality checks.

I agree with you. The main thing now is how this team play agaisnt Cardiff if they can replicate the effort then we may have turned the corner! 

If we won that you'd want another corner to be turned :luhukay: