Rate the overall performance and result

Score the performance/result (10 being best)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Score the performance/result (10 being best)

7 Overall, the tempo, effort and commitment was miles better from a team devoid of many of its better players. Unfortunately there was not much guile, creativity and quality on show.

Maybe that was to be expected in last nights derby. Only praise for the lads who certainly battled very hard and they can take credit from that and hopefully it will be a confidence booster.

UTO

8 from me. Given the players available,limited time to adjust to latest tactics, lack of physical size in midfield and lack of creative players, we deserved the point because of the way we applied ourselves, got stuck in fighting for 50/50 balls and put in the effort. We showed commitment to the cause. A good reaction to the new manager and his techniques.

A good start to the new era.

Very happy with what was achieved in a short time.

Two main things I noticed that seem fundamental to me and very refreshing to see.

- When defending, the ball was put into touch if there was any pressure from the opposition instead of trying to play out of trouble

- Players ran for an out of control ball from the opposition instead of hanging back to stay goal side which allows them to regain possession

Performance of the season.

Better than Leeds.

We were a team lacking in confidence, unfit, confused all season tactically, and we stepped up in a hostile and pressured atmosphere.

Unlucky not to sneak a win.

The trick now is not to do a Carlos, and fall over tamely in the next game.

A solid 8/10 

Thought Wednesday acquitted themselves really well. Well organised, hustled and chased United all game, Wildsmith had a great game he looked assured throughout. Watched it with a couple of neighbours who are neutrals ( Spurs fans) they felt Wednesday were more likely to pinch it at the end and we nearly did with Reach, only a brilliant save from their keeper kept it out.

We did lack some creativity but no Bannan, Lee, Hooper or ForestierI etc. so that will come when they are back and used effectively by the new manager. It was a good result for Wednesday, early days for Lukukay but he easily passes the first test in my opinion, i.e. Not losing the derby and keeing a clean sheet at the Lane was a big bonus. The Carlisle game will give him more time to assess  our squad and improve oerformances.

Only down side was Loovens, not just the sending off, he has been a great captain and a good player for us with lots of class but he seems to be losing his ability to keep up with the pacey forwards and that is what cost him the second yellow. Still I am sure others will step up. Must admit watching derbies on television is purgatory if  I'm at the game or not, just hate it when United get the ball and attack. Anyway a moral victory for Wednesday last night,  must admit a couple of weeks ago I thought we might get hammered ! UTO

Edited by Tarringtonowl

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Rate the overall performance and result

How happy  were you overall with the performance and result last night?

over the  moon, if the new manager can create ateam like that in 4 days training what,s he going to do by next season? it,s made my weekend!

Considering the injury crisis, the condition of the players 'fit', the circumstances of the last few weeks, the derby result earlier in the season and then the sending off during the game then I'd rate this as an 8. Especially the work rate and effort of the players.

I wasn't over excited by the appointment of the new manager, and I still see problems at Hillsborough, however that was a good result away from home and everyone involved should have a pat on the back, "well done" all around.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

10/10

From shambolic to organised in less than a week

11 players injured, down to 10 men for the last 25

Definitely 10/10

Definitely 10/10

Tactical master class and the effort levels were second to none. 

We were four to one to win that match and we very nearly did. 

Nice to see some Blunts on here voting 5/10

lol

• Like 1

I gave it a 6/10, as we're talking about the team rather than the gaffer (who gets a 9.5).

I'd like to think that, given more time with Jos, our squad is capable of being far more than solid, organised and resilient. I expect to see us steadily transformed into an implacable machine, forged in the mould of modern German football that owes its success to Jurgen Klinsmann's post EURO 2000 revolution.

It was Klinsmann who insisted that every Bundesliga club needed to invest into youth development, and he persuaded the league officials to stipulate Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 clubs had to invest in their academies or be refused a licence to play in the top-flight.

German (and German-trained) coaches and managers come from a culture of building for the future as well as success in the here and now. Let's hope Jos buys into that culture. Clare's cameo appearance last night suggests he might.