Let’s be honest

36 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Fox stood out for me,all the hate he gets on here,played out of his skin,used the ball well,looked solid in defence,moved into the centre when needed,and played some intelligent foreward balls.

Dunno what everyone else saw reading the tripe on here

All about opinions, so each to there own. I've defended him for a long time but I thought he was the only one who looked panicked and out of his level tonight! Lacked composure.

Each to their own.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Gavrobs1 said:

TBH, I’m pleased with tonight’s performance and result.

Everyone battled,got stuck in and performed to the apparent gameplay.

But....

defensively ,loovens was exposed and it cost him

prudil is no where near good enough, ..... and he ducks!!!!

Fox had a poor game by his standards

palmef tried but he lacks quality and understanding. Needs to be moved on.

Jones showed more pace and   aggression and quality than in any of the games under Carlos.

Walace.....deadwood,offers nothing otber than his own ego.

Reach.... absolute great engine,could not have tried or worked harder. I just think that he is not the dirt of player who will move us forwards. 

Rhides.... worked his arse off for 60 mins, got zero service so should not be judhrd offensively, give him service then judge him.

Joao, UTD were scared stiff of him, they stood off because they knew he could hurt them. Defo give him a runsnc service and let Rhodes have a go off him

not meant to be s negative post. I was pleased with the effort and commitment tonigjt

That has to be the worst analysis of a game I have ever read.

Here is Rockets view. 

Happy with a point. We had more structure and shape. Happy with manager with that. 

Wildsmith - starting to excel. Won us a point with that save.

Palmer - typical of his career at Wednesday. Played well and can't fault his performance but his pass got Loovens sent off and he lost his man at corner - he's not good enough for this level - but big big man points for his overall performance tonight.

Pudil - excellent. 8/10. He could excel at that position left centre back of a three. Well done Daniel.

Loovens - Shouldn't have been sent off but silly to give the ref a decision when already on a yellow. Should lead by experience.

Venaccio - he's not as good as Sasso and Sasso was awful.

Fox - wouldn't get in my Sunday league side. Awful player.

Jones - did ok.

Wallace - best performance for s while.

Reach - not great but his engine is incredible. 

Rhodee - lol. He's pathetic. Why do they play him.

Joao. Well played Lucas.

I thought they all did well other than Rhodes and Fox who are terrible terrible players.

5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Here is Rockets view. 

Happy with a point. We had more structure and shape. Happy with manager with that. 

Palmer - typical of his career at Wednesday. Played well and can't fault his performance but his pass got Loovens sent off and he lost his man at corner - he's not good enough for this level - but big big man points for his overall performance tonight.

Pudil - excellent. 8/10. He could excel at that position left centre back of a three. Well done Daniel.

Loovens - Shouldn't have been sent off but silly to give the ref a decision when already on a yellow. Should lead by experience.

Jones - did ok.

Joao. Well played Lucas.

I thought they all did well other than Rhodes and Fox who are terrible terrible players.

How the hell did you see all that with your head under your security blanket while you were hiding behind the sofa?

• Haha 1

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, sonofbert2 said:

How the hell did you see all that with your head under your security blanket while you were hiding behind the sofa?

Was at game.

Fair play Jos - improvements were seen.

Rhodes - pathetic.

Joao - excellent. 

14 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Here is Rockets view. 

Jones - did ok.

Joao. Well played Lucas.

Your left back fancy signing then, You play for a great Sunday team.

1 hour ago, Bagarri said:

All about opinions, so each to there own. I've defended him for a long time but I thought he was the only one who looked panicked and out of his level tonight! Lacked composure.

Each to their own.

For me at times,hes like hes blind inside,outside hes good,he snuffs it,and tundles back,but outside hes uncertain,zonal marking?

Is he unsure where he loses responsiblity?

I thought he did a great job tonight,worked very hard and got up n down,made himself an outlet,crosses better then palmer,we just loop crosses,i wanna see some pace on them

2 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Pudils everyones MOM yet he shirked a header that almost cost us,I could hear Loovens ball him on row M.I thought the kid did well,he covered a heck of a lot of ground,at times the balls back to him were when he was under pressure,I was impressed by Fox tonight,won headers and tackles,proper locked down his side of the pitch,but covered the centre as well

My own 'reading' of the situation with Pudil was this.

He thought the ball was going over and out for a goalkick.

I would like to think that Fox will come good. Not quite sure I share your enthusiasm for his performance tonight but hey ho.

Minor I know but - I think you will agree that Fox letting the ball run out of play in the first half deserved a thick ear. So frustrating.

3 hours ago, Gavrobs1 said:

But....

Jones showed more pace and   aggression and quality than in any of the games under Carlos.

Reach.... absolute great engine,could not have tried or worked harder. I just think that he is not the dirt of player who will move us forwards. 

Rhides.... worked his arse off for 60 mins, got zero service so should not be judhrd offensively, give him service then judge him.

Joao, UTD were scared stiff of him, they stood off because they knew he could hurt them. Defo give him a runsnc service and let Rhodes have a go off him

not meant to be s negative post. I was pleased with the effort and commitment tonigjt

fair do's :)

dont agree about Ross Wallace though...sometimes you need a little terrier with attitude/(ego). We need him.

Adam Reach improves with every game in a Wednesday shirt. The last player to do that, in my opinion was/is Kieran Lee. Lee went from wtf fringe player to our most important player. reach can potentially go further. i think :) 

WAWAW

12 hours ago, Gavrobs1 said:

But....

To be honest , i couldnt  criticise any of them last night. Every one of them put in a shift and worked their socks off .  

Jesus.....most were papping themselves when we knew the injury list. Yes certain individuals made mistakes we know who they are, BUT in the grand scheme of things, kept the home crowd quiet, created chances ourselves (12 I think) more than other recent games with better players in the team.

That was a great 0-0 under the circumstances. 

Onwards to better times.

12 hours ago, Gavrobs1 said:

But....

Prat

Just returned from my Butcher - a Man Utd spectator often- and was greeted by :-

"Did you see game last night? Didn't Wednesday play well? You've got a good side there.' 

there then followed our usual conversation but  effectively he said   he liked especially -'That big coloured lad in centre (Joao), Wallace (for his effort) and especially 'That big lad in't centre that came on. he's a handful (Atdhe). And you've got a superb young Keeper, (Wildsmith)

This was a totally unasked for, unbiased opinion from a football fan with no team allegiances .

11 hours ago, Twaddle said:

My own 'reading' of the situation with Pudil was this.

He thought the ball was going over and out for a goalkick.

I would like to think that Fox will come good. Not quite sure I share your enthusiasm for his performance tonight but hey ho.

Minor I know but - I think you will agree that Fox letting the ball run out of play in the first half deserved a thick ear. So frustrating.

LB is an area we need to look at when funds are available again,Fox is inconsistent,Pudils not been the same since that big german roasted him in the latter stages of the play off semi,hes no CB either,but hes ok in a 3,hes awfull in the air,watch the burton away game back,he lost or left numerous ariel balls.

Guest wilyfox

It was a dogged and workmanlike performance. The guys put a shift in to ensure they didn't get beat, but in truth there wasn't much quality on show.

The midfield wasn't right, and that leaves Rhodes feeding off scraps and Joao trying to make something happen for himself.

Can see 3-5-2 working for us, but Reach and Hunt as wing backs, and some tinkering required in the middle with Lee, Bannan, and Hutch all out.

6 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Just returned from my Butcher - a Man Utd spectator often- and was greeted by :-

"Did you see game last night? Didn't Wednesday play well? You've got a good side there.' 

there then followed our usual conversation but  effectively he said   he liked especially -'That big coloured lad in centre (Joao), Wallace (for his effort) and especially 'That big lad in't centre that came on. he's a handful (Atdhe). And you've got a superb young Keeper, (Wildsmith)

This was a totally unasked for, unbiased opinion from a football fan with no team allegiances .

I thought CC had gone to Swansea, not opened a butchers.