JOS 10/10

6 hours ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Did a good job under the circumstances.

But lets keep calm so did Bullen in his first match.

Away draw with 10 men was achieved with a well organised looking unit.

But we were only playing a poor side who haven't won for ages. I just hope we can continue to stabilise and stop the goals against column growing. 

Then hopefully he can get our strikers to perform and we can get back on track.

If we had had the possession in the opposition half that united had in the first 45 we would be screaming about our strikers not scoring.

Defensively we were amazing even with Fox's mistakes.

It’s a good start, but let’s not get carried away.

As derby games go, he had it easy. A home team on a terrible run and a group of supporters expecting to get hammered.

Sure, he set up a team that got a good point. But I’ll wait for a few more games to take place before joining in the communal tugjob

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s a good start, but let’s not get carried away.

As derby games go, he had it easy. A home team on a terrible run and a group of supporters expecting to get hammered.

Sure, he set up a team that got a good point. But I’ll wait for a few more games to take place before joining in the communal tugjob

Some people are never happy.

The frustration of the last few months has been all about we all know they can do it. It needed a change of leader, jl knows how to get teams promoted, 

I am already looking forward to  the 2018/19 season. 

Edited by Geedee

7 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

Very OTT. it was a poor game with few chances, I wouldn't be getting excited about it. I get you're happy not to lose but not sure about the result of the century thread. 

Missing the point though mate.

Last night we saw previously lazy, ineffective players put a real shift in and really do well under the current injury crisis we have.

If we can portray that when key players return we'll finish the season strongly.

6 minutes ago, GHS said:

Missing the point though mate.

Last night we saw previously lazy, ineffective players put a real shift in and really do well under the current injury crisis we have.

If we can portray that when key players return we'll finish the season strongly.

Fair enough, you know your players better than I do. 

1 hour ago, Bladeor said:

Very OTT. it was a poor game with few chances, I wouldn't be getting excited about it. I get you're happy not to lose but not sure about the result of the century thread. 

If you had 11 first team players injured 

had only won 1 in 10 matches including a 0-3 defeat at home to burton 

Were only 6 points off relegation 

had been well beaten by the same opponents 4-2 at home this season 

were playing against a team pretty much in the playoffs 

had a new manager who has never managed in England before 

were worried about being badly beaten by your neighbours again, live on telly 

you might understand why we are delighted with that performance and result

:luhukay:

it is very early days to call him the new messiah, but it’s an excellent start. We need to follow it up with a win against Carlisle and another improved performance at home to Cardiff, even if we still haven’t got the players back who are good enough to win us the game.