HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME

Guest Bulgaria
13 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I firmly nailed my thoughts to the mast prior to the match.

The level of defeatist cr*p went way beyond 'genuine concern', even "given the circumstances".

You are obviously a better fan than anyone else. May I suggest a round of applause?

Maybe, just maybe and I include myself in this you are just more optimistic that others. It's nowt to do with being a true fan or not. I salute your optimism but wind thee neck in.lol

Edited by Bulgaria

11 hours ago, Wens-Dee said:

Nah, you were certain that was an upvote opportunity!! I’m certain you were certain, and we all know it really 

No offence mate, but you seem a little bit obsessed with "Upvotes".

It was blatantly obvious to me that by saying what I did I was going to get mullered. Having a pop at a large section of the forum is not a recipe for an "Upvote" fest.

I assume you're relatively new to the site so if i can give you a bit of advice. (yeah I know,laughable looking at my outburst last night).   If you have opinions about something and you think it may upset some people but you think it is justified and you believe in it, then say it anyway regardless of the response.  The only thing I would say though, is don't make the mistakes I make and post when the 'blood is up'. 

I still stand by some of the comments I made.  I thought the LEVEL of negativity re our chances prior to last night (even allowing for our poor recent form), was both over the top and bearing in mind it was a Derby (where anything can happen) a bit naive. My big mistake, (which I make quite frequently), is not counting to ten before I post and it becoming an emotional rant. Like I say, I still stand by some of what I said, but the delivery, tone & especially the timing was woeful, which only served to weaken my argument & invite ridicule from certain quarters.

I made the same mistake following the play off final at Wembley where I kicked off in the heat of the moment for people leaving early. I felt it was justified at the time but in hindsight it was ridiculous. Again, count to ten and see if it seems a good idea when the emotion has gone out of it.

Like I said, i'm possibly not the greatest one to be dishing out advice, but forget about the 'ups' & 'downs', they will sort themselves out. I find it much more rewarding when one of your peers on Owlstalk compliments you on the quality & content of a post, especially when it's quite a rarity among the various epithets like "shitgibbon" courtesy of one Rickygoo, who I quite often share intimate exchanges of views.

Enjoy Owlstalk mate, you might need a hide like a Buffalo, but amidst all the 'Yah Boo', it's a great site. 

All of the so called Wednesdayites who predicted everything from 5-0 downwards and who gave us no chance and who had given up on us should hang their heads in shame tonight.

There will be posters trying to cover their ars*s and saying "Just enjoy the result" and congratulating the players on their gritty performance who 24 hours previously had written us off, were licking Wilder's ar*e and were predicting meltdown.

Next time you write off you're own team, have a think before you spout your f*****n defeatist drivel.

To the posters on here that showed some positivity & belief, I take my hat off to you.  

You are the proper Wednesday fans and when the going gets tough, you are the ones that will carry us through.

The ones that were predicting Armageddon against Barca United should reflect on their so called support and in future should react accordingly. 

Awful post 

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

It was blatantly obvious to me that by saying what I did I was going to get mullered. Having a pop at a large section of the forum is not a recipe for an "Upvote" fest.

I assume you're relatively new to the site so if i can give you a bit of advice. (yeah I know,laughable looking at my outburst last night).   If you have opinions about something and you think it may upset some people but you think it is justified and you believe in it, then say it anyway regardless of the response.  The only thing I would say though, is don't make the mistakes I make and post when the 'blood is up'. 

I still stand by some of the comments I made.  I thought the LEVEL of negativity re our chances prior to last night (even allowing for our poor recent form), was both over the top and bearing in mind it was a Derby (where anything can happen) a bit naive. My big mistake, (which I make quite frequently), is not counting to ten before I post and it becoming an emotional rant. Like I say, I still stand by some of what I said, but the delivery, tone & especially the timing was woeful, which only served to weaken my argument & invite ridicule from certain quarters.

I made the same mistake following the play off final at Wembley where I kicked off in the heat of the moment for people leaving early. I felt it was justified at the time but in hindsight it was ridiculous. Again, count to ten and see if it seems a good idea when the emotion has gone out of it.

Like I said, i'm possibly not the greatest one to be dishing out advice, but forget about the 'ups' & 'downs', they will sort themselves out. I find it much more rewarding when one of your peers on Owlstalk compliments you on the quality & content of a post, especially when it's quite a rarity among the various epithets like "shitgibbon" courtesy of one Rickygoo, who I quite often share intimate exchanges of views.

Enjoy Owlstalk mate, you might need a hide like a Buffalo, but amidst all the 'Yah Boo', it's a great site. 

Fair play to u pal

To be fair I was one of those fans 

with the new manager in charge and only having four days of preparation for is new team with the amount of injuries we had.

I didn’t think we’d actually get beaten massively like five nil.

but I did think we was going lose And I think I almost prepared myself for it.

But after watching it I will eat my words I came home from the match last night thinking theres still a chance we can get a few wins on the run with this new manager organises team very well one of two more injuries coming back is looking good.

All of the so called Wednesdayites who predicted everything from 5-0 downwards and who gave us no chance and who had given up on us should hang their heads in shame tonight.

There will be posters trying to cover their ars*s and saying "Just enjoy the result" and congratulating the players on their gritty performance who 24 hours previously had written us off, were licking Wilder's ar*e and were predicting meltdown.

Next time you write off you're own team, have a think before you spout your f*****n defeatist drivel.

To the posters on here that showed some positivity & belief, I take my hat off to you.  

You are the proper Wednesday fans and when the going gets tough, you are the ones that will carry us through.

The ones that were predicting Armageddon against Barca United should reflect on their so called support and in future should react accordingly. 

Out of interest, did you ask for a season ticket refund?

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Good post. (Tho last nights really was a bit crap!)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Fair play. You redeemed yourself with that post. 

I have always believed you should never think of rep points when you post. Makes the forum duller.  

My personal record is 200 negs. And I wansnt intentionally trolling on that occasion either. 

Edited by Bodhidharma
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

To be fair I was one of those fans 

with the new manager in charge and only having four days of preparation for is new team with the amount of injuries we had.

I didn’t think we’d actually get beaten massively like five nil.

but I did think we was going lose And I think I almost prepared myself for it.

But after watching it I will eat my words I came home from the match last night thinking theres still a chance we can get a few wins on the run with this new manager organises team very well one of two more injuries coming back is looking good.

Fact is, most of us expected to get very little out of it. Nowt to do wi bottle, how big a fan you are, how often you go or anything else. 

7 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fair play. You redeemed yourself with that post. 

I have always believed you should never think of rep points when you post. Makes the forum duller.  

My personal record is 200 negs. And I wansnt intentionally trolling on that occasion either. 

Genuine rare laugh from me.

Top post.

FFS ™

I didn't think we'd get hammered 5-0, but I did think we'd lose.

What's shameful about that, bearing in mind the injuries we have?

United have beaten better teams than the one we fielded last night at the Lane this season, after all.

Cootie is an enormous loss for them; without his passing, they tried to create things in and around the box, which led to overplaying the ball. We know all about that here.

We were sloppy and complacent in September, but his absence last night was a significant difference.

Also, Carlos made the fatal error of believing that our midfield four could match their five.

Our main hope at the Lane was new manager syndrome, which thankfully was the deciding factor.

Tuftenbauer was clearly displeased.

The sour-faced g*t.

I genuinely had a feeling we may nick it 0-1 and stated this. As the pressure was all on them and we had a new man at the helm which normally does bring an upturn in confidence and application. 

So being honest ill take the 0-0, but I'm still feeling a little sad that we didnt. 

13 hours ago, horny owl said:

I'm not apologising to anybody

I did think we'd get battered tonight because Carlos has left us in a right state

I spotted the problem over a year ago but some on here couldn't spot a bad manager if he was sat on their face

True fans these days are reyt annoying

Ive been through more sh!te watching Wednesday than these modern day true fan mugs

Now I can't be arsed to go anymore and guess what

I DONT GIVE A PHOOK WHAT ANYBODY THINKS ABOUT IT!!!

I find it difficult to spot one arshole from another unless it's the stain.

:ph34r:WTF: 

26 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Does the OP think we would have got a result if Carlos was still in charge?

No I don't and just out of interest there are a few posts of mine that refer to CCs 'project' having run its course.

I was personally of the opinion that DC was right to show the loyalty he did towards CC, and that he had earned the right to have another go this season, but it became clearer by the day that it wasn't going anywhere and that it was reaching its natural conclusion.

We were ready for a change and JL is a superb replacement.

Sadly - predictably - this thread quickly descended into a slanging match  :sad:

However, I agree with the OP regarding negativity

It's almost reached epidemic proportions this season, and so far there's no cure in sight

I'd say since the 0-0 at home to Bristol City (not such a bad result in hindsight) threads had become deliberately provocative in nature

Inciting argument rather than inviting debate

A lot of it (IMHO) being unreadable and best left alone

You'd think Carlos' departure would at least lighten the mood in some quarters but no

We had the chairman's 'message', the appointment of our new CEO, and the fact that results hadn't magically improved once the main culprit was out of the picture

Indeed, some bad feeling seems to have followed him down to Swansea - and I can't imagine what these fans hope to gain

Jos' arrival raised the mood and then news of the latest fans' forum flattened it again

But that seemed to go well so could we now look towards the derby with renewed optimism?

Huh-uh

Or at least, not without skip-reading the views of our resident pessimists

Football's a rollercoaster, we all know that

Ups and downs, highs and lows

We buy a ticket to share the same thrills and spills

But it spoils the fun when some of the other passengers seem so determined to throw up everywhere

14 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Normally agree with you on most things, don't on this.

I was afraid we may lose, maybe even heavily if the players turned up (or more appropriately didn't turn up) like the Burton game.

I still watched the game in the Hope we could win and obviously wanted us to win 

By no means does it makes me any less of an Owl or even defeatist, I thought we could still win, but a loss was more likely.

It's also what the Bookies thought so it's probably more about being a realistic than a pessimist and certainly not defeatist.

In a similar vein My mother has just been seriously ill, I was frightened and worried that something horrible may happen, I obviously didn't want this to happen I wanted her to get well and obviously still loved her (probably told her so, more than at any other time in my life) 

Sometimes you fear the worst, that doesn't mean you want it to happen fare from it

I think you're confusing Wednesday fans fear of losing to meaning lack of support in most cases (nearly all) this is not the case. 

Anyway UTO! WAWAW! WTID!