HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME

6 hours ago, 33 said:

Think a clean slate for everyone by everyone would be good for everyone

Absolutely.

We have amazing support.

Occasionally some of us get nervous and say daft things.

There's few things in life better than being a Wednesday fan.

WAWAW

I said three or four days ago I reckon we would win or at least draw and was laughed at more or less , have I thrown the dummy out and criticised those who had us down to lose ,nope , why because it doesent matter to me, tbh what does matter though is that we as supporters or fans as you wish to interpret have seen our team battle and hold onto for a point and with a little luck maybe we could have had three and with ten men near the end ,so why start a thread castigating our own supporters , it's a new start a new slate ,everyone except you it seems are ready to go forward from this if it happens , so why not  chill out forget the animosity get your arse into gear and jump on the bandwagon that's been a long time coming to s6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

I said three or four days ago I reckon we would win or at least draw and was laughed at more or less , have I thrown the dummy out and criticised those who had us down to lose ,nope , why because it doesent matter to me, tbh what does matter though is that we as supporters or fans as you wish to interpret have seen our team battle and hold onto for a point and with a little luck maybe we could have had three and with ten men near the end ,so why start a thread castigating our own supporters , it's a new start a new slate ,everyone except you it seems are ready to go forward from this if it happens , so why not  chill out forget the animosity get your arse into gear and jump on the bandwagon that's been a long time coming to s6

I genuinely think it's nerves and anxiety that get the better of us and cause us to bicker amomgst ourselves, from time to time.

We all love Wednesday, and deep down no-one is disagreeing with each other.

Imagine supporing anyone else.

Go on.

See?

UTO ...Wednesday till I die

8 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

All of the so called Wednesdayites who predicted everything from 5-0 downwards and who gave us no chance and who had given up on us...

some words

...should reflect on their so called support and in future should react accordingly. 

I think you'd have been better finding a middle ground here, Rob. I don't know what positive outcome such an antagonistic and self-righteous diatribe like this could hope to achieve.

By all means let's discourage unfounded negativity because it should be constructive. But the same goes for "We're gonna f*** 'em up". I mean, what the heck does that contribute to the discussion? Balance is important, no matter what the point.

Yesterday's result should be our first tentative steps towards galvanizing not just the team, but the fans. Instead, you've chosen to be divisive which puts you in the same negative bracket as those you're having a go at.

2 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Amen to that Trev

I think the mass pessimism before hand was just a case of getting the excuses in early as with so many players out a lot thought there replacements didn't have the  game/heart/ability to turn in a performance like they did . ....understandable that some would think we'd get beat but the team  proved them wrong and hopefully next game they'll be a bit more positive about this group of players and threads like this become a thing of the past . 

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

All of the so called Wednesdayites who predicted everything from 5-0 downwards and who gave us no chance and who had given up on us should hang their heads in shame tonight.

There will be posters trying to cover their ars*s and saying "Just enjoy the result" and congratulating the players on their gritty performance who 24 hours previously had written us off, were licking Wilder's ar*e and were predicting meltdown.

Next time you write off you're own team, have a think before you spout your f*****n defeatist drivel.

To the posters on here that showed some positivity & belief, I take my hat off to you.  

You are the proper Wednesday fans and when the going gets tough, you are the ones that will carry us through.

The ones that were predicting Armageddon against Barca United should reflect on their so called support and in future should react accordingly. 

What a helmet. Have you been watching us this season matey boy? :laugh:

• Like 1

I was convinced we'd get battered. The performance last night was nothing like the team we saw against Burton. Happy they proved me wrong but there's no way my negative outlook before the game had any bearing on the result or performance. Just like they didn't put that shift in because bigthinrob was confident. 

10 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

All of the so called Wednesdayites who predicted everything from 5-0 downwards and who gave us no chance and who had given up on us should hang their heads in shame tonight.

There will be posters trying to cover their ars*s and saying "Just enjoy the result" and congratulating the players on their gritty performance who 24 hours previously had written us off, were licking Wilder's ar*e and were predicting meltdown.

Next time you write off you're own team, have a think before you spout your f*****n defeatist drivel.

To the posters on here that showed some positivity & belief, I take my hat off to you.  

You are the proper Wednesday fans and when the going gets tough, you are the ones that will carry us through.

The ones that were predicting Armageddon against Barca United should reflect on their so called support and in future should react accordingly. 

Bore off

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Why not post something positive after a fantastic battling performance instead of having a pop at your fellow fans ? 

totally agree ,we all had opinions before game , I personally didn't  think we could have got a result ,not because utd are any good just purely as we have 11 out our first 14 players out injured and we nearly lost 5-0 at home to burton in last league game with a completely depleted side . but what the players did yesterday made me proud, gives me belief we can avoid the drop ,all gave 100% towards the cause ,if they show that effort till end of season and I'm sure we will stop up ,what a breath of fresh air now carlos has gone, jos will give our u23s a chance , give s clare a start on tues . every one of us last night what went shouted for 90 mins to encourage the lads, what we don't need is the disharmony. what we had in crowd most of this season were supporters were arguing or even fighting each other ,bigrob needs to put his fists away and go and have a cold shower. 

11 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

bigthinrob

• Sheffield Wednesday First Team
  •  
  • bigthinrob
  • Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • 2,981 posts

Cannot believe the level of whingy negativity prior to a Derby.

Seriously, anyone would think we're playing a mixed 11 from Barca & Real Madrid.

Does history not teach people anything? Form, favourites, squad depth, counts for nothing, as we have found out on numerous occasions. 

It's f*****n Sheffield Shi*bag United, who've done absolutely nowt in the last few games.

The fact we'll have what amounts to nearly a reserve team out may work in our favour. 

Suddenly the roles are reversed, it's no longer the rich aristocratic ball players against the feisty local boys made good. 

It's us who are up against it and I think that may suit us.

Congrats to the ones with a bit of positivity, but for the rest, stop this mealy mouthed pathetic 'throwing the towel in' attitude.

"OOh I'm dreading it", "Ooh, can't see us getting anything". 

We will f**k em.  And if we don't f**k em this time, we'll f**k em next time and the time after.

As the song says they're "Dirty red & white ba***ards" and they're going to get a f****n.

Fair comment Rob ,apologies,

Although I still think it a little harsh to have a go at fans who feared the worst 

1 win in 11 , thrashed by Burton and going to the lane with most of the team missing 

hardly makes for rampant optimism

A Home side, sitting 6/7 in table , playing an away side sitting 15/17 in table, without a shot on goal for God knws how long, having a majority of acknowledged players out, the rest playing like they didn't give a hoot, and with a 5 day long Manager, the old one having jumped ship. Odds? Infinitesimal.

I must admit, as a life-long Owls fan, I was expecting the worst. A large defeat would not have surprised me, but when did SW ever 'stick to the books'?