Loovens

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Had a red at derby so it’s his second one which means a 2 game ban mate

Cheers for that. Does the cup replay count as one of the matches or is it the next 2 league matches that he misses?

52 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It’s probably been mentioned but I wouldn’t mind Loovens staying on as part of the (Dutch) defensive coaching staff in the summer but as a player he shouldn’t be in the team next season.  

We need younger, stronger and faster to progress 

With his ability and experience you would think that he knows himself that his time is up. Often plays sloppy passes across the back, too often out of position resulting in him being done for pace. Doesn't look confident at all much of the time

Edited by Bleeder
Spelling

Guest Jack the Hat

We need to replace him fast. I think jos will figure that out quickly . He is slow and makes bad decisions. Been sent off twice now and should have been off against Ipswich or Norwich -can't remember which- when he went in on that guys knee. He now reminds me of one of those older defenders in Sunday league who trips up the younger players cos he can't catch them.ill be amazed if jos isn't already looking.

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

We need to replace him fast. I think jos will figure that out quickly . He is slow and makes bad decisions. Been sent off twice now and should have been off against Ipswich or Norwich -can't remember which- when he went in on that guys knee. He now reminds me of one of those older defenders in Sunday league who trips up the younger players cos he can't catch them.ill be amazed if jos isn't already looking.

Be a bit like Terry at Chelsea I think. Will find his game time just get less and less. But Will still be kept around as he is a massive influence at the club. And with him also being Dutch would imagine he is the main man for Jos to speak to.

On 13/01/2018 at 00:00, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Out for 2 games now don’t forget , and with lees out for around 3 weeks still and joost a couple of weeks away?  I believe we are down to fred and pudil at CB

incomings due ?

I have not seen anything about when players will be back.

Where have these timelines been suggested for Lees and Van Aken.

As for Loovens, just stay on your feet. He really panicked on both yellows when staying on his feet would have bought us the time required to get back  

7 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I have not seen anything about when players will be back.

Where have these timelines been suggested for Lees and Van Aken.

As for Loovens, just stay on your feet. He really panicked on both yellows when staying on his feet would have bought us the time required to get back  

Last week I saw lees had a setback to his injury and would be back in a month . So that’s where I got the 3 weeks from. It was one of the radio sheff journalists who said so. As for Van Aken I also saw he was a month away a week ago

that should have been his 3rd red of season ,got away with it at Ipswich ,everyone of us know he is too slow and he is a liability . the only problem is ,is what fool decided to give him a 3 year deal when he has had lots of injury issues and only was ever on a 1 year deal , our downfall is the fool what decided that nearly every one of our players deserved long contracts ,its going to inhibit jos in the transfer market and will effect us for at least 2-3 years . who decided on these contracts? carlos chansiri or advisers? 

9 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Last week I saw lees had a setback to his injury and would be back in a month . So that’s where I got the 3 weeks from. It was one of the radio sheff journalists who said so. As for Van Aken I also saw he was a month away a week ago

and in another month they will be another month away and so on , don't see that hardly any of the 11-12 injured players  will have hardly any impact this season ,most of them are crocks , really hope jos will be able to bring in 3 loans as we could be asking u18s before too long to help our cause.

Yes too many Red cards now but i thought the Friday one was harsh. He does calm the defence, Lees always plays better with him however he has become slower, or may be still part injured !  The new defence may have no room for him, don't think Jos was too pleased with his sending off. I think Fred, Van Aken and Lees when fit may be the back three

His career is coming to its end. He has served us superbly, particularly in times when we could have slipped back into league one. Yes he needs  replacing, but he gets less respect on here than other players that have yet to perform for us.

Edited by Pale Rider