Loovens

52 minutes ago, Almat said:

He's been a great servant but he should have been put out to pasture a while ago...

You can only put him to pasture when we have a replacement. That's where we have a problem. You know Loovens is always going to try his best, he won't let you down due to lack of bottle or effort.

His legs have gone but let's try and show him a bit of respect. Yes it's time he became a back up but he can't back up what we don't have.

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

You can only put him to pasture when we have a replacement. That's where we have a problem. You know Loovens is always going to try his best, he won't let you down due to lack of bottle or effort.

His legs have gone but let's try and show him a bit of respect. Yes it's time he became a back up but he can't back up what we don't have.

You've sort of missed my point - if he had been put out to pasture before the season started then i am assuming it would have been because we had got somebody younger and better with which to replace him. We didn't and he wasn't. Now we are having to rely on him due to injuries...and he simply is no longer good enough for Champ. football. 

Edited by Almat

Loovens has been great for us considering he was free and remembering some of the real donkeys we’ve had in the last 20 years, but he’s definitely starting to look a liability in the last 12 months. 

The left side of our defence worries me a bit even once everyone is fit. Maybe Jos can get them super organised but that’s a weakness I hope we can address in the window - or if not, then the summer. 

I can accept that Loovens isn't fast enough.

I can accept that he hasn't got the best distribution.

What I can't accept is his poor decision making.

No excuse whatsoever for this considering his experience.

Sorry to say but he is no longer good enough and has now caused us massive issues with another red card.

I was a big fan of his, cool under pressure making the vital challenge 

it's gone for him. 

His biggest attribute was his reading of the game but he's lost that snap, that vital being first to the ball, he's too slow and he will be the first to admit. 

Game over Glen. 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not fuuucking good enough.

Cheers, skip.

so we lose another body  I've wanted him replaced for 2 years now   

his slow and in some cases unnecessary reckless challenges are expensive he been off twice and could have been 3 ( that one against ipswich)

jos is going to have to find one from the U23 or get a loan in quick

Guest Willow Owl
29 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I can accept that Loovens isn't fast enough.

I can accept that he hasn't got the best distribution.

What I can't accept is his poor decision making.

No excuse whatsoever for this considering his experience.

Sorry to say but he is no longer good enough and has now caused us massive issues with another red card.

Forgive me but didn't we keep a clean sheet? 

Again Loovens reminds me of Miguel Llera - great during the vast majority of his time with us, but in his last season his pace had gone and he was too prone to blunders. The red card was soft today, no doubt about it, but the captain getting sent off in a local derby is never a good look, not least because it's now landed us in a pickle for next week.

Unless van Aken recovers in time for next Saturday, we may well have to play young Thorniley. Imo he should be given every chance to make a starting spot his own, because unfortunately Loovens is past it.