Sheffield United 0: 0 Sheffield Wednesday

You can see it now...

Everyone who has been calling for us to bring through some young players...

Then moans about the fact that we threw them in at the deepend :duntmatter:

On a serious note:

Would love to see Penney given a chance. Left back is a real problem position imo.

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You can see it now...

Everyone who has been calling for us to bring through some young players...

Then moans about the fact that we threw them in at the deepend :duntmatter:

On a serious note:

Would love to see Penney given a chance. Left back is a real problem position imo.

Would prefer Fox over Penney at full-back.

But Penney going forward would be a threat.

3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Wildsmith 

loovens Fred Pudil 

Palmer       Hutch          Reach 

Wallace   Boyd 

LJ

Rhodes

Think Pudil and Hutch are out old bean. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

If Sammy is involved I hope to hell he is actually fit, and not going to cripple himself in desperation to be involved.

He’ll be playing through the pain barrier mate no doubt about it but I’d still rather have him in over jones 

The only thing that concerns me tonight is our centre half pairing. Even more so than the prospect of Butterfield and Jones.

Loovens, lets be honest, is shot. I just can't see him having a good evening tonight. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong though. If I was Clarke/Sharp, I'd be licking my lips at the prospect of going up against him.

And as for Fred...well.

WTF:

Today feels very similar to half time in the 2009 game at the sty. They were 3-0 up having completely outplayed us in the first half. They could see this  was their chance to avenge boxing day. Everyone thought that was how the 2nd half would pan out. The Wednesday players thought differently. Brian Laws brought on Etienne Esajas and that changed the game, We ran them ragged 2 half, clawed back to 3-2 with a cracking free kick from Esajas and gave them a hell  of a scare. But more importantly,  we took away their best chance of real revenge in 30 years. We came out of that ground feeling more like winners than they did that night. I can honestly say I've never celebrated a consolation goal as vehemently as I did that Esajas free kick.

The point is, yes, their form is better than ours, yes were missing an entire team through injury and yes, they desevedly beat us soundly last time out.......but it's only half time......

Edited by Dunkstar
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

The only thing that concerns me tonight is our centre half pairing. Even more so than the prospect of Butterfield and Jones.

Loovens, lets be honest, is shot. I just can't see him having a good evening tonight. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong though. If I was Clarke/Sharp, I'd be licking my lips at the prospect of going up against him.

And as for Fred...well.

WTF:

Exactly how i feel. Our defenders are a big worry, we really need a big tough SOB in there and we havent got anyone like that. Like ive said before i would have no problem in the summer if we replaced our complete back 4 for next season.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Exactly how i feel. Our defenders are a big worry, we really need a big tough SOB in there and we havent got anyone like that. Like ive said before i would have no problem in the summer if we replaced our complete back 4 for next season.

Yep, agree.

If Hutch was fit, I'd have him at centre half with Loovens.

I've seen a few murmurs on social media that his IS fit, and playing, but I'd guess its all hearsay.

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Yep, agree.

If Hutch was fit, I'd have him at centre half with Loovens.

I've seen a few murmurs on social media that his IS fit, and playing, but I'd guess its all hearsay.

I'm confident he's playing from what I've been told, scroll up for team

19 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I hadn't see that...very interesting, if true.

Where have you got that from? Someone within the club?

yeah friend of a friend etc, I got told odd bits about team news etc, only been wrong once, didn't want to make a thread in case it's wrong this time but always worth passing on

hope it's right as like the look of it, especially hutch in front of back 4 & LJ behind rhodes, could be key

Just now, gypsyowl said:

yeah friend of a friend etc, I got told odd bits about team news etc, only been wrong once, didn't want to make a thread in case it's wrong this time but always worth passing on

hope it's right as like the look of it, especially hutch in front of back 4 & LJ behind rhodes, could be key

Totally agree.

I really like the look of that line up.

Roll on 6:45...