Sheffield United 0: 0 Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Much better from us but 2 poor sides.Only Wildsmith,Joao and Reach should be here out of that side next season.

Never seen so many players whose legs have gone in one side.

Back off, that’s down to the poor training they’ve had, looks like we now have a proper manager in place, thank feck we finally got rid of Carlos..

Swansea, bless you but you will regret it...

lol

Expecting both centre backs to be pressed for another yellow. They'll try everything to get a sending off. Have to say Loovens once again is a liability but we go with what we've got.

Think they'll try to hassle the ref again and goodness me he likes to blow for nowt...

Jones looking like the he was at Burnley, and why we signed him. Disciplined in his role, protecting the back 3 and putting a foot in.

Solid 1st half that. 

Wilder looked more and more anxious as the half went on.

And we all know we're a 2nd half team.

Still bloody hate watching derbies. It doesn't get any easier the older you get lads.

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think Palmer and Fox have been poor. If we’re going to play wing backs we need better players than them. The games passed Reach and Wallace by. Joao and Jones have been our best players. The ref as expected has been a tw@t.

Not palmers biggest fan, but he's having one of his better games so far imo.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

,I will say this, tonight I have seen everything that we haven't been for the last 18 months!!!

organised as fizz

every player looks like they know what they are supposed to be doing

players working hard to close down

challenging for every ball

and we were straight out of the blocks, not sleep walking for the first half. 

If this is how organised Jos got us in five days then I'm really looking forward to what he is goi g to do, especially when he gets a fully fit squad!!!

absolute beast of a half from Liam Palmer, apart from falling asleep on th set piece on 49 mins he has been a beast. Everyone looks up for it and look full of energy which is a joy to see. 

As lo g as we protect fox we should be ok, he is clearly our weakest link but even he is having a decent game. 

They are poo btw if we had a fully fit team we would easily win this. 

Hats off boys boys and hats off to Jos. don't slack off now 2nd half keep goi g.

UTo

Agree (see post above yours!), and yep - if 85% of our first team weren’t out we’d be winning this easily. United have industry, fancy-arse set pieces and a bit of swagger, but quality is low.

Just now, mike312 said:

Well, we are putting our foot in and getting about them. Fox looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Rhodes is giving nothing as usual but carries a threat. Given what we have available it's ok.

Rhodes has actually pressured the ball a few times and linked up play once or twice, but it's not what he's about.

Gerrit to him in the box as often as possible and he'll do what he does. We've yet to do so consistently except during the short stint after he signed for us when he was partnered with SW.

5 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

My NOW TV seems to be running behind, is it cos I’ve had a dodgy code to put in ?

lol

Feels like iFollow..

NowTV is about a minute behind the live action, about 30 seconds behind normal SkyTV and 15 seconds behind Owlstalk comments. I can’t keep up. 

• Haha 2

Not enough early crosses for me. This would play to jr strength  and jao following on would make it difficult. But regardless of result this is an improvement in work rate and to a certain extent pace as well as wing play. Not bad for 4 days of training. Overall promising in my opinion. Uto 

Edited by Watford_owl

Foul aside (which was a necessary one to make) and therefore subsequent booking, I'm happy with how Fred's looking.

Not sure Wallace will get through the 90, but there's a couple of midfield options. For my mind, Fox and Wallace off - Reach to LWB. Butterfield (sorry) and Boyd on.

Save Adthe for as and when kitchen sink throwing is required.

Time will tell. 

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

Not palmers biggest fan, but he's having one of his better games so far imo.

Agree think he's looked good.

Reach is doing well but Fox is horrendous so would be tempted to move Reach out left and Boyd Central

Scares me having 2 CBs booked