Villas-Boas

21 hours ago, Quist said:

I think the discussion you quoted there illustrates clearly CC had control of who came in and went. He was asked if he wanted bryson or Butterfirld in exchange for Winnall and he did. Derby obviously approached us with an offer of a swap deal and it was taken to CC. It did not impact finances as Winnall went and one would arrive. CC had control of who joined and who left.

Accept that players did used to sign for managers but think finance has over took that now. The financial scandal resulted in contract negotiation being taken away from managers and you could see why its a pity so agree with you on that point.

As for AVB I know alot more about Spurs situation than I have said and trust me we escaped a catastrophe. Yes the Portugese manager thing is rather interesting amazing how they land at good clubs who have large financial backing. I wonder why this happens?

You have just confirmed the fact that you would probably argue all night with your own shadow over which one of you was most stubborn!

A manager telling his chairman which player, or players he wants and getting them is very different to a head coach being asked by his chairman, "do you know that extra midfielder you were after, would either of these two do, decide now before the deadline shuts?" Carlos was been given the choice between having a player, or not having a player, he has not had the choice between having one player that he asked for or another player that he asked for. If you cannot understand that very simple, very obvious difference then you need to shut your phone, tablet or pc down and go and have a little rest, or next time you phone up the takeaway wanting a Tandoori massala you will get told you can have whatever you want, a pizza or chicken chow mein!

lol

22 hours ago, Quist said:

Did the old guard win anything after he left Chelsea?

No he did not start Tottenham mark 2 look at who joined and who left after he went.

You cannot argue one point and another without us reading what you are saying. I know who signed who at Tottenham and I dont care whether you tell us next you are psychic and can read the minds of the Tottenham chairman and "technical director", but AVB listed the players I mentioned as being who he wanted and they sold Bale while replacing him with 7 players, 4 of which AVB said that he did not want. Spurs sold a player who scored or made possible a large number of their goals and did not replace him with a player or players, who could replace that goal count without weakening his team by playing wingers attacking fullbacks and three strikers! It does not get any clearer than that. 

4 of the 7, which if you failed to notice, is more than half of Tottenham mark 2 were UNWANTED BY AVB!

If you could just let go of whatever hatred you have for the man, acceptance of facts will become much simpler. I have forgiven him, the same way I have forgiven Carlos. Not everything at the two clubs were ideal and certainly some major deciding factors were out of their control. Control actually meaning deciding what needs to be done regarding new players and doing it as you want it done. Players are not just a list of statistics, if a manager is allowed to buy the exact players they want and play the style they want to play, then responsibility for success or failure is pretty much theirs.

11 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

You cannot argue one point and another without us reading what you are saying. I know who signed who at Tottenham and I dont care whether you tell us next you are psychic and can read the minds of the Tottenham chairman and "technical director", but AVB listed the players I mentioned as being who he wanted and they sold Bale while replacing him with 7 players, 4 of which AVB said that he did not want. Spurs sold a player who scored or made possible a large number of their goals and did not replace him with a player or players, who could replace that goal count without weakening his team by playing wingers attacking fullbacks and three strikers! It does not get any clearer than that. 

4 of the 7, which if you failed to notice, is more than half of Tottenham mark 2 were UNWANTED BY AVB!

If you could just let go of whatever hatred you have for the man, acceptance of facts will become much simpler. I have forgiven him, the same way I have forgiven Carlos. Not everything at the two clubs were ideal and certainly some major deciding factors were out of their control. Control actually meaning deciding what needs to be done regarding new players and doing it as you want it done. Players are not just a list of statistics, if a manager is allowed to buy the exact players they want and play the style they want to play, then responsibility for success or failure is pretty much theirs.

I have worked out what you are as well.