Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

What a shambles this is.

The official offer on the website was ridiculous.

I am not against the whole refund thing as someone's financial circumstances could have drastically changed.  Say someone was made redundant and is really struggling financially.  In these circumstance a private approach to the club explaining their situation would hopefully been listened to by the club.

Just because a few people have made flippant remarks on social media doesn't mean the Chairman should make it public and offer it to everyone.  This whole situation has been handled dreadfully by the club.

No one win from this, the club or fans.  It'll just turn fans on fans and cause social media unrest and draw unnecessary attention when we least need it.

DC and the club harp on about being 'stronger together' well this refund fiasco is anything but 'together.'

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So stopping em buying anymore is saving em from their waivering decisions in future.

I would LOVE you to go to a shop and them refuse to serve you and ban you for life for wavering on your purchasing decisions

You'd go nuts

You do realise what you're saying right?

Seriously

You do realise what you're advocating?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, DesWalker said:

No one win from this, the club or fans.  It'll just turn fans on fans and cause social media unrest and draw unnecessary attention when we least need it.

Already is doing

Those who can't wait to have a dig at fans because they're uberfans, go to every game and have done since the 70's are already on this thread laying into fans as hard as they can (and name calling at the same time)

Those who think it's a bad offer are saying so loudly and trying to reason with the above people

Quite the distraction this

150th Anniversary Year

Owlstalk Shop

WELL DONE, MR CHANSIRI!

The purchase of a SEASON ticket is exactly what it says , a ticket for a SEASON, not a cheap offer when you want it,and through good and bad.

Read Mr. Chansiri's offer of renewal. He has NOT banned anyone from watching Wednesday, either now or in the future! He has simply stated that anyone wanting to BREAK THEIR CONTRACT., because that's what it is,of having the benefits of STs, few though they are, can do so, and at what might be considered a fair price. The refund will be pro-rata, in other words I presume the price of the ticket will be divided by the number of games played in the season, then this figure , less administration costs, will be multiplied by the number of remaining games. This seems fair. The addendum of the ban on the purchase of further Season Tickets in the future may seem harsh , but to me fair, and it does not stop anyone going to matches and POTG. There does not seem to be any ban whatsoever.

The only other way out of this situation is to rescind the offer totally, and not offfer a refund. Completely legal and fair.  

• Thanks 1

I Like Chansiri but think this is a situation where he has shot himself in the foot. Fans buy a season ticket to watch their team over a season without knowing if it will be a great season or a relegation battle. They get a discount because they are to some extent buying sight unseen. The last 2 years they've had a good deal, this season has been awful, that's the luck of the draw.

If fans are critical DC should have toughed it out and said that's the nature of football. He didn't do that, he offered a refund for disgruntled fans, either that is a genuine offer or it isn't. Offer a refund but make it a genuine offer, Pro rata for the number of games remaining is absolutely fair. Blacklisting fans isn't, I'm not even sure it is legal to effectively impose a lifetime ban in these circumstances.

Sorry DC you are wrong on this one, it shows bad faith. The offer wasn't a genuine one.

I accept the point some have made that fans shouldn't expect a refund, but they didn't anyway. Once the offer is made, fans should be free to accept it. If I was a season ticket holder, I would be less inclined to renew now.     

Just now, steveger said:

I lied, i have never paid for a movie or anything else online for years, i'm a thief via torrents and Kodi :laugh: 

Argh! I bet you sneak into games through that gap in the fence as well don't you! Scrubber! lol

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

WELL DONE, MR CHANSIRI!

The purchase of a SEASON ticket is exactly what it says , a ticket for a SEASON, not a cheap offer when you want it,and through good and bad.

Read Mr. Chansiri's offer of renewal. He has NOT banned anyone from watching Wednesday, either now or in the future! He has simply stated that anyone wanting to BREAK THEIR CONTRACT., because that's what it is,of having the benefits of STs, few though they are, can do so, and at what might be considered a fair price. The refund will be pro-rata, in other words I presume the price of the ticket will be divided by the number of games played in the season, then this figure , less administration costs, will be multiplied by the number of remaining games. This seems fair. The addendum of the ban on the purchase of further Season Tickets in the future may seem harsh , but to me fair, and it does not stop anyone going to matches and POTG. There does not seem to be any ban whatsoever.

The only other way out of this situation is to rescind the offer totally, and not offfer a refund. Completely legal and fair.  

embarrassing 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ignoring your first paragraph attacking fans

This last question I totally agree

So why all this?

Why does the chairman just not email the people back who asked for it and deal with privately on a one to one basis?

He's got their email addresses

None of this needed to be splattered all over the press

Take the lead and stop it being splattered all over this site.

• Thanks 1

So, so f****** unnecessary, a stupid offer made with stupid conditions that has succeeded in pitting fan v fan.

is it all just classic deflection to make us all forget what a clusterf*** this 150th anniversary season has been with its multiple mistakes none of which are the fans fault.

Yet here we are with some fans seething at this , while others seem to think it funny and i assume would be happy for us if we ever got to Wembley again to just sell 25,000 tickets and have an ocean of empty seats, after all they are the PROPER fans.

Fair conditions imo, maybe stripping loyalty points is a stretch. If you want to pick and choose when to watch Wednesday then you pay on the gate and go to less games. Which you can still do if you take up this refund offer.

This offer wasn't designed for people who are having financial difficulty, so I don't see why people would play the 'you don't know their situation' card. It was designed for disgruntled fans who want their money back because we aren't in the promotion race and we aren't performing well. 

I agree it shouldn't have been offered in the first place though. Fickle fans shouldn't be rewarded, just don't renew your season ticket if you're that bothered.

• Thanks 5