Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Our 150th season

And we are now telling people to foook off and don't come back - FOR ACCEPTING AN OFFER MADE BY THE CHAIRMAN THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY

On top of everything else that the club have messed up. Not the fans. The club.

What an absolute mess. And yet - we have fans on here defending it. Incredible. Anybody defending this needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

5 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If you want guaranteed success don’t buy a ST or glory hunt Another club 

I agree, the reason for  fans ''wanting'' a refund doesn't sit well with me at all.

BUT

The way the chairman has since gone about it has been less than professional in my opinion and is making a small matter that could have been dealt with 100% better, into something that will leave a bad taste throughout the whole club 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing

I'm not anti-chansiri whatsoever

No matter who would have made this offer I'd not have defended it at all

It's a disgrace

It's really simple... Don't ask for a refund and you won't be banned from buying a season ticket in future. If work commitments stop you going then sell your ticket to a friend or someone that can use it... I think a lot of fans are thinking it's January and the football ain't been great so I will get some money back and that's the sort of fairweather fan that can stay at home and watch on sky from now on... Pathetic.

I would love it know how many people who want a refund actually have work commitments i bet it's minimal.

7 minutes ago, steveger said:

I paid for a movie from Netflix, i thought the acting was rubbish so i'm asking for a refund....

You can have one. But your banned from Netflix subscriptions for life

Edited by poite
  • Haha 2

Just now, ... said:

I would love it know how many people who want a refund actually have work commitments i bet it's minimal.

Ignoring your first paragraph attacking fans

This last question I totally agree

So why all this?

Why does the chairman just not email the people back who asked for it and deal with privately on a one to one basis?

He's got their email addresses

None of this needed to be splattered all over the press

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

the chairman has chucked his toys out of his pram with this ridiculous offer when nobody actually wants their money back, we wanted action

carlos should have been sacked months ago

where was the statements on current failings when we were all asking questions?

that's what a chairman does, not threaten fans that have been here a long time before him & will still be here once he's gone, like most said massive own goal & fan base will be divided at a time when we should all be sticking together now we have the new manager

Clear he’d sooner blame the fans than accept responsibility for keeping on a poo manager 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why did these people ask for refunds?

Be interested to hear

I personally have no idea of their circumstances at all

Do you?

I must say that I am on the side of DC here regarding the unprecedented offer of a refund; if the reason you want a refund is because we are near a relegation fight then too right you should lose your privileges to discounted tickets in the future.

The only own goal that has been made by DC in my eyes is no differentiation between fans who have a honest reason (lost job etc) or those who were just throwing their toys out of the pram because of a bad season.

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

I paid for a movie from Netflix, i thought the acting was rubbish so i'm asking for a refund....

I paid for a holiday to Majorca with guaranteed wall to wall sunshine, it rained every day so I'm asking for a refund. lol

17 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Map I will ask you this question what would your thoughts have been on Dave Allan doing this?

Infact I don’t even have to ask you because I know the answer. 

You our sir are ridiculous 

Post not poster.

If folk want their money back, they obviously don’t want to go. So stopping em buying anymore is saving em from their waivering decisions in future. We’ve had many a worse season than this and there will be more crappy seasons so why put themselves through the torture if they won’t be getting the success they need to justify their ST prices?

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

looooooollll wow, you do realise for someone to go glory hunting as a fan they need to pick a team that has had a least a modicum of success in the past 10/20 years don't you??????

just unbelievable geoff

As someone (possibly Roy Hattersley) once said, "any fool can support Arsenal or Liverpool, but it takes a real hero to support Sheffield Wednesday"

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

looooooollll wow, you do realise for someone to go glory hunting as a fan they need to pick a team that has had a least a modicum of success in the past 10/20 years don't you??????

just unbelievable geoff

it was the glory of that gutless loss in the final to that tinpot team across the m62. These glory hunters can't get enough!

lol

Instead of offering a refund they should have offered a game called "half time retribution" based on at last 4 players who got the lowest rating via the clubs pro data stuff (fans rating would be no good as it would be abused with the usual  scapegoats every game), those lowest scoring players would then be placed in a set of stocks on the centre spot and fans choosing by another separate competition  such as who ate the most pies at the last home game, pie ticket stubs to be issued with the purchase of a pie and kept as evidence, anyway the winning piemunchers , sorry fans could then throw buckets of raw stale tuna at the 4 players not pulling their fingers out, would be great fun and i reckon it would see the crowds rise.....

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So he gets to ban loyal fans who are unhappy

And who Is saying those wanting a refund have done any more than voice an opinion.

He's not banning anyone from attending Hillsborough. He's just telling those who demanded a refund (a ridiculous request IMHO) that they can have their way and can POTG going forward. 

• Thanks 1