Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

25 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Without agreeing or disagreeing with the ban, I can see that logic behind it. Do we want to sell season tickets to someone that has a history of getting a refund; it could happen again. 

How could that happen?

Please explain to me how that could possibly ever happen

It can only ever happen if the chairman offers refunds again

That's the only way it can happen

Literally the only way it can possibly happen

So no.  Anyone getting a refund this time around  can't get one unless the chairman amazingly then goes and offers them again

None of this is the fans doing 

None of it

They didn't really expect any refunds

Many have only even applied because the chairman advertised is on the website (many of them not even understanding what the whole thing is about)

And nobody can get a refund ever unless the chairman allows it

I don't know why people are failing to see just how basic and simple this whole issue is

Don't offer refunds ever as a 'thing' either in fans forums, in a press conference, or on the official website and nobody will ever apply for one

If they do just send them a really nice email back saying that you're going to get things better soon and to hang in there till you do

Then concentrate on improving the club, results, merchandise, anniverary year or whatever you can to ATTRACT people to the club and not capture a shedload of bad PR and put people off

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Need more clues is this a bare knuckle fight or are they just touching each other with bare knuckles and which one starts on top as for bedsit what does that mean I've always lived in a big hoooose.

FFS (Costello patent) 

If you're not going to take it seriously..

FFS ™.

Built up frustration coming to a head, anger, moaning...want my money back, it ain't a new thing.
We have no idea how many really do want their money back, 12, 100?...more. Even if 200 it is not a huge percentage.
I doubt we will ever know exactly how many take up the offer.

So some fans spat the dummy out, the chairman did likewise with the conditions. He should really know better.
He has really blown it all out of proportion, hopefully accidentally.....

But TBH, if on the way out against, say the grunters and Mr C heard me mumping and offered me £30 back I would have snatched his hand off.
Then similar against Burton I would have snatched his other hand off lol

5 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You should pay double for your season ticket next season, you’re a true fan. You’re the best, you eat, sleep and drink Wednesday.

Nobody is as big a Wednesdayite as you. You’re a legend pal and you deserve the privilege of paying more than the rest of the scrotes who aren’t quite as fanatical as you. You deserve a statue outside the south stand and the honour of paying for it’s erection and you will pay it, because you at a true fan. You are Sheffield Wednesday sir.

I don't think I can be classed as a fanatical supporter because I wont be asking for a refund and think people who are wanting ST refunds at this stage are not real swfc fans but people who want to support only a winning team.

Not sure why I should pay more or where the statue comes into your thinking as a response, I certainly did not mention any of those things. If a refund is needed for purely financial reasons then it's understandable. 

Why the degree of personal sarcasm in your reply is not clear to me. I not offended. I thought the purpose of this site is to discuss our feelings about our club, the management. the players and the supporters.

I sure the site is not meant for attempts of sarcastic comedy.

If you disagree with my point of view it's still not clear from your response. The only point that is clear is I should pay double for my next ST for being a true fan as I don't think fans should be refunding ST's but applaud the chairman for offering.

Why not enlighten me on why you think my opinion is so wrong to you ???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Built up frustration coming to a head, anger, moaning...want my money back, it ain't a new thing.
We have no idea how many really do want their money back, 12, 100?...more. Even if 200 it is not a huge percentage.
I doubt we will ever know exactly how many take up the offer.

So some fans spat the dummy out, the chairman did likewise with the conditions. He should really know better.
He has really blown it all out of proportion, hopefully accidentally.....

But TBH, if on the way out against, say the grunters and Mr C heard me mumping and offered me £30 back I would have snatched his hand off.
Then similar against Burton I would have snatched his other hand off lol

Straight after Burton I probably would have given my ST back to Chansiri !!! refund or not !!!! Chansiri I am sure means well but I think some fans are weary of him and find negatives in everything. Maybe some PR type help is required for him.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How could that happen?

Please explain to me how that could possibly ever happen

It can only ever happen if the chairman offers refunds again

That's the only way it can happen

Literally the only way it can possibly happen

So no.  Anyone getting a refund this time around  can't get one unless the chairman amazingly then goes and offers them again

None of this is the fans doing 

None of it

They didn't really expect any refunds

Many have only even applied because the chairman advertised is on the website (many of them not even understanding what the whole thing is about)

And nobody can get a refund ever unless the chairman allows it

I don't know why people are failing to see just how basic and simple this whole issue is

Don't offer refunds ever as a 'thing' either in fans forums, in a press conference, or on the official website and nobody will ever apply for one

If they do just send them a really nice email back saying that you're going to get things better soon and to hang in there till you do

Then concentrate on improving the club, results, merchandise, anniverary year or whatever you can to ATTRACT people to the club and not capture a shedload of bad PR and put people off

Maybe Chansiri cares more about swfc supporters who feel they don't want ST's anymore than bad PR that comes from it. Look North does anything it can to make Leeds look better than other Yorkshire clubs. Chairman should be applauded for his offer and wednesdayites should politely refuse his gracious offer is my opinion. Also the saying goes there is no such thing as bad PR. Just look at the current celebrity status stars and what is written about them. 

7 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Also the saying goes there is no such thing as bad PR. Just look at the current celebrity status stars and what is written about them. 

He should go on the rampage tonight then and thump the table and call fans scum and cretins 

Your whole post is way too apologist for me and I honestly do not believe the Chairman thinks like that at all 

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve stated multiple times that the refunds should not have been requested and certainly not offered.

From a fan perspective the request for a refund plays directly in to the hands of those who would view us as customers.

From a club perspective we look petty and it’s clearly exasperated the whole issue. It may look like strong leadership to some but IMO it was the polar opposite.

Edited by Morepork

59 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I’ve stated multiple times that the refunds should not have been requested and certainly not offered.

From a fan perspective the request for a refund plays directly in to the hands of those who would view us as customers.

From a club perspective we look petty and it’s clearly exasperated the whole issue. It may look like strong leadership to some but IMO it was the polar opposite.

Looks like a good offer from the best chairman I can remember in the last 20  to 50 years who must be getting a little annoyed to say the least about the incessant criticism of him and everything else Sheffield Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Looks like a good offer from the best chairman who must be getting a little annoyed to say the least about the incessant criticism of him 

Criticism is fine

It offers advice and help on how to improve

Customer feedback if you will

Like saying don't offer refunds on the official website ahead of your biggest derby game in years and just as youve appointed a new manager and CEO to look after this stuff anyway

As for stuff before it, stripes, shirts in stock, anniversary watches, preseason friendlies, getting players fit etc etc etc 

Owlstalk Shop

On 1/10/2018 at 21:56, Ash76 said:

That's interesting, a poster that used to go on here suggested the same number so might be some truth to it? Grandad, you might know him?

One of those isn't related and a couple are positive stories, granted they're actually the same story just on a different site. Also nice of Kivo to contribute to one of them wouldn't you agree?

Eh?

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He should go on the rampage tonight then and thump the table and call fans scum and cretins 

Your whole post is way too apologist for me and I honestly do not believe the Chairman thinks like that at all 

who says fans are scum and cretins ?? Can you explain to who or why the post is too apologist for you. Can just a small percentage of you believe he is 1 of the better chairman that swfc could have been left with after MM. The bad pr is totally generated within a small minority of owls fans who find fault in most decisions chansiri makes. He not weak or any other descriptions i read on here recently. He offered the people who think they deserve a refund a way of doing so, I still feel same and nobody yet made me change my mind - good riddance. But thank you chairman for the offer. 

On 09/01/2018 at 11:47, matthefish2002 said:

So next season Peter Sutcliffe can buy a season tickets no problem,

But Mr Joe Bloggs who thought he would take up the offer on a refund the club made due to his work changing his hours is banned for life! 

Not sure why you brought poor peter Sutcliffe into this horrendous argument what has he done to deserve that?