Mr Chansiri "We have to fit the tactics to the players now"

Mr Chansiri said in today's press conference that previously he's stated :

he wants the team to play attacking, aggressive and entertaining football

But our situation now is maybe a little bit difficult, but we try to fit the tactic to our players now

I thought this was a really honest bit of the press conference

Be interesting to see how long we play that way 

Hopefully till we get to safety and then crack on more positively on the pitch

11:34 in 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

To me that says no new players during this window. 

I may be wrong ( in fact , im always wrong in our house) 

I wouldn't read that into it. In fact earlier in the press conference (6:15) he's asked about transfer funds and he says "we'll do our best, we'll do what we need" and nods. so i'd expect new faces even if it's just loans.

I liked that bit too, a bit of realism which is always welcome. Chansiri does seem like a reasonable guy tbh. not a barmy owner with his head in the clouds and no clue about the reality of football. he was patient with carlos, maybe too much so, but he seems aware of where we are now and the current morale level in the dressing room. seems to understand that people are human and that our first task is to put some belief back into the players. good to see tbh.

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

It's all about stability for the next few months and possibly until the end of the season. Fresh start in the summer.

Most likely, yeah. BUt the teams at the bottom of the playoffs are pretty inconsistent. Derby are 2nd, but had a pretty poor first dozen games. They've put some results together and leapt right up there. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for us to do the same, it just depends whether Jos can put some confidence into the lads who are playing and if we get players back from injury rather than them being sidelined again when they should be returning. Stranger things have happened and despite how we've been playing we do have quality in the squad.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mr Chansiri says we will do what we can in the transfer window and that we will try our best and do what we need

MEGA BUCKZZZZZZ SPENDING SPREEEEEEE!!!!

It can't be that...The fans haven't picked which ones we want yet.............

24 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I wouldn't read that into it. In fact earlier in the press conference (6:15) he's asked about transfer funds and he says "we'll do our best, we'll do what we need" and nods. so i'd expect new faces even if it's just loans.

I liked that bit too, a bit of realism which is always welcome. Chansiri does seem like a reasonable guy tbh. not a barmy owner with his head in the clouds and no clue about the reality of football. he was patient with carlos, maybe too much so, but he seems aware of where we are now and the current morale level in the dressing room. seems to understand that people are human and that our first task is to put some belief back into the players. good to see tbh.

I also think a lot of fans have now accepted reality and realised our position also.The mood has definitely changed for the better now that expectation has changed.When Carlos was here everybody was lured in by his speeches like the promise of returning to attacking football only to revert back to crab football and the frustration built until fans were turning on each other.I think we have all collectively taken a deep breath since cc departed and for the first time all come together with the thought of getting enough points to be safe and start building for next season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Most likely, yeah. BUt the teams at the bottom of the playoffs are pretty inconsistent. Derby are 2nd, but had a pretty poor first dozen games. They've put some results together and leapt right up there. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for us to do the same, it just depends whether Jos can put some confidence into the lads who are playing and if we get players back from injury rather than them being sidelined again when they should be returning. Stranger things have happened and despite how we've been playing we do have quality in the squad.

Playoffs are still possible just highly unlikely in my opinion although we have shown we can put a few wins together. It just depends on if we can cope with the amount of injuries (so far it's looking like we can't). We either need a miracle where everyone gets fit or some shrewd business in the transfer window, even if it is just loans.

9 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Could be good news for Rhodes

I'm not sure walking football will do us any favours to be honest

The positive thing now is that DC has got someone to share the workload. Furthermore hopefully he will listen to JL advice and recommandations.

DC has been well meaning but naive in football matters, this period will show if he is learning.

Scrolling down and listening at the same time. At one point the pouring water next to the mic @4:25 reminded me of that naked gun scene where the mic wasn't turned off when Drebin goes to the bog. That sky sports interviewer doesn't seem to realise that he has two non native English speakers in front of him either so his questions don't get answered correctly.

2 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We now have to buy players to fit tactics?

Now?

As opposed to just randomly buying strikers

Christ hahaha

I don't believe that's what he meant. 

My take on it was because of the current injury levels & league position our tactics will have to be adjusted to suit the players currently available. While the aim is obviously to climb the table, the short term aim of the tactics will be to stop leaking goals & ensure our place in the Championship for next season.