This might go against a great many of the fanbase, but trying to get GH to sign, does it necessarily mean anything ? Is he likely to start ? He was well down the pecking order previously, so what is/has changed ? 

From reading the Chairman's comments, the offer made to GH was more than reasonable, and his side deemed it not enough. If the breaking of the wage structure to keep a player around for a few years with no direct route to the first team was something considered, then for me, let him go, ensure a good sell on clause if it pans out for him. 

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Not at any point during her time at Charlton did she show the slightest sign that she gives a flying f**k if the fans are on side or not. I don't think 'easy wins' to appease the fans will be particularly high in her agenda.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying if it does, it won't be because KM is trying to win a popularity contest.

You might be right - i suspect she doesn't wanna be seen as a pariah from the off and there will be some appeasement measures

But if you are right then from what we have seen of the absolute train crash she was involved with at Charlton then it's likely we could be in for a shitty time

We've no option that to hope she has learned from her time and taken some steps to be better with the fans - within the remit she is given

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I'll be honest I'm not ITK just a rumour I've heard but if right we have already offered him too much imo.

Lad would have been made for life on a 4year deal if figure I've heard is right Infact if we only offered 50% of what I've been told he'd be made for life.

We have to offer what we think he's worth if he thinks he can get more than that's his prerogative and we should all move on and nobody is to blame just 1 of those things.

If you’re not ITK the.mn I don’t see any harm in putting the figure out there that you’ve heard.

FWIW I’ve heard they were asking for £15k.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Would be a stroke of genius by the new CEO if she could agree a deal. Would immediately get all the fans onside. 

You are right.

However, what if she trotted off and signed a different 19 year old that is not good enough for. 1st team football.

Would everyone be as excited?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If you’re not ITK the.mn I don’t see any harm in putting the figure out there that you’ve heard.

I’ve heard the Hirst Camp want £15k pw and we’ve offered £5k. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

£15k transfer? Sounds like a bargain.

4 minutes ago, scram said:

You might be right - i suspect she doesn't wanna be seen as a pariah from the off and there will be some appeasement measures

But if you are right then from what we have seen of the absolute train crash she was involved with at Charlton then it's likely we could be in for a shitty time

We've no option that to hope she has learned from her time and taken some steps to be better with the fans - within the remit she is given

She's award winning

The VRG Alumni Prize is awarded annually to a deserving alumnus of the Faculty of Law of KU Leuven who has distinguished himself from society.

That lady (2016)

Katrien MeireThe VRG Alumni Prize 2016 goes to That lady (promotion 2007). With less than ten professional years on the odometer she already ran a varied and surprising career path. Katrien started her career according to a classic and proven recipe: in the tough legal sector, as a competition law practitioner at the European Commission and some renowned law firms. But now you find her back in Greenwich, on and around The Valley, the stadium of Charlton Athletic FCfrom the English Football League, and as CEO of this English tradition club. With the award of the Alumni Prize, VRG Alumni wants to recognize its special course. That lady left the obvious path and went for an ambitious and not always obvious role in a world in which people are still often surprised when an enthusiastic and bold young lady appears on the pitch, in the guest rooms or at the negotiating table and there, too, turbulent waters, her male knows how to stand. She is the living example that you can take the most diverse paths with a law study, that it can be done quickly and that neither gender nor age should stand in the way, even in bastions where until recently very heavy hordes remained .

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I'll be honest I'm not ITK just a rumour I've heard but if right we have already offered him too much imo.

Lad would have been made for life on a 4year deal if figure I've heard is right Infact if we only offered 50% of what I've been told he'd be made for life.

We have to offer what we think he's worth if he thinks he can get more than that's his prerogative and we should all move on and nobody is to blame just 1 of those things.

Right so that's a bit hush hush so I will have to do the maths as to what he needs to be 'made for life'.

He's 18, to buy himself a property and generate a comfortable income for around 70 years (let's say £50k pa pre tax) whilst also allowing for inflation, he's going to need around £2m.

That will have to be after tax so gross he will need to earn £3.5m. You said we have offered double what he needs to be 'made for life'. 

So that's £7 million over 4 years we have offered, £35,000 a week. Greedy little toerag, who does he think he is turning down £35k a week at 18.

Seriously though, he's a kid. He needs a shed load of money to be 'made for life' which is the phrase we keep hearing over and over again. I'm not saying who is right or wrong but I've heard people making out like if he gets 2 grand a week now, he will never have to work again even if he gets a career ending injury in 2 years time.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Right so that's a bit hush hush so I will have to do the maths as to what he needs to be 'made for life'.

He's 18, to buy himself a property and generate a comfortable income for around 70 years (let's say £50k pa pre tax) whilst also allowing for inflation, he's going to need around £2m.

That will have to be after tax so gross he will need to earn £3.5m. You said we have offered double what he needs to be 'made for life'. 

So that's £7 million over 4 years we have offered, £35,000 a week. Greedy little toerag, who does he think he is turning down £35k a week at 18.

Seriously though, he's a kid. He needs a shed load of money to be 'made for life' which is the phrase we keep hearing over and over again. I'm not saying who is right or wrong but I've heard people making out like if he gets 2 grand a week now, he will never have to work again even if he gets a career ending injury in 2 years time.

I think it’s an exaggeration to say he can be ‘made for life’ but a 4 year contract worth £15k a week (approx) £3m would go a long way towards it (as you’ve just pointed out)

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

I live in Leeds mate. It’s from a mate who runs a business who business acquaintance knows the Hirst’s. 

I heard it from someone with contacts at the academy. It sounded a bit wooly at the time I thought, but maybe there was something in it- this was back in September.

12K a week so over 4years take home roughly 1.5mill.

If for even half of that you can't ensure you have a nice pad paid for,  Nice ride and some money left in bank so even if you end up at Stalybridge on a few hundred quid a week after that then somethings seriously wrong.

12 minutes ago, londonowl said:

fizz me I hope I never hear you complaining about ticket prices if that's your kind of income jesus christ.

Made for life for me is no mortgage, No car payments etc just need to earn enough to cover utilities and essentials which even basic wage job would Cover.

Infact if he was uber sensible he could buy a normal pad, normal car stick a million in bank and be guaranteed 2.5K every month from his bank so never have to work again if 12K per week is right.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He'll have 350k no more no less

• Haha 1