Lee Bullen reviews the FA Cup clash with Carlisle

It makes total sense imo to keep Lee on as our long term backroom team member. Think of him as Moran at Liverpool or pat rice at arsenal. He's no world beater but will do a solid job for this club hopefully for the rest of his working  days. 

Edited by Geedee

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

In what role though. I dont want him as assistant manager because the players have a familiar face to keep running to and nothing will change. It needs new and fresh input and hoping jos brings his own man in.

I don't disagree that we need fresh people in. What job title Lee carries imo is irrelevant, I would like him involved and being the ever present in the coaching staff. 

Not good enough Bullen!

We should have won that game 5 or 6 goals to nil.  It's just not good enough. I'm sick of his excuses. 

We've a fantastic squad of players here with all the tools required, as they've shown all season long.

With their skillful, swashbuckling attacking football Bullen should have won 9 points and got us into the 4th round draw.

He's had ten days in the job and so far hasn't managed to get them super  fit. He hasn't managed to single handedly undue the negative mental conditioning that Carlos and the other 5 instilled in the team. Hasn't managed to fix Bannan, Lee , Lees, Fernandos and Hoopers long term knocks , hasn't resolved the George Hirst situation and he hasn't managed to get us in the play offs.  Quite frankly it's disgusting and he should be shown the door at once and banned from the City.  The b*stard! 

He's ruined this club single handedly in the last week or so and it makes me sick.  He's undone all the good work we've done since Huddersfield. 

Etc etc.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not good enough Bullen!

We should have won that game 5 or 6 goals to nil.  It's just not good enough. I'm sick of his excuses. 

We've a fantastic squad of players here with all the tools required, as they've shown all season long.

With their skillful, swashbuckling attacking football Bullen should have won 9 points and got us into the 4th round draw.

He's had ten days in the job and so far hasn't managed to get them super  fit. He hasn't managed to single handedly undue the negative mental conditioning that Carlos and the other 5 instilled in the team. Hasn't managed to fix Bannan, Lee , Lees, Fernandos and Hoopers long term knocks , hasn't resolved the George Hirst situation and he hasn't managed to get us in the play offs.  Quite frankly it's disgusting and he should be shown the door at once and banned from the City.  The b*stard! 

He's ruined this club single handedly in the last week or so and it makes me sick.  He's undone all the good work we've done since Huddersfield. 

Etc etc.

I blame it on Ted Heath and that Flaming Common Market Nonsense. ...

• Haha 2

Another good thing I will say about keeping Bullen around is that I think we all have a bit of a connection with him, you can tell he really does love the club. We now have a foreign owner, foreign manager and foreign CEO. The old Wednesday seem to be gradually disappearing and I think Bullen is important to keep around. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another good thing I will say about keeping Bullen around is that I think we all have a bit of a connection with him, you can tell he really does love the club. We now have a foreign owner, foreign manager and foreign CEO. The old Wednesday seem to be gradually disappearing and I think Bullen is important to keep around. 

Just astounded how much blame seems to being attached to the man.

When Carlos was here he was derided as 'just putting the cones out'

Carlos leaves and he becomes one of the main coaching problems.

Funnily enough though,  people demanding this entire 'clear out of the old regime' don't seem to have started any threads about binning Rhodes snr.  Or Thomson. But there we go. 

Just a note on Andy Rhodes, he is an exceptional GK coach and deserves a lot of credit. 

All the keepers speak very highly of him and very rated, This Chris Kirkland has also mentioned this. 

- He he has turned Westwood into the best keeper in the division imo 

- You can see Wildsmith has come on leaps and bounds future no1 for years to come

- Cameron Dawson, another excellent prospect

He needs to stay IMO

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Funnily enough though,  people demanding this entire 'clear out of the old regime' don't seem to have started any threads about binning Rhodes snr.  Or Thomson. But there we go. 

I have months ago and got negged big time ... Ash /  Casbah the whole gang 

"Bangs head on wall"

41 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Completely agree. 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not good enough Bullen!

Etc etc.

No need for the etc etc, think you said enough

I thought LBs assessment of the game was about right tbh.  Carlisle gave us way too much time and respect in that first half so it was a shame we couldn’t take advantage, but all in all we didn’t look like a team bereft of confidence so fair play to Bully for that. Second half Carlisle showed far more ambition and although we controlled possession for much of the game, I thought it could easily have gone either way.  No real stand out performers and no disasters either.

I was quite fearful of us getting turned over today, so all in all I’m pleased for LB that we are still in the cup draw.  Hopefully the new guy can get a tune out of our squad.

• Thanks 1