The most disheartening thing

Don’t really care about the result today, although it’s definitely an annoyance to have to go through another 90 minutes of worry that another of our players will pick up an injury. For me, the most disheartening thing is that the current crop of players just don’t look as if they can be bothered most of the time. Even for a club legend like Bully, nobody could seem to muster up enough energy in any of the last 3 outings to do something.

And look, I know that most players aren’t ever really going to be as passionate and proud of the club as the fans are. But you’d think they’d take a little bit more pride in their work than they have done in the last few outings.

Dismal. Jos has a real job on his hands to sort us out. At least he’s got a nice easy start, eh?

The problem is that it doesn’t just look to be one or two players who aren’t putting the effort in. Save for a handful of players, we seem to have turned into a squad of half-hearted bottle jobs. And he can’t ship out the entire squad over the course of one January transfer window.

Hopefully he does a bit of research on the players and club and gives the players a rousing, passionate speech about how good they should be, resonsibility and effort. Without doubt our players are better than they are showing.

3 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Hopefully he does a bit of research on the players and club and gives the players a rousing, passionate speech about how good they should be, resonsibility and effort. Without doubt our players are better than they are showing.

Hope so.

We should be better than we’re playing. It’s basically the same team which got to the playoff final - I know they’re all a few years older, but their collective quality surely can’t have dropped this spectacularly. But yeah, if they can’t put a shift in for a new gaffer then there’s no hope for them at Hillsborough.

I’m hoping that is the end of the Carlos chapter. Now we have a new man in charge we can ALL wipe the slate clean and start again under the new manager, with a new opportunity. 

That means the players play to impress the new man and implement what he wants and we as fans get behind him and the club! 

Friday is a MASSIVE opportunity to make a statement and put right a lot of wrongs very quickly and get everyone pulling together and believing again! 

Come on Wednesday! 

I can imagine one or two of the players are going to get a bit of a rocket when they next meet up - which I presume is Monday, as that's his official start date. I really hope that they're soon learning that things are changing, and the (seemingly) cushy days of CC are waaay over the horizon now.

If what we've all read and been told about him is accurate, and if he is true to what he said in his interview, I can't see him standing for mediocrity and lack of commitment/effort from them, and hopefully a few strips teared off them will push them on to put on a performance on Friday.

Gerrinto 'em, Jos.

12 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

The problem is that it doesn’t just look to be one or two players who aren’t putting the effort in. Save for a handful of players, we seem to have turned into a squad of half-hearted bottle jobs. And he can’t ship out the entire squad over the course of one January transfer window.

Exactly that’s the problem, a lot of these players are on there last big contract and they don’t care anymore and it has spread through the team. It’s going to be hard to motivate them or sell them because they’re comfortable with what there on. It’s like a retirement home for older players.

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, mike312 said:

4 minutes ago, axolotl said:

I can imagine one or two of the players are going to get a bit of a rocket when they next meet up - which I presume is Monday, as that's his official start date. I really hope that they're soon learning that things are changing, and the (seemingly) cushy days of CC are waaay over the horizon now.

If what we've all read and been told about him is accurate, and if he is true to what he said in his interview, I can't see him standing for mediocrity and lack of commitment/effort from them, and hopefully a few strips teared off them will push them on to put on a performance on Friday.

Gerrinto 'em, Jos.

No way will he go in Monday all guns blazing, that would get their backs up even more.

I suggest he insists on them all eating 10 super fat German sausages and if anyone even comes close to breaking wind, he should fine them 1 weeks wages.

As a matter of interest, who in our squad do you think would be able to create the loudest fart?

My pick would be Westwood, a real thunder buster.

On the other hand...There are players who have shown us nowt yet, 

We don't know whether Carlos had favourites, some assumned it, but we don't know.

Its a new start for Abdi, Rhodes to a certain extent, Joao who had fallen out of favour...

We just have to hope the players respond to whatever tactic Luhukay takes to motivate them

Its a win/win for him on Friday...Lose? and we shrug and say its only a week in...Win?..f.ookin' lift off with all the kneejerk optimism that brings

19 minutes ago, debram said:

Simple jos will out them, if a new manager is sat watching and you cant be bothered theres no hope for them

You would like to think so, here's hoping he shakes them up and gets these lazy s@ds out of the comfort zone they are so obviously in.

18 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

You would like to think so, here's hoping he shakes them up and gets these lazy s@ds out of the comfort zone they are so obviously in.

Is it laziness though?

Lets face it, there has been a negativity about the club for a while, the fans, understandably have been impatient, you can hear it on the terraces...It affects players, some don't make the run, take the shot, risk the pass for fear of the chorus of catcalls that roll down from the stands.

Its all OK saying they should be professional about it, but human nature is different.

I think we are reaching a crossraods where the fans are sayin' "f..ook the players" and the players will reciprocate....We can play the blame game forever, but theres a chance its gonna send us spiralling to somewhere we don't really want to be

Edited by asteener1867