When was the last time

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When was the last time we appointed a manager mid-season with the initial aim of keeping us up before improving us for the next season?

I don't think it is about keeping up.

With a quick defensive impact and the attack that could be available i believe play offs is just about realistic...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

With a quick defensive impact and the attack that could be available i believe play offs is just about realistic...

To achieve this we may well need at least 2 new loans or better still a whole new back line. Carlos did not sign one outstanding defender in over 2 years, I think it's unfair to expect Jos to do it in a matter of weeks. Five clean sheets all season says it all, especially considering our negative defensive approach to so many matches.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

To achieve this we may well need at least 2 new loans or better still a whole new back line. Carlos did not sign one outstanding defender in over 2 years, I think it's unfair to expect Jos to do it in a matter of weeks. Five clean sheets all season says it all, especially considering our negative defensive approach to so many matches.

17 clean sheets in each of the last 3 seasons prior suggested the defence was fine...

1 minute ago, ramone said:

17 clean sheets in each of the last 3 seasons prior suggested the defence was fine...

Why don't we play Nigel Pearson and Mick Lyons then?

lol

One simply cannot play the same team forever and not expect it to worsen unless of course you are Alex Ferguson playing 19 year old Beckham and Giggs

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

think play offs is a bit of a stretch..give him time..get rid of the deadwood..probably need to shed about 10 players bring 4 decent ones in..and av a go next season

imo

1 minute ago, ramone said:
Just now, @owlstalk said:

lol

One simply cannot play the same team forever and not expect it to worsen unless of course you are Alex Ferguson playing 19 year old Beckham and Giggs

Totally agree. Loovens is now slower and needs to be replaced whilst Lees has been largely disappointing this season. Van Aken is not reliable and I have still to be convinced by Venancio who is in no way a commanding CB. Neither have we a solid defensive FB IMO.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Beckham and giggs in defence wouldn't work

16 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

By the thinnest f threads but who knows, next Friday will answer the question

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

This. There should always be room for improvement if a team doesn’t achieve its goals. We wanted promotion twice. Had very good seasons but ultimately failed to gain promotion. Therefore, the team needs improving as teams around will not be standing still.

29 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

No expectations but just don't think we should  be writing the season off by seeing it as survival...

Edited by slinger208b

47 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

10 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

No expectations but just don't think we should  be writing the season off by seeing it as survival...

I 'll have whatever you are on mate - I'm all for optimism hence the avatar  but unless the 'injured 11' all suddenly cast off their zimmers and prove they were in the treatment room hiding we just haven't the bodies able to produce over 2pt a game