OFFICIAL - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE NEW MANAGER

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Watched a few clips a couple of his teams, and the common factor is they are full of pace and power. Im expecting a similar set up at Wednesday after a couple of transfer windows.  

Think it will be summer before we see a massive change, but sure he will get more from the cards he's dealt at present

I thinks our new leader will like big Dave in the short term, unfair criticism from some fans...he ain't Ronaldo. This last 18mths under CC has foooked him up.

Play to win he will do okayish,(comparatively speaking) he will drop bollloxx no doubt. But I agree he looks a liability on his own, hopefully he will get help up front.

His attitude is bang on, if some of our better players had his attitude we would be in the top 6.

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The wonders of Owlstalk. 

He’s gone from a bloke we didn’t want, to give him time, to a potential world beater in the space of one day and one interview.

Fingers crossed the overall mood is right - Irvine and Turner gave positive fighting first interviews as I’m sure did Paul Jewell and Tricky Trev promised he wouldn’t rest until he brought the League title to Hillsborough. He must be knackered. 

People expressing caution or potential reservations will soon be being jumped on again. I’m neither a glass half full nor empty person. I simply have a glass with some stuff in it.

On the plus side he’s taken some sides up in Germany - what matters is the circumstances. I don’t think Benitez warrants much praise for taking Newcastle up for example. Having said that he’s done it more than once.

i also like the sound of him taking no poo an awful lot. It’s not easy in the modern game to wield the big stick- hopefully he’s found a way to do it successfully with players who are sometimes happy to sit tight and comfortably on big contracts. 

Short term the team needs sorting out and made solid which sounds like he can do.

The only things nagging away are, firstly, the usual doubts about new appointments.  Most coaches fail and what are the odds  a man in a new country who has been unemployed for a fair while will buck that trend? I think we need to give him time to halt a frightening free fall.

My biggest fear though is the style of football. He isn’t one of the new breed of exciting go ahead German coaches. I would love us to have signed a Klopp style bloke playing progressive football. We seem to have found a German George Graham - albeit one who has operated at a lower level - and I am sick of paying thousands of pounds to be bored.   

Like the CEO appointment I am hoping Chansiri has identified someone who can change their spots. 

Jeez if you aren't glass half empty I'd hate to meet somebody who is.

Regarding appointment I'd never heard of him but if he had the same record in the Championship we would all be raving about him(Well maybe not you) so very happy but like anybody new to any job there's a risk involved.

UTO 

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Regarding appointment I'd never heard of him but if he had the same record in the Championship we would all be raving about him(Well maybe not you) so very happy but like anybody new to any job there's a risk involved.

UTO 

Until he get's his box back at 1998 prices the club will always be wrong...I thought you'd sussed that out by now lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eddyowl123 said:

The immediate challenge Jos will have is rallying a group of players who largely seem to be unfit and who have looked increasingly less bothered about their performances all season (with a few notable exceptions). Throw our injuries list into the mix, and I’d say he’s got a tough five months ahead of him.

Once Bully’s last stand is over, I’ll be backing Jos 100%. Welcome to Hillsborough.

This^.

I don't know how we've managed to decline so rapidly but anyone can see the basic things that need addressing

1. We are not fit.

2. We don't  battle for the second or lost ball

3. We don't shoot enough.

4. We don't fight from the first minute to the last.

These things should be automatic and the bare minimum but somehow we've lost them.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

UTO 

I just see things with clarity. I don’t know enough about Bundesliga 2 to rave about it. I know enough about the Championship to see Wagner did an amazing job, Benitez did enough - even though Benitez won the league and enough is of course well enough.

When a glass is half full it is also by definition half empty.

I am actually easy to please. From a football point of view firstly try and secondly don’t bore me. Literally that’s it. I didn’t join the chorus who thought Carlos’s should go until right at the end even though he’d bored me senseless for about 15 months.

Bullen says the new bloke wants to play attacking football - his dour stuff may have been down to the players he had. If that’s the case happy days are ahead. 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Until he get's his box back at 1998 prices the club will always be wrong...I thought you'd sussed that out by now lol 

Actually for tickets I’d take the modern equivalent of the mid 80s prices. That would mean adjusted for inflation you could get a ticket for under a tenner to see a promotion winning team.

:carlos:

17 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Born in Venlo, Netherlands, the former midfielder signed for hometown club VVV-Venlo as a 15-year-old in 1989.

....that doesn’t add up if he’s 54 now...

........Bloody lies already!!

You told me you were 21 lol 

Welcome Jos to our wonderful football club.A club of tradition, a club of history and a club that enjoys a very large and loyal fan base.A fan base deprived of much success over the last 20 years ,who ,quite frankly, deserve better, something I think you will soon realise now you are officially one of us.

I wish you every success and hope you can become a legend in our" future  history".

To all my fellow Owls, let's be patient, as we are all acutely aware that there is much to be sorted out,let's give Jos and the boys our full backing and hope that the footballing god's decide that it's our turn for some happy memorable times ahead.

UTO

WAWAW