I finally cracked....

25 minutes ago, East coast owl said:

Been ill advised in transfers. And Carlos not playing players we had brought in. No one was saying the chairman was incompetent season 1.  the commercial side hasn’t been good. But when ever has it been.. so that’s all he has got wrong. And he has wasted his money. No football team makes loads of money. Unless it’s tv money. So I still stand by naive. Not incompetent 

He’s had 3 years at the helm. We are past naive.

No one was complaining in the first season because we simply hadn’t made the endless blunders which he has now.

He takes the credit when things go well and he gets things right, he also has to take the flack when things go wrong. 

The money invested in the long term future of the club probably equates to 6 months of Urbys wages. Not counting the pitch and scoreboard which I give him full credit for.

The commercial and marketing side of the club I would say is in a worse state than the MM era. 

He has has wasted an absolute fortune, a ridiculous amount of money. 

The re-branding of the club, shirts and tat on offer, traditions and annerversaries, players in and lack of out. Contracts and wages. The last 2 years off the pitch have been a complete embarrassment.

I’m prepared to give every idea and change a chance but these failings are now becoming a regular fixture 

Edited by Mac_77

Guest Jack the Hat

Like so many others I would like to say what a great post it was. But I can't because it was a bit long for me so I didn't read it. Judging by the green arrows must have been a belter. Welcome aboard.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Good post. Dont worry about the cult of Megson . they like to live in the past . 

I can't think of anything better at least the romance of football was still alive and kicking and still had a soul.

Better than today were the romance has been exterminated by money and unsocial media. 

Bring garymegson back, preferably in midfield.

1 minute ago, Mac_77 said:

He’s had 3 years at the helm. We are past naive.

No one was complaining in the first season because we simply hadn’t made the endless blunders which he has now.

He takes the credit when things go well and he gets things right, he also has to take the flack when things go wrong. 

The money invested in the long term future of the club probably equates to 6 months of Urbys wages. Not counting the pitch and scoreboard which I give him full credit for.

The commercial and marketing side of the club I would say is in a worse state than the MM era. 

He has has wasted an absolute fortune, a ridiculous amount of money. 

Every chairman we have ever had has made blunders.. can’t please all the people all the time. And players wages is where it’s been wastefull.  Ruby and others.. And that’s down to him being ill advised. Now he has a ceo. But that’s not good enough. The manger isn’t what everyone wants ect.  Yh he has made mistakes. But the harshness in some of the posts is shocking.. like I said it’s his money he has wasted. Not yours or mine. We are a work in progress. Instead of winding up orders and no investment at all.. 

5 hours ago, JC_owl66 said:

After enjoying Owlstalk for a long time for the insight on club goings on, transfer speculation, matchday banter ... but then seen it taken over by trolls, doomsday merchants and Megson cult followers I couldn't keep off and finally signed up so i can throw in my 2'penneth.

I have supported the owls from wilko's days , i have seen dark days of relegation -to the highs of promotion and league cup wins - to the lows of league one and winding up orders, back to stability from Mandaric and investment from Chansiri.

Aside from the halcyon days of the 90's with Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle et al, I would say the last 3-4 years under Mandaric/Chansari and managers of Gray and then Carlos have been the best.

I just don't get all this negativity against a Chairman who has come in and really invested in the club. I think Mandaric really did understand and 'get' football and whats its all about. He did really well selling that concept to an investor like Chansiri who has came in with a lot of excitement and backed it up with investment on and off the pitch - we only have to cast our mind back to watching hoof ball on worst pitch in the league with Megson to see the improvement.

On the management side, i am not sad to see Carlos go this year, i still think he is a chancer who never knew his best side or how to  adapt to play them  I don't know who was controlling the input signing of players, if this was overseen solely by Doyen, but i think that was huge mistake in Chansari early days to sanction the loan or signatures of so many peripheral/unproven/injured players - and not even play half of them... just baffling and almost criminal waste of money. 

From the chairman side, sure mistakes have been made,  I believe more from naivety than any sinister intent . I am sure he is learning now that he has to be more savvy and the addition of a CEO should help manage the club from that respect, on the pitch - hopefully sorted soon

- but I am sure that waves of negativity on social media don't help, I am bewildered someone ask refunds on season ticket ..., I would encourage everyone to take a quick reality check before hammering a chairman who has invested so much in the club for zero return. I am not saying we have to accept everything but just take a look at other teams right now who are struggling to find buyers and investors (Newcastle..), or those that have tried and failed and gone again (like Wolves).. or just gone downwards (Brum, Sunderland..)

Football is a rollercoaster, lets enjoy it and be happy we have a Chairman who is investing in us with a great squad - probably the best for 20 years.

When we start to get them back on the pitch, with a decent football manager I am sure we will return back to being a stable Championship club with 'lofty' ambitions - UTO !

A great perceptive piece Jesus or Jeremy or whoever you are compassion and understanding in perfect harmony. lol

• Thanks 1

To be honest mate I will give every change Chansiri makes a chance.

The CEO and new manager included.

You cannot defend the way he has wasted money on near every aspect from player recruitment to commercial side of the club on “Ill advise”

He signs the cheques

42 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

Damage how?

i don’t get the negativity 

Continues making poor appointments, continues making changes to club identity, continues spending way over the odds for players, continues with his pricing philosophy, continues throwing toys out of the pram - he's done all of the above for three years without learning from any of them - and i'm not sure why anyone still has faith he will start learning now. 

If he keeps doing the aforementioned, what position will we be in next year? Two years?

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Continues making poor appointments, continues making changes to club identity, continues spending way over the odds for players, continues with his pricing philosophy, continues throwing toys out of the pram - he's done all of the above for three years without learning from any of them - and i'm not sure why anyone still has faith he will start learning now. 

If he keeps doing the aforementioned, what position will we be in next year? Two years?

I agree 

Stubborn & Inexperience 

Not naivety 

30 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

The clubs identity has changed the last 20 years. The owl has been changed 3 times and stripes have come in varied assortments in that time. So taking our club identity is way off the mark. He has made mistakes.. at least he was prepared to pump his money in. And now it’s not going so well. We have no identity. We have no money. We are going bust. He is incompetent ect ect.  At least he hasn’t changed the kit to red like the Cardiff owners did.. that’s loosing your identity 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I have had business dealings with the club and believe me he is a very shrewd operator. With quality, service and price (in that order) taken into consideration. 

Were you flogging shirts? 

Watches? 

I don't doubt your account but to me the evidence is that the commercial side is a farce 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

The voice of the silent majority speaks up. And it's a huge majority...not that you'drealise that if you came on here for the first time.

If the silent majority speak up they aren't the silent majority. Just saying.

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, JC_owl66 said:

Damage how?

i don’t get the negativity 

Wasting your time mate. Some will be happy to be 50 million in debt to the bank, stuck in division 2, relying on loan players, 10,000 gates, but at least we will have stripes. 

We have a wealthy owner who bank roles the clubs debt without any loans from banks. (fact) 

He has spent money on players that we could only have dreamed of 10 years ago (although not all have been a success), Hindsight is a wonderful thing. (fact) 

Ticket prices are high, but our attendances are the highest they have been since the nineties, so DC has been proved right (fact). 

Shirt sales have produced record income in last 2 years so again DC has been proved right. Even though it was a farce regarding supply, cannot fault him for trying to save money and he has sorted future supply. (fact) 

The corporate side has been a disaster for years and was losing money. Even though it needs improvement at least it isn't losing money anymore. (fact). 

Put things in prospective please, 

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, George said:

Were you flogging shirts? 

Watches? 

I don't doubt your account but to me the evidence is that the commercial side is a farce 

That's the retail side mate, nothing to do with me. 

Though now sorted, club has record shirt sales so he must have sorted that issue

Yes all chairman make mistakes but when it becomes the norm you have to expect a some criticism.

Its football people go OTT after a win and do same after a loss.

Cant shake feeling with a bit more thought Chansiri could have done twice as much with spending half as much money.

And I do agree with those who say we have lost some of the clubs identity.

Getting rid of the stripes really does grate along with amount of times you see his name on a matchday.