Jump to content
JC_owl66

I finally cracked....

Recommended Posts

Just now, jellybean said:

I've been asking how to do them for three years and only just got told and this guy walks in spelling things reyt and gets keys t' city.....I'm off :ghoulguy:

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 14.34.57.jpg



It's the smiley button thing up at the top of your post when you post


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 14.34.57.jpg



It's the smiley button thing up at the top of your post when you post

*shakes head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

 

If hes even into us for lets say 80m who is going to pay that for us seriously 

 

If were better off without him whats plan B 

 

This really is a case of be careful what you wish for 

Exactly right

 

Our new CEO doesn't come with any great kudos from Charlton, but what i do think it shows is that Chansiri is learning in bringing in someone to run the club business rather than have all report to him. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JC_owl66 said:

2 things  on Megson -

Keith Hill comment after the Rochdale game that Megson tactics made Stoke look like Barcelona....

 

secondly, my sons first game was owls vs Leyton Orient and he commented 'Daddy I didn't know you had to head the ball so much to be a footballer' 

 

nuff said

Who is Keith Hill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

Who is Keith Hill?

Manager of Rochdale, been at Barnsley and failed - loves a one liner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I don't think anyone has doubted Chansiri's honest intentions, he's clearly a man who has invested not only a lot of money into the club, but time and passion in order to leave a real legacy in place when he hands the reigns to Att. 

 

But i'm now at the point where I no longer think he's fit or competent to run the club.

 

It's not the fact that he has wasted copious amounts of money - he has, and to the point that there are real concerns regarding FFP and more importantly our club finances generally - it is the fact that he has made so many bad mistakes and decisions over three years without learning from them 

 

The last straw was the appointment of Katrien Meire. To search high and low for the right CEO and then appoint her says to me that he isn't going to change. 

 

I hope i'm wrong, and I've hoped it worked for him, but it hasn't, and I don't think it will

The only real money he can be acused of wasting is on players, but you cannot guarantee success on the pitch no matter what is spent. In reality this could have gone either way and we could be saying he had spent wisely after promotion. 

Can I ask where you think he has wasted money in other areas of the club?

 

FFP does not mean you are financially in trouble, it means you are not allowed to spend any more to protect the club. DC has stated numerous times that it is restricting him from investing the amount of money he would like to. If he can prove he has the money to invest, and he isn't borrowing he should be allowed. I also look at it from a positive point that for us to be anywhere near FFP means we have given it a go for promotion. 

 

Regarding the new CEO, give her a chance before hanging her out to dry. 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

Manager of Rochdale, been at Barnsley and failed - loves a one liner

Ta...won't be taking any notice of a manager who has failed at Barnsley then especially one who thinks he is a comedian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Ta...won't be taking any notice of a manager who has failed at Barnsley then especially one who thinks he is a comedian.

Don't be so quick to judge.. I was at that game and it was sheeiite, he also is pretty funny when he's not being a k nob

 

 Keith Hill Quotes. You can compare us at the moment to a bit of soft muck, there is an awful lot of foreplay and not a lot going on in the box ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are getting mixed up with investing and spending.

 

He has spent a lot for short term success 

 

He hasn’t invested much in long term apart from the pitch and scoreboard.

 

Where has money been spent (including players) where we might turn around in 5 years and see the benefits? 

 

The proper foundations haven’t been laid to compete properly in the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I don't think anyone has doubted Chansiri's honest intentions, he's clearly a man who has invested not only a lot of money into the club, but time and passion in order to leave a real legacy in place when he hands the reigns to Att. 

 

But i'm now at the point where I no longer think he's fit or competent to run the club.

 

It's not the fact that he has wasted copious amounts of money - he has, and to the point that there are real concerns regarding FFP and more importantly our club finances generally - it is the fact that he has made so many bad mistakes and decisions over three years without learning from them 

 

The last straw was the appointment of Katrien Meire. To search high and low for the right CEO and then appoint her says to me that he isn't going to change. 

 

I hope i'm wrong, and I've hoped it worked for him, but it hasn't, and I don't think it will. 

 

No hatred, no agenda, and nothing personal - I just think we'd be better off without him. 

 

I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke at all but really don't think him or people who advising him have a feel at all for Sheffield Wednesday, football or the local area. This has led to the many mistakes happening, not just 1 or 2 but a whole series of them.

If the club makes as many mistakes over next 18 months it has since the Play off final game the club will be not far off being the next Blackburn.
Have to admit I am more hopeful then confident Chansiri has learned from the mistakes.
The problem with Chansiri moving on is there are very few people with £100m spare to invest in a mid table Championship club.

I think the club needed a CEO but not sure if the lady from Charlton would have been my choice. But she is here now so you have to give her the benefit of the doubt I feel. Same with the new coach as well.
But if these appointments go badly think it might be a tipping point for a lot of fans to lose faith in Chansiri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JC_owl66 said:

After enjoying Owlstalk for a long time for the insight on club goings on, transfer speculation, matchday banter ... but then seen it taken over by trolls, doomsday merchants and Megson cult followers I couldn't keep off and finally signed up so i can throw in my 2'penneth.

 

I have supported the owls from wilko's days , i have seen dark days of relegation -to the highs of promotion and league cup wins - to the lows of league one and winding up orders, back to stability from Mandaric and investment from Chansiri.

 

Aside from the halcyon days of the 90's with Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle et al, I would say the last 3-4 years under Mandaric/Chansari and managers of Gray and then Carlos have been the best.

 

I just don't get all this negativity against a Chairman who has come in and really invested in the club. I think Mandaric really did understand and 'get' football and whats its all about. He did really well selling that concept to an investor like Chansiri who has came in with a lot of excitement and backed it up with investment on and off the pitch - we only have to cast our mind back to watching hoof ball on worst pitch in the league with Megson to see the improvement.

 

On the management side, i am not sad to see Carlos go this year, i still think he is a chancer who never knew his best side or how to  adapt to play them  I don't know who was controlling the input signing of players, if this was overseen solely by Doyen, but i think that was huge mistake in Chansari early days to sanction the loan or signatures of so many peripheral/unproven/injured players - and not even play half of them... just baffling and almost criminal waste of money. 

 

From the chairman side, sure mistakes have been made,  I believe more from naivety than any sinister intent . I am sure he is learning now that he has to be more savvy and the addition of a CEO should help manage the club from that respect, on the pitch - hopefully sorted soon

 

- but I am sure that waves of negativity on social media don't help, I am bewildered someone ask refunds on season ticket ..., I would encourage everyone to take a quick reality check before hammering a chairman who has invested so much in the club for zero return. I am not saying we have to accept everything but just take a look at other teams right now who are struggling to find buyers and investors (Newcastle..), or those that have tried and failed and gone again (like Wolves).. or just gone downwards (Brum, Sunderland..)

 

Football is a rollercoaster, lets enjoy it and be happy we have a Chairman who is investing in us with a great squad - probably the best for 20 years.

 

When we start to get them back on the pitch, with a decent football manager I am sure we will return back to being a stable Championship club with 'lofty' ambitions - UTO !

 

 

 

 

Jesus Christ, when did you register? I registered about 6 months ago- kept checking but was constantly pending. I deleted it, remade it and that worked. Only took another 2 months from then. When I first tried to register I had a bit more optimism in wanting to post. I’ve kept checking skybet Odds since Carlos departed, now it’s showing “event started” and not showing any managers or odds. Wonder it’s its confirmed yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

Don't be so quick to judge.. I was at that game and it was sheeiite, he also is pretty funny when he's not being a k nob

 

 Keith Hill Quotes. You can compare us at the moment to a bit of soft muck, there is an awful lot of foreplay and not a lot going on in the box ...

Is that him being funny or being a k nob?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

People are getting mixed up with investing and spending.

 

He has spent a lot for short term success 

 

He hasn’t invested much in long term apart from the pitch and scoreboard.

 

Where has money been spent (including players) where we might turn around in 5 years and see the benefits? 

 

The proper foundations haven’t been laid to compete properly in the Premiership.

Improvements to the ground even small things so we get sag off our backs. And better Training facilities.  Better pitches.  that’s setting the foundations. Hence why our academy’s are doing well in their leagues. He has been naive. But wouldn’t say incompetent 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

People are getting mixed up with investing and spending.

 

He has spent a lot for short term success 

 

He hasn’t invested much in long term apart from the pitch and scoreboard.

 

Where has money been spent (including players) where we might turn around in 5 years and see the benefits? 

 

The proper foundations haven’t been laid to compete properly in the Premiership.

I would disagree, he also bought the club from Milan - a huge investment - plus the improvements you mentioned which he didn't necessarily have to do..

 

I am sure there are a lot more of off field investments that we aren't privy to either

 

We nearly made it in year 1 and I am sure everyone would have accepted a year in the premier league even if we weren't ready - I am not sure any team outside the big six have foundations to compete in the premiership, its about survival.

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyable read keep that up you'll get invited to join Owlstalk 2 its very similar to owlstalk but you don't get the cretins replying..

The secret of Owlstalk 2 is no one talks about owlstalk 2 :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, East coast owl said:

Improvements to the ground even small things so we get sag off our backs. And better Training facilities.  Better pitches.  that’s setting the foundations. Hence why our academy’s are doing well in their leagues. He has been naive. But wouldn’t say incompetent 

 

On the commercial, marketing, and player recruitment side of things he has been incompetent. Naive would be kind.

 

The money wasted on that obliterates any long term spending plans.

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dronowl66 said:

 

If hes even into us for lets say 80m who is going to pay that for us seriously 

 

If were better off without him whats plan B 

 

This really is a case of be careful what you wish for 

Same could be said for if he stays and causes even more damage

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I don't think anyone has doubted Chansiri's honest intentions, he's clearly a man who has invested not only a lot of money into the club, but time and passion in order to leave a real legacy in place when he hands the reigns to Att. 

 

But i'm now at the point where I no longer think he's fit or competent to run the club.

 

It's not the fact that he has wasted copious amounts of money - he has, and to the point that there are real concerns regarding FFP and more importantly our club finances generally - it is the fact that he has made so many bad mistakes and decisions over three years without learning from them 

 

The last straw was the appointment of That lady. To search high and low for the right CEO and then appoint her says to me that he isn't going to change. 

 

I hope i'm wrong, and I've hoped it worked for him, but it hasn't, and I don't think it will. 

 

No hatred, no agenda, and nothing personal - I just think we'd be better off without him. 

I'd sooner have a honest passionate owner that makes honest mistakes rather than one that just doesn't care.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

 

On the commercial, marketing, and player recruitment side of things he has been incompetent. Naive would be kind.

 

The money wasted on that obliterates any long term spending plans.

 

 

 

 

Been ill advised in transfers. And Carlos not playing players we had brought in. No one was saying the chairman was incompetent season 1.  the commercial side hasn’t been good. But when ever has it been.. so that’s all he has got wrong. And he has wasted his money. No football team makes loads of money. Unless it’s tv money. So I still stand by naive. Not incompetent 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Same could be said for if he stays and causes even more damage

Damage how?

 

i don’t get the negativity 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...