Info from Germany

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

He managed his favourite team but can’t tell us anything about his tactics or style of play?

Thanks for sharing but it pretty much just repeats what we’ve all read on Wikipedia! 

I saw every home game under Carvalhal and the best part of that was spent wondering what the hell was supposed to be happening! 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Be interesting to know what state MBG were in when he was relegated with them.

To get them up afterwards is no mean feat.

2 Bundesliga is fairly easy to get out of. Half the league are quite a low standard and flip flop between the lower leagues. The top few clubs tend to be the giants that get relegated then go up again fairly quickly.

I’m a Dynamo Dresden fan (2nd club), and in all honesty Dynamo are a 2 Bundesliga club but are nowhere near the likes of Hertha who he took up following their relegation, them having been UEFA Cup regulars before their relegation. There is a huge gulf, the likes of Dynamo getting into the UEFA Cup in comparison is dreamworld stuff.

He basically takes the equivalent of Spurs, Newcastle etc when they fall on a poor spell and takes them back up, doesn’t pull up any trees when he’s with a team in Bundesliga then goes back to a club in 2 Bundesliga and repeats the process.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Will69 said:

2 Bundesliga is fairly easy to get out of. Half the league are quite a low standard and flip flop between the lower leagues. The top few clubs tend to be the giants that get relegated then go up again fairly quickly.

I’m a Dynamo Dresden fan (2nd club), and in all honesty Dynamo are a 2 Bundesliga club but are nowhere near the likes of Hertha who he took up following their relegation, them having been UEFA Cup regulars before their relegation. There is a huge gulf, the likes of Dynamo getting into the UEFA Cup in comparison is dreamworld stuff.

He basically takes the equivalent of Spurs, Newcastle etc when they fall on a poor spell and takes them back up, doesn’t pull up any trees when he’s with a team in Bundesliga then goes back to a club in 2 Bundesliga and repeats the process.

Thanks - interesting overview.

Whit regards to your last paragraph, that’s good enough for me..getting to the Prem is Step 1.

DC then needs to decide what he does after that as the metrics we have operated in for so long will change.

At present, the main issue here outside of English league experience is time ..it’s short, the legacy from DC’s misplaced loyalty to Carlos.

I just hope the new man get the backing needed to get things moving and quickly..getting away from the drop zone is an absolute must. 

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, southportdc said:

This is the worst thing the Germans ever did. 

Course it isnt...you ready...?

They bombed our chip shop !!!!

9 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Course it isnt...you ready...?

They bombed our chip shop !!!!

Back in the Forties the world it went mad,

and Hitler he threw at us all that he had.

When the smoke and the dust had all cleared from the air, 

My old man," Thank God the Boozers still here!"