Info from Germany

Below is what one of my German colleagues sent me this morning.

Good morning Chris,

A happy New Year and all the best for 2018 - and congratulations to the new Wednesday manager Jos Luhukay… ;-) 

He is dutch and managed a few clubs in the Bundesliga / 2nd Bundesliga in the past, see his track record attached ("Spiele" stands total matches for the club, "G" stands for wins, "U" for draws and "V" for losses)

Luhukay managed my favorite team Borussia Mönchengladbach from 2007 to 2009, starting as the assistant manager of Jupp Heynckes (manager Bayern Munich).

He relegated from the Bundesliga in the first season (ranked last!), but promoted one season later again to the Bundesliga with Gladbach.

Aftwards he also promoted with Augsburg and Hertha BSC Berlin from the 2nd Bundesliga to the Bundesliga, so he is well known in the Bundesliga.

I think there were some rumors in December that he will be the new manager of 1.FC Köln (Cologne, currently last ranked in the Bundesliga), but it seems that he finally decided to join Sheffield.

Couldn't tell you more about his tactics or his mangement style, but he obviously seems to know how to manage teams to promote to higher leagues.

Good luck for your team and cheers from Raunheim,

Torsten

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

Good morning Chris,

A happy New Year and all the best for 2018 - and congratulations to the new Wednesday manager Jos Luhukay… ;-) 

He is dutch and managed a few clubs in the Bundesliga / 2nd Bundesliga in the past, see his track record attached ("Spiele" stands total matches for the club, "G" stands for wins, "U" for draws and "V" for losses)

Luhukay managed my favorite team Borussia Mönchengladbach from 2007 to 2009, starting as the assistant manager of Jupp Heynckes (manager Bayern Munich).

He relegated from the Bundesliga in the first season (ranked last!), but promoted one season later again to the Bundesliga with Gladbach.

Aftwards he also promoted with Augsburg and Hertha BSC Berlin from the 2nd Bundesliga to the Bundesliga, so he is well known in the Bundesliga.

I think there were some rumors in December that he will be the new manager of 1.FC Köln (Cologne, currently last ranked in the Bundesliga), but it seems that he finally decided to join Sheffield.

Couldn't tell you more about his tactics or his mangement style, but he obviously seems to know how to manage teams to promote to higher leagues.

Torsten

He calls us Sheffield. How very dare he................get him de-friended.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Be interesting to know what state MBG were in when he was relegated with them.

To get them up afterwards is no mean feat.

They were already bottom when he took over in the later half of the season 

• Thanks 1

Someone might have already posted this.. But just incase its not.. 

ESPN reporter...  

On Jos Luhukay
"I don't like laziness" - Jos is a disciplinarian and considered a canny tactician
Along with three promotions, also got Augsburg to playoffs.
On the face of it, pretty sound record. That relegation at Gladbach can be explained as he took over a poor side during winter break. I am surprised he has been out of work for so long (Sept 2016)
Worth pointing out too that Jos Luhukay has managed clubs with big attendances -- Hertha Berlin averaged 40k, Gladbach have a capacity of 54k. Don't be fooled into thinking he managed "little clubs" - Augsburg also averaged 30k. #swfc

Edited by bradowl

42 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Good morning Chris,

Torsten

Tell your friend.......thanks for nothing. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Good morning Chris,

Torsten

You would think that V would stand for Vin lol 

28 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

He managed his favourite team but can’t tell us anything about his tactics or style of play?

Thanks for sharing but it pretty much just repeats what we’ve all read on Wikipedia! 

Yes I thought that , bit worried by his rumoured style of play tbh 

43 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Someone might have already posted this.. But just incase its not.. 

ESPN reporter...  

On Jos Luhukay
"I don't like laziness" - Jos is a disciplinarian and considered a canny tactician
Along with three promotions, also got Augsburg to playoffs.
On the face of it, pretty sound record. That relegation at Gladbach can be explained as he took over a poor side during winter break. I am surprised he has been out of work for so long (Sept 2016)
Worth pointing out too that Jos Luhukay has managed clubs with big attendances -- Hertha Berlin averaged 40k, Gladbach have a capacity of 54k. Don't be fooled into thinking he managed "little clubs" - Augsburg also averaged 30k. #swfc

Get him in.

If he doesn’t like lazy players that can only be a positive as we’d never see Wallace and Fletcher again.