Sven Goran Eriksson has applied for Sheffield Wednesday manager's job

For what it's worth Ive just had a few quid on Sven @28/1. He is very much in the running. My source has been spot over the years on a few occasions , also got a few wrong too. He told me Walter Smith was not going to be joining when he was a stronger favourite than this bloke is. He first told me back in the 90's we were signing Wayne Collins from Crewe, when everyone and their granny were saying it would be striker Mark Rivers. So for the sake of a price of a pint I think 28's is a decent shout

3 minutes ago, Owl Capone said:

For what it's worth Ive just had a few quid on Sven @28/1. He is very much in the running. My source has been spot over the years on a few occasions , also got a few wrong too. He told me Walter Smith was not going to be joining when he was a stronger favourite than this bloke is. He first told me back in the 90's we were signing Wayne Collins from Crewe, when everyone and their granny were saying it would be striker Mark Rivers. So for the sake of a price of a pint I think 28's is a decent shout

So he gets one right every decade or so lol 

On 05/01/2018 at 20:47, tarn owl said:
1977–1978 Degerfors IF
1979–1982 IFK Göteborg
1982–1984 Benfica
1984–1987 Roma
1987–1989 Fiorentina
1989–1992 Benfica
1992–1997 Sampdoria
1997–2001 Lazio
2001–2006 England
2007–2008 Manchester City
2008–2009 Mexico
2010 Ivory Coast
2010–2011 Leicester City
2013–2014 Guangzhou R&F
2014–2016 Shanghai SIPG
2016–2017

Shenzhen FC

Anything to get out of China! 

On 05/01/2018 at 20:42, Athelwulf said:

Aye, Sven - who's managed some of the top players in the world, not to mention big European clubs - ain't good enough for an ailing second-tier English side which hasn't played top-level football for almost two decades.

Jos who?

All right. 

sven-goran-eriksson-a3-size.png

Has he done his badges though?? lol 

• Haha 1

This Is the second old thread to bamboozle me now. First I though Neil mellor had been interviewed for the Wednesday job then i think sven is back for a second pop at getting the job. We've got enough on our plates reading all the new manager threads leave these old ones in the archives never to hurt our eyes again. Ffs.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, eccentric owl said:

This Is the second old thread to bamboozle me now. First I though Neil mellor had been interviewed for the Wednesday job then i think sven is back for a second pop at getting the job. We've got enough on our plates reading all the new manager threads leave these old ones in the archives never to hurt our eyes again. Ffs.

Also had me fooled. Haha.

Owstalk bumping threads like

source.gif

• Haha 2