Dale Johnson (ESPN) on Jos Luhukay and his tactics

15 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Come’th the man to sort out our overpaid underworked unfit mincers. If he can achieve a result at the stain in a week and get us a mid-table finish this season then the bloke willl be a legend IMO

I’ll second that but all this stuff being bandied round at the moment is pure conjecture let’s see how he gets us playing when all are fit.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

JOS IS THE MAN

It's time we had a bit of luhukay

Carlos always used to say in press conferences we didn't' have the luhukay during matches

How ironic that he got the boot for Luhukay to take his place

lol

Carlos didn't get the boot, please keep to the facts.

Not that it matters anymore.

13 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

IF the Guy comes he has my sympathy.

He'll be taking on :-

A squad of supposed first teamers who are either long term sick or injured.

A squad of unfit players -we know that but won't admit it.

A fan-base divided among itself.

A fan-base divided as to his suitability for the job.

Life s not going to be a bed of roses for anyone taking over this club,playing-wise.  

And forget this tosh about knowing the Championship. It's a Football League, nothing more. It has the exception that, unlike the Premiership, its first five or six are not always the same clubs.  And why this sudden downplaying of European football. Forgive me , but haven't Germany (and Holland for that matter) out-performed England since 1966?  

Will be very interesting to see if he comments about the fitness levels. I'm not convinced about this and think it could be a combination of old players and too many injuries.

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I’ll second that but all this stuff being bandied round at the moment is pure conjecture let’s see how he gets us playing when all are fit.

When all are fit has to be the main focus on his credentials I think. 

1 hour ago, mike312 said:

Let's be honest our defence needs sorting. If his first priority is sorting that out, hopefully bringing players in, that's fine by me. Good luck to him.

It’s not been great but isn’t the main priority imo

The midfield/flanks have been feeble and not protected the back properly or supported the front men.

..get this sorted and the defense will improve as the pressure eases. 

10 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Interesting this talk of dour football. Didn't Gray get the sack because DC didn't like the style of football, hence the appointment of Carlos who promised attacking football. Maybe the Chairman's changed his philosophy as much as Carlos did or maybe he sees this approach as the best to avoid relegation. 

I hope not. I’m am sick of being bored. If it’s just about scraping a 1-0 win and playing like Portugal in the Euros I could stay at home, watch teletext and save myself the £1000 two season tickets costs me.

I think Chansiri’s aim to play attacking football is 100% right. It doesn’t have to be stylish - Wilko up and at ‘em with commitment, directness and goalmouth action would be fine. Going 1-0 up and then sitting back I have had enough of.  You can be solid without being dour. 

Come on Jos - you can do it. 

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Best post for months !!!! Can't believe people think the above 3 could play that role. Hunt is a barely adequate right back as is Fox. Palmer offers more, but again no wing back.

Palmer offers more?  Sorry mate but that's laughable!  Hunt aint brilliant but he's a MILLION times better than Palmer!

12 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

There's no might about it. If we want to play with wingbacks then the likes of Hunt, Palmer and Fox just aren't good enough.

Rubbish.

Hunt is everything a wing back should be, can get up and down, can defend when needed and decent enough going forward.

You are on another planet if you think there is a better right wing back in the Championship.

Now if we are playing wing backs then Adam Reach would be my mine on the left. Fox and Pudil don't have the mobility.

Finally, it says he prefers 4-2-3-1, where did the wing back discussion come from?

Edited by Sgt Wednesday
  • Haha 1

The new boss gets my vote.

Having listened to the interview on the website I’m come to one conclusion.

He’s not here to make friends, be media savvy or try to be likeable as Carlos was in his early days, probably why Sky Sports loved talking to him after games. 

He’s here to do a job, it’s as simple as that.

I wish him all the best, as should every Wednesday fan. 

• Like 1