Dale Johnson (ESPN) on Jos Luhukay and his tactics

Of course will be given a fair chance but I'm still baffled by the impending appointment. Feel we where crying out for someone that knows the league. Not so keen on reading about his lack of attractive football but I do like that it says he is a disciplinarian and doesn't like laziness. Our players really do need a kick up the arse and I hope he can do that. 

Back to basics could be good for us. 

First season we had attractive football that paid off, second season it didn't work and this season, well... :carlos:

With all the injuries, I don't think we have a squad capable of playing like that so I'll happily take some scrappy 1-0's over another 3-0 to Burton 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Of course will be given a fair chance but I'm still baffled by the impending appointment. Feel we where crying out for someone that knows the league. Not so keen on reading about his lack of attractive football but I do like that it says he is a disciplinarian and doesn't like laziness. Our players really do need a kick up the arse and I hope he can do that. 

As long as he knows football then the location is a secondary issue imo. He has worked at big clubs with relative success. Better than Herr flick McLaren. Do a better Dutch accent at least. lol

I like what I'm reading particularly the 5 theses

im afraid some of our squad will be worried as they know there's some hard graft ahead as I think we all saw they're not fit enough 

He will undoubtedly out some dead wood and these guys quickly identify the shirkers.  

Theres a bumpy road ahead let's hope he gets the job and turns this big ship around. 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

Interesting. Couldn't be more different than Carlos. Time will tell if we have landed a lobster or a sardine. Surely points 4&5 of his training thesis contradict each other.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Interesting. Couldn't be more different than Carlos. Time will tell if we have landed a lobster or a sardine. Surely points 4&5 of his training thesis contradict each other.

Not necessarliy, I'm happy at work but I'm not having fun, it's a job 

Guest Jack the Hat
5 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Not necessarliy, I'm happy at work but I'm not having fun, it's a job 

Maybe that where I'm going wrong then!

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Me neither. but I was happy to read that it may have been down to the quality of players he had at Ausburg. We've got some good players. We've also got some crap ones too. Lets hope he leads us to mid table & is then able to build in the Summer.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Weird ? I've spoken to my German mate whose second club is Wednesday this morning..... believe me, it wasn't good listening.
The word, boring was used on more than one occasion.

Maybe he was talking about the phone call

lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

He has my backing, anyone who is going to give our squad a kick up the arse gets my backing .

Bloody right too! The old “let’s get promotion in two years by using old pros near to, or at the end of, their illustrious careers” has a few flaws, all of which were visible at Wembley, against Huddersfield, in the Blunts game and last week. Major lancing of the boil is required. Too many freeloaders and zero application. Lose the dross Jos and get some discipline back in the squad. This will take time and we must give him time. The team has expired and needs a full engine rebuild rather than a couple of pints of oil.

18 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

He has my backing, anyone who is going to give our squad a kick up the arse gets my backing .

10 minutes ago, shez owl said:

And don’t forget the manager will be responsible for the playing side from top to bottom, if he can build a disciplined, hard working culture then a base for a winning culture is made and future of club secure.

This basically

He can turn us into Burton Albion for all I care

I just need to see an end to us being a set of fannys (barring Hutchinson)

Loovens, Jones, Butterfield, Lees, Lee, Wallace, Reach, Palmer.... none of them have a tackle in them

It's alright closing down, but as soon as they get there the opponent just skips past them

1 hour ago, heppers said:

Dull and boring is great if you are winning every game 1-0 and pushing for promotion.

Not so great when losing as we well know.

Lets hope it is a different kind of dull.

Liverpool won promotion to the old 1st Division  in the early Sixties by playing that way, and dominated it for the next ten years with 1-0 wins.

I would settle for the same.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

JOS IS THE MAN

It's time we had a bit of luhukay

Carlos always used to say in press conferences we didn't' have the luhukay during matches

How ironic that he got the boot for Luhukay to take his place

lol

Will Lady Luhukay be with him?

OMG this is going to be a disaster. Why oh why not go for Dean Smith who has created a great scouting system, signs, plays and builds lower league players into Prem quality and plays good footy. 

DC has defo lost it. "Fast, aggressive football"  and we end up with an extra from Dallas Buyers Club.