Jos Luhukay

Sheffield Wednesday in talks with Dutch coach Jos Luhukay to replace Carlos Carvalhal as manager

Ambitious Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri had been hoping to hire big name like Andre Villas-Boas or Jose Fonseca, but he sped up process after poor results under caretaker Lee Bullen

By Alan Nixon

4th January 2018, 7:49 pm

Updated: 4th January 2018, 7:49 pm

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY are in talks with Dutch coach Jos Luhukay about becoming their new boss in a surprise move.

Luhukay has spent all of his managerial career in Germany and worked for Borussia Munchengladbach and Stuttgart among others during a lengthy time in the Bundesliga.

Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Dutch coach Jos Luhukay about becoming their new boss in a surprise move

Owner Dejphon Chansiri hopes to finalise the shock appointment before the FA Cup clash with Carlisle after interviewing several candidates.

Chansiri had dreamt of big names like Andre Villas-Boas and Jose Fonseca, but he sped up the process after poor results under caretaker Lee Bullen.

Luhukay is similar to Carlos Carvalhal with a record of moving clubs regualllrly and he is keen to succeed the Portguese coach who was sacked a fortnight ago.

Chansiri also considered experienced German Bruno Labbadia, who is also available, but Luhukay got the nod as he fits the budget and profile.

If this is true it unfortunately shows a lack of understanding of our club from the chairman. From reading on here over the last few days it shows that we are ready to take a young and upcoming manager (someone like Paul Hurst) and accept that this season is over.

No real record to speak of and plenty of similar options already having managed in this league.

Guest RocketOwl

I thought we got lucky with Chansiri. Starting to get alarmed.

Just appoint a sensible manager with a record of getting out of this league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Got Hertha Berlin promoted to the Bundesliga. 

Have you seen the state of 2 Bundesliga the standard is nowhere near that of the Championship.

I’m not going to say whether he’s any good or not as I haven’t a fuuucking clue. I hope he’s brilliant.

But at face value its extremely worrying that we are overlooking experienced coaches with promotions and decent finishes from this league in favour of someone who doesn’t know our players, the league and more than likely the best transfer targets.

Oh and we’re only the six points off relegation with the derby next week. If this is the best we can do in a difficult spot and an injured squad then I’m gutted and I’m losing a lot of faith.

DC cannot be any more sure than the next man about how this turns out or any other appointment. But if he did the sensible thing and reduced the risks associated with the appointment he would at least appear logical. 

Edited by Bluesteel