4 minutes ago, Peake said:

He was assistant to Heynckes before so maybe we'll see some loanees come from Bayern :ph34r:

Hummels and Neuer it is then

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well if he repeats that it'll be our best run for months at least

Will that be before the bust up with the hierarchy?

10 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is the new CEO doing imo.

Stop kidding yourselves that this I s a good idea. It's clear we just needed a manager who knows English football. Especially now giving our league predicament.

When she took over at charlton I believe they got rid of Powell and then appointed a series of continental bosses. From memory Jose Riga, Bob Peeters and another one from Holland. 

I cannot believe anyone would want this manager. I would even prefer Steve McLaren to this guy.

He pissed on the same cornflakes of yours as rhodes too?

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Joking aside, on the face of it, it's a ridiculous appointment. The place just needed babysitting for a few months. I'd love to understand the logic behind this one, and I just can't see any middle ground here. It's either a stroke of absolute genius, or a huge mistake that could backfire massively. 

Either way, you've just got to get behind the bloke, the team and the club, and cross your fingers. 

Very much this

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He pissed on the same cornflakes of yours as rhodes too?

Yes.

I am very worried if this guy does become our next manager , Chansiri has completely lost the plot , could this week get any worse ?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Joking aside, on the face of it, it's a ridiculous appointment. The place just needed babysitting for a few months. I'd love to understand the logic behind this one, and I just can't see any middle ground here. It's either a stroke of absolute genius, or a huge mistake that could backfire massively. 

Either way, you've just got to get behind the bloke, the team and the club, and cross your fingers. 

It smacks of Mr Chansiri bowing down to an advisor, that advisor quite seemingly being Katrien, given his nationality and agent.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Chansiri is amazing. I hope that he has considered what will happen to his investment if this goes t i t s up and we get relegated. I hope he realises that the big name players we have will be out of the door like a shot if that happens and the effects that will have on finances. Talk about all or nothing.

:duntmatter:

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Yes.

Your goin to hate him then because he plays 1 upfront and that will probably be rhodes lol

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Watto said:

I am very worried if this guy does become our next manager , Chansiri has completely lost the plot , could this week get any worse ?

Why worried? His CV is excellent if you look beyond the fact he has no Championship experience. I think it might just be a shrewd appointment.

He is obviously not a yes man (last job), exactly what we need.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It would be hilarious if one of the first things he does is to lay into Wilder. :biggrin:

borat4.jpg:nuhiu:

• Confused 1

bribery and corruption in the 60's, blue and white stripes and a big wall between east and west. Whats not to love?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

It smacks of Mr Chansiri bowing down to an advisor, that advisor quite seemingly being Katrien, given his nationality and agent.

There's no way on earth DC had anything to do with this appointment. This in itself gives me hope not just for the manager but for all future decisions involving swfc

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why? Who would you have chosen? 

• Confused 1

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Your goin to hate him then because he plays 1 upfront and that will probably be rhodes lol

If he drops Rhodes I'll give him benefit of doubt. If he plays Rhodes as a lone striker he's clueless 

We just lost 3-0 at home to Burton. The only way is up!!

I'm happy with this sounds like what we need

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

If he drops Rhodes I'll give him benefit of doubt. If he plays Rhodes as a lone striker he's clueless 

Rhodes will give him the thumbs up either way. 

• Haha 1

Jos’s Dad came from Indonesia.

Indonesia is quite close to Thailand.

Looks like aggressive, attacking football is not the remit

Luhukay’s style of play is more painful to watch than enjoyable, but it’s more enjoyable to win games. I’m tired of losing and will happily take boring soccer to get back to the top flight.”