Slavisa Jokanovic not happy at Fulham

A furious Slavisa Jokanovic has claimed it could be a ‘good option’ to sack him in an extraordinary tirade after a disagreement regarding the strength of the Fulham squad.

The head coach wanted three new signings to bolster his side as they hunt for a Play-off place, but revealed in his press conference ahead of the side’s FA Cup tie against Southampton that the recruitment team think the team is strong enough to achieve that goal.

He went on to express his disappointment at the club’s stance on transfers this January with the Whites having no clear targets in the transfer window, with Fulham's view on things being that they have no intention to sell any of their players, including Ryan Sessegnon, and will look to improve the squad if the right options becomes available to them.

Despite hoping the recruitment department will change their opinion on the strength of the squad, Jokanovic issued an explosive solution to the problem - sacking the coach.

Speaking to GetWestLondon, he said: “No, this January I am really disappointed with the information around us.

“We don’t have any clear targets and for the direction of the club, I have some information that we are strong enough to fight for the important targets.

I don’t believe this - at the end there are so many assistants and so many things, I am really disappointed with our situation and I expect the club will change their opinion.

“I don’t know, if we don’t have the money or don’t want to spend the money, but we are not competitive enough for this period what is in front of us.

“Solution? I don’t know, but probably if the coach doesn't trust that we are strong enough (but they feel we are), then probably an option that the club must be thinking about is sacking the coach and this can be a good option for the club.”

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't strike me as the right fit for us for many reasons

I don't know much about him other than Fulham play decent attacking football (from what little i've seen).

What makes you say he wouldn't fit us?  Not being funny i'm just interested!

Guest wilyfox

My first choice. Like the way his teams play. Manages to play 4-3-3 and dominate possession, without resorting to counter-attack only. Offensively, great to watch. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

My first choice. Like the way his teams play. Manages to play 4-3-3 and dominate possession, without resorting to counter-attack only. Offensively, great to watch. 

Totally agree. His Watford side were great to watch. Enjoyed Fulham early this season - result great obviously but also just seeing some excitimg attacking play through the channels by their forwards. Would love him at Hillsborough. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The outburst at his bosses

The fact he's not happy with the club not spending a shedload in the transfer window etc

It does seem a bit mardyarsey.

Devil's advocate might say he's just standing up to them and saying back me or sack me

few games back they was 2-0 down and he made 2 subs around the 40 minute mark and they brought it back to 2-2 an unlucky not to win ,good management that 

would be even better if he brought that 17 year old with him 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The outburst at his bosses

The fact he's not happy with the club not spending a shedload in the transfer window etc

I actually think DC was extremely loyal and although always mentioning FFP we have spent serious money after this onlikes of Winnall, Rhodes and Van Aken. If anything think he is tyoo chummy with advisors and manager. I am hoping new CEO is to seperate him from hangers on.

I was serious about Gray as assistant as I think huge gap in coaching now at club and space needs filling. CC and army have left. I also think loss of Ramsdale, Danny Cadamarteri and David Hirst have had an impact.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh yeah dont' get me wrong I admire his stance

Just don't think it would fit with the upper corridors of S6

lol

With a bit of luck we've already tapped him up and he's trying for a quick exit!

:stuwinky:

41 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He is a decent shout but not sure if he is the right man at this particular time 

Getting the team fit and conditioned is the priority and we need a bit of a taskmaster at this time imo.