ONLY 3 THINGS WRONG

1) Our Chairman is, in footballing terms, naive. He appears to have been badly advised (including Doyen) and has now recruiting a questionable CEO, who comes with baggage so to speak.He appears to have no plan of action as to how to run his business or proper priorities to follow.

He should be concentrating on putting a strong footballing side together, with a reasonable chance , in the near future, of getting promotion. He should be concentrating on getting a very good head coach/manager through the door.He appears to have given continuity or failure planning no heed whatsover.I'm not sure what his motivation was, when he purchased our club, but I am begining to think he saw an opportunity to make money and took it.

I don't think that there is much sentiment attached to the situation.I don't think our Chairman is culturally attached to the city or our fans and does not fully appreciate the importance of the history of the club.

2) We have no Head Coach/Manager as I type. This needs addressing asap. Sheffield Wednesday have only really prospered under a high profile, genuine ,straight talking type, in the style of Harry Catterick, Ron Atkinson, Howard Wilkinson.The job requires a strong character and a wealth of footballing knowledge.

Not an up and coming young coach, not a journeyman, not someone with an average win ratio in an average league somewhere.We need someone who recognises that phsicality (height included),youth,pace all play a part in building a team.Someone that recognises that he needs leaders all over the pitch if he is to get promoted. Someone who does not have favourites and over relies on them. Not someone who sees themselves as a "chum" of the team and can motivate all types within the squad.He should have joined up thinking when building his squad and not just buy for the sake of it. A person who recognises what style of play the Hillsborough faithful can get behind and relate to.

3) Our team/squad has major flaws in its make up and weaknesses in its overall cover.We have a general bias towards  older players on high earings. We have no pacey and not enough younger players spread through our squad. We have many players of average (or less) height and physical stature than other teams in the championship.

We have players who do not have consistancy of performance, strong desire or have poor leadership character.Many are over comfortable and under performing. We have too many players with long standing injury problems that keep re-occuring.Our squad is personality wise "frail" We do have some with good levels of skill, but that is nowhere near enough.

We only have 3 problems....but what big problems they are.I can only hope that our new CEO is up to finding the right answers and not compound them.  Good luck Sheffield Wednesday going into 2018

1. Just because we don’t know DC’s plan of action doesn’t mean he hasn’t got one.

2. We had a manager but some wouldn’t accept him

3. The players aren’t exactly old, it’s a myth that somebody pushed and is now a fact. The height thing wasn’t a problem when we were competing at the top of the table, same with the “age” thing. The character of our players is now a negative, wasn’t so long ago when folk were saying how our squad had bags of it.

To summarise, we’re lacking in confidence. We weren’t that far off, the negativity is burrowing through this club and it will kill us if it’s not stopped.

We as fans need to grow a pair and stop being so kneejerk.

Together this club can prosper.

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Those three things a pretty much as important as you can get. The term in the 'Only' in OP title appears to minimise the importance of what is happening.

I was being sarcastic and synical when I gave it that handle. Thats the way you feel when you are totally pis.ed off with things.

27 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

1) Our Chairman is, in footballing terms, naive. He appears to have been badly advised (including Doyen) and has now recruiting a questionable CEO, who comes with baggage so to speak.He appears to have no plan of action as to how to run his business or proper priorities to follow.

He should be concentrating on putting a strong footballing side together, with a reasonable chance , in the near future, of getting promotion. He should be concentrating on getting a very good head coach/manager through the door.He appears to have given continuity or failure planning no heed whatsover.I'm not sure what his motivation was, when he purchased our club, but I am begining to think he saw an opportunity to make money and took it.

I don't think that there is much sentiment attached to the situation.I don't think our Chairman is culturally attached to the city or our fans and does not fully appreciate the importance of the history of the club.

2) We have no Head Coach/Manager as I type. This needs addressing asap. Sheffield Wednesday have only really prospered under a high profile, genuine ,straight talking type, in the style of Harry Catterick, Ron Atkinson, Howard Wilkinson.The job requires a strong character and a wealth of footballing knowledge.

Not an up and coming young coach, not a journeyman, not someone with an average win ratio in an average league somewhere.We need someone who recognises that phsicality (height included),youth,pace all play a part in building a team.Someone that recognises that he needs leaders all over the pitch if he is to get promoted. Someone who does not have favourites and over relies on them. Not someone who sees themselves as a "chum" of the team and can motivate all types within the squad.He should have joined up thinking when building his squad and not just buy for the sake of it. A person who recognises what style of play the Hillsborough faithful can get behind and relate to.

3) Our team/squad has major flaws in its make up and weaknesses in its overall cover.We have a general bias towards  older players on high earings. We have no pacey and not enough younger players spread through our squad. We have many players of average (or less) height and physical stature than other teams in the championship.

We have players who do not have consistancy of performance, strong desire or have poor leadership character.Many are over comfortable and under performing. We have too many players with long standing injury problems that keep re-occuring.Our squad is personality wise "frail" We do have some with good levels of skill, but that is nowhere near enough.

We only have 3 problems....but what big problems they are.I can only hope that our new CEO is up to finding the right answers and not compound them.  Good luck Sheffield Wednesday going into 2018

i don't agree with all of this but I've given you a credit for the thought you put in.  The truth is, none of us really know the facts behind how Mr chansiri feels about the club.

23 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

1. Just because we don’t know DC’s plan of action doesn’t mean he hasn’t got one.

3. The players aren’t exactly old, it’s a myth that somebody pushed and is now a fact. The height thing wasn’t a problem when we were competing at the top of the table, same with the “age” thing. The character of our players is now a negative, wasn’t so long ago when folk were saying how our squad had bags of it.

To summarise, we’re lacking in confidence. We weren’t that far off, the negativity is burrowing through this club and it will kill us if it’s not stopped.

Now this, I do agree with.

18 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

1) I did say "appears" not a definite....just appears that way

2) Without going through the reasons again, it was not a surprise to anyone that he left. Its just where we are NOW.

3)We do not have sufficient younger players in the squad (18- 23 years old) and our lack of physicality is something that has been missing sine the Wembley game.....IMO

We are NOT just lacking in confidence, that is a total simplification of where we are.

Kneejerk. ?? I have been through this type of situation a good few times having been a supporter for over 58 years. But I respect your views

34 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I'm not sure what his motivation was, when he purchased our club, but I am begining to think he saw an opportunity to make money and took it.

Chairmen are very rarely lifelong fans, mate. Not these days. It comes down to whether you’re seen as a viable business opportunity with genuine potential, a stepping stone to bigger opportunities, or a glamorous plaything.

Of the three, I’m very glad our owner sees us as the former. And has surprised himself since arriving by how emotionally attached he’s become.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Chairmen are very rarely lifelong fans, mate. Not these days. It comes down to whether you’re seen as a viable business opportunity with genuine potential, a stepping stone to bigger opportunities, or a glamorous plaything.

Of the three, I’m very glad our owner sees us as the former. And has surprised himself since arriving by how emotionally attached he’s become.

I was not suggesting that he should be a lifelong fan. I was suggesting he was looking more like a purely financial opportunist, but unfortunately he is not from the top drawer (and I do  not make reference to his overall wealth) more refer to his understanding of this particular business.

6 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I was not suggesting that he should be a lifelong fan. I was suggesting he was looking more like a purely financial opportunist, but unfortunately he is not from the top drawer (and I do  not make reference to his overall wealth) more refer to his understanding of this particular business.

Oh I know you weren’t fella, just saying that if a businessman sees us as a great opportunity - shorthand for ‘reaching the Prem’, as let’s face it that’s the only way you’ll recoup a multimillion investment at S6 - then we have to take that as a positive endorsement on some level, and a mutually beneficial statement of intent despite differing motives.

Agreed his (self-admitted) lack of football experience has caused issues, yeah. I do believe he’s trying to address that though, and genuinely hopes to learn, taking advice until he gets there. It’s who he picks as advisors that’s far more critical. We’re still desperate for some proper oldschool footy brains at the club IMO.

Edited by Mr. Tom

6 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

All our best player are injured

Squad players are utter tripe and on ridiculous contracts

We have no money left

Apart from those 3 points we're fine... Ffs

Well 1st sentence is pretty much on the ball.Suppose on here that's not too bad !!