Travel advise, please

Greetings!

I am a Norwegian Owls-fan who travel to see SWFC once or twice a year. This time I'll bring my dad to Hillsborough for the Reading game on Apr 21. It's his 65th birthday so I thought it'd be a nice present for him to go watch some decent football! :-)

So, I've purchased flight tickets coming in to Manchester Apt on Friday 20th at eight o'clock (that's 20.00 or eight pm in case you wonder). Should we just get an hotel in Manchester that night and set sails for Hillsborough on Sat morning, or is it safe to plan for a train trip Manchester Apt - Sheffield that late in the evening? What would you do? WWYD? WAWAW!

Lets hope for your sake the game doesn't get moved to Friday night for SKY TV! cant see that happening though unless it is a relegation 6 pointer!:tango:

Have you checked to see if Man Utd are at home that weekend? If so most of the Manchester hotels will be booked or expensive!

I would jump on the train and get to Sheffield! if you get the direct train (Cleethorpes train) it only takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes!

Hope your dad enjoys his birthday present!

Just now, Owl in Manc said:

Lets hope for your sake the game doesn't get moved to Friday night for SKY TV! cant see that happening though unless it is a relegation 6 pointer!:tango:

Have you checked to see if Man Utd are at home that weekend? If so most of the Manchester hotels will be booked or expensive!

I would jump on the train and get to Sheffield! if you get the direct train (Cleethorpes train) it only takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes!

Hope your dad enjoys his birthday present!

Thanks! Haven't considered the home game situation in Manchester, will absolutely check it out.

As for games being moved from one day to another, that's a risk I'm aware of and just have to take. Need to book the flights well in advance if I don't wanna pay for those through my nose, and can't camp down in a Sheffield hotel for a week just to be sure, either :-)

Just now, Owl in Manc said:

Man City are at home to Swansea that Saturday!

Yeah... Just saw that. Oh, well. Maybe I'll go see Carlos get battered then instead, if the Owls vs Reading match is moved because of Sky Sports ;-)

• Haha 1