clubs you have a 'soft spot' for

31 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Norwich - liked their kit as a kid plus some good players they had at the time like Kevin Reeves etc

Sunderland - my mate was a Sunderland supporter and used to take me to some of their games, and pre-match went drinking with them. This was in times that would’ve been familiar to us, I saw them pick up the League 2 / Division 3 title under McMenemy at Roker Park, Eric Gates, Marco Gabbiadini, Bennett etc

AFC Fylde - a local club to me, working their way through the lower leagues over recent years, now in the Conference, and likely to end up in the Football League eventually. Well run, lovely brand new stadium, and a great Sports Bar to boot. Just 15 mins away by car. Proper, honest, football and fan-friendly. Completely the other end of the scale to us.

Re Sunderland... Yes it used to be great when you'd go with mates of other teams  to matches and they'd come to Hillsborough or away matches with me. That was down to affordable tickets though, now no chance my Everton mates would pay forty pounds to enter Hillsborough, ripoff 

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

The only result I look out for other than us is Queens Park in Scotland. Not had a great season so far but did ok in December. 

Founded in 1867 like us.... they once played Sheffield FC at Hillsborough, about 25 year ago...

Guest Jack the Hat
15 minutes ago, CE-Owl said:

Founded in 1867 like us.... they once played Sheffield FC at Hillsborough, about 25 year ago...

Don't remember that....but then there's an awful lot I don't remember about the '90's. Good times!

14 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

is there any clubs (beside Wednesday) you always look how they are doing or attend when Wednesdays not playing 

mine are 

Swansea (til recently) 

oxford-wifes home town team 

Aberdeen - lived there 

rangers -dads team 

Alot of our fans dont like wednesday never mind another team

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Norwich - liked their kit as a kid plus some good players they had at the time like Kevin Reeves etc

Sunderland - my mate was a Sunderland supporter and used to take me to some of their games, and pre-match went drinking with them. This was in times that would’ve been familiar to us, I saw them pick up the League 2 / Division 3 title under McMenemy at Roker Park, Eric Gates, Marco Gabbiadini, Bennett etc

AFC Fylde - a local club to me, working their way through the lower leagues over recent years, now in the Conference, and likely to end up in the Football League eventually. Well run, lovely brand new stadium, and a great Sports Bar to boot. Just 15 mins away by car. Proper, honest, football and fan-friendly. Completely the other end of the scale to us.

As above but 10 min walk ...

Club is run by a businessman that's totally in touch with everything football 

Deserve all the success that may /will come their way 

4 hours ago, modboy said:

Re Sunderland... Yes it used to be great when you'd go with mates of other teams  to matches and they'd come to Hillsborough or away matches with me. That was down to affordable tickets though, now no chance my Everton mates would pay forty pounds to enter Hillsborough, ripoff 

A few years ago a load of Everton fans got turned away from Middlesborough for trying to enter ground with Kids tickets.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

As above but 10 min walk ...

Club is run by a businessman that's totally in touch with everything football 

Deserve all the success that may /will come their way 

could you email dc the number of the guy lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

could you email dc the number of the guy lol 

He's too busy with refunds to bother with little old me ATM.......

TBH if he let me in I could help him run the club... be easier and less time consuming than my current job.....

And I'm sure more successful. ....

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He's too busy with refunds to bother with little old me ATM.......

TBH if he let me in I could help him run the club... be easier and less time consuming than my current job.....

And I'm sure more successful. ....

any coaching badges ...as such

18 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

any coaching badges ...as such

You don't need coaching badges to 

"Run" a football club Welsh. .

I would leave the Coaching side to Martin O Neill and Roy Keane ...

I would deal with the boring stuff like entertaining our fans with good offers and merchandise and making Hillsborough a happier  experience..

Not Rocket Science is it ?

This is bad timing but I genuinely have a soft spot for Burton Albion, it didn't make Monday any less painful mind. It goes back to a University friend who supports them, when we first met they were barely surviving in League 2 and I'm pleased for him that the club has reached the heights it has.