clubs you have a 'soft spot' for

Strangely enough Stranraer as we used to holiday when I was a kid there and pass the ground regularly, always watched for their results. Probably not sit well on here, but also Liverpool, because as a young football fan when it was not on TV 24/7 and when The European Cup was the proper Champions Cup ie Champions of each Country in a Knock Out, the Liverpool flew the flag for English football and gave us some great games and memories.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

38 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Ayr United - in-laws team and my local club. Bugs the sh*t out of me having that second part of their name mind!

Look out for a host of other teams results - mainly based on mates who support them.

I also look out for ayr united results because of the kit launch. 

Edited by flo
  • Haha 1

Fiorentina (I like purple, prefer bluey purple and Tuscany)

Perth Glory ( local team play in purple)

Spurs (reciprocal arrangement with a Spurs fan, kind of like twin towns)

Barca (son likes Messi)

and that’s it apart from Sheffield FC

Edited by Kalamunda
Forgot the 1857 mob

Whilst I cannot support another team, I have tried but you just don't "feel" it in the same way, I do have a soft spot for Oxford as they are local to me and I have loads of friends and acquaintances that support them, and also Wycombe for the same reasons and for their part in our promotion celebrations.

Bordeaux - worked there on & off for over 20 years. Good night out & nice new ground. Old one was a dump.

Raith Rovers - worked with friends in Kirkcaldy for years. Top night out in the 90's.

Perth Glory - as above, workmate moved there 18 years ago, been a few times.

Nobody in Yorkshire as they all have a massive chip on their shoulders about us.

Nobody else in England either.

Norwich - liked their kit as a kid plus some good players they had at the time like Kevin Reeves etc

Sunderland - my mate was a Sunderland supporter and used to take me to some of their games, and pre-match went drinking with them. This was in times that would’ve been familiar to us, I saw them pick up the League 2 / Division 3 title under McMenemy at Roker Park, Eric Gates, Marco Gabbiadini, Bennett etc

AFC Fylde - a local club to me, working their way through the lower leagues over recent years, now in the Conference, and likely to end up in the Football League eventually. Well run, lovely brand new stadium, and a great Sports Bar to boot. Just 15 mins away by car. Proper, honest, football and fan-friendly. Completely the other end of the scale to us.

all right:

Spurs - Best friend/College roommate is a fan.

Dumbarton FC - Another online friend from an F1 site. 

Athletic Bilbao - I wanted a Spanish side to foil my oldest who likes Real... bah! 

Hereford - Love that badge. lol. 

The Millers - online friends with one of their fans over at bigsoccer.com

I can't believe some folks are saying they are fond of the Pigs... oh well. 

13 hours ago, pressy said:

Everton  met some of there fans in a pub before facup semi at villa park  and had a great time  i also hate liverpool 

Everton, loads of uni mates supported them and we were their equal during that era mid 90s

Fans are really down to earth too