clubs you have a 'soft spot' for

Grimsby Town - I was born there and my parents are from there

Coventry - worked there for a few years and always have a look how they be done. Had a fair few ex-wednesday players aswell. Tudgay a most recent.

Sunderland - went to uni there. Their fan base is fantastic. Lovely stadium. 

F-in hell. Combine that list together with supporting Wednesday and it's a surprise I haven't topped myself yet!

• Haha 1

Manchester United,  because of George Best, 

Barcelona because I lived in Spain and my mates were Barcelona fans, well actually the are more Real Madrid haters lol

Chesterfield because I was brought up between Chesterfield and Sheffield 

Derby County and Ilkeston Town because they are local to me now

I wish them all well until it's in Wednesdays interest for them to lose. 

Guest Bulgaria
37 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Ditto... for these reasons, plus I used to live with the floodlights of Loftus Road shining in through my bedroom window for a year ;)

Back in my student years, we had a joke going around in our flat about Melinda Messenger and suddenly we started paying attention to Swindon... I wouldn't call it soft spot exactly now; mostly if I see football results in the paper, I'll check how they're doing too :P

I doubt there would be many soft spots if Melinda messenger were playing

Plymouth Argyle are my home town team. I live in Pompey and I went to Uni in Newcastle.

I like the Wimbledon ownership model to so whilst I do not exactly look out for their results, I like to hear they are doing well.

Guest Jack the Hat
21 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

i'll raise you.. kiki's

Call you with Isabella's and raise you with posy josys.

Guest Jack the Hat

The only result I look out for other than us is Queens Park in Scotland. Not had a great season so far but did ok in December. 

admired Tottenham as a kid in the 80s. They'd still be the premiership team I look out for most.

Dundee United were always my Scottish team.

Soft spot for forest as have a few mates who support them, and there's a few similarities between the two clubs.

Family from Southampton so look out for them.

Sampdoria were my favourite Italian team- English players, great, great kit.

I have a soft spot for Sheffield United, .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................but I wouldn't dare tell you where on here.

1 minute ago, dumboldowl said:

I have a soft spot for Sheffield United, .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................but I wouldn't dare tell you where on here.

WTF: