clubs you have a 'soft spot' for

Don't actually pay attention to their results, but as a UEA alum and with ancestral links to Norfolk - I don't mind Norwich.

And I wouldn't call it a soft spot as such, but I've always felt a bit of pity for some lower league clubs.  Particularly Grimsby.

I liked the football they played under Laws.  But I guess the biggest factor is that we were killing them once.  It was weeing down and the kop aimed a chant at Leppings Lane - "you're bobbar and you stink of fish".  Utterly cruel - but silly none the less.  Then their fans joined in - "we're bobbar and we stink of fish".

It made me like them.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I’m Wednesday through and through but there are clubs I check the scores / league position of from time to time:

Wycombe and Coventry - both clubs fans have shown class towards Wednesday

Hallam (prefer them to Sheffield FC who have recently cosied up to the Blades)

Mainly Darlington but also sometimes check on FC Halifax, Scarborough Athletic, Northwick 1874, Rushden & Diamonds- admire the way there fans have brought them back

Had a soft spot for Chesterfield this season as I don’t want them to go non-League. Would be same if Barnsley or Donnie were in that position - but not Rotherham or Pigs. 

Dont mind West Brom either - mainly because of LiamBaggies on here!

9 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

is there any clubs (beside Wednesday) you always look how they are doing or attend when Wednesdays not playing 

mine are 

Swansea (til recently) 

oxford-wifes home town team 

Aberdeen - lived there 

rangers -dads team 

None!

Only weirdos and refund getters have second teams 

• Haha 1

Spurs for me.

A large number of my family support the Yid Army so always look out for them.

Been to about 5-10 Spurs games in my life (2 of them against the pigs) and the atmosphere is always quality.

And it's the same vice versa, all my relatives who support Spurs have been to Hillsborough a few times with me and they all say Wednesday are their second team.

UTO!!!

9 hours ago, Pompeyowl said:

Pompey

Havant and Waterlooville

Baffins Milton Rovers

Moneyfields

Barnet

Hartlepool

Wycombe

Rangers

Northern Ireland

Linfield

Netherlands

Wisbech Town

Sheffield FC

Parma

Everyone else can gargle my sack. 

Played Wisbech Town reserves the other week.

Absolute c*nts

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheRock said:

QPR, always enjoyed visiting Loftus Road, and its the least obnoxious of the bigger London clubs. 

Plus they play in blue.

Ditto... for these reasons, plus I used to live with the floodlights of Loftus Road shining in through my bedroom window for a year ;)

Back in my student years, we had a joke going around in our flat about Melinda Messenger and suddenly we started paying attention to Swindon... I wouldn't call it soft spot exactly now; mostly if I see football results in the paper, I'll check how they're doing too :P