What sort of loser asks for a refund?

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

So, to sum up.

You were happy to have a season ticket when we were in the top division. Gave it up sharpish when we got relegated. Bought a new one when you thought we might get promoted back to the Premier League, want a refund because we are not.

Not having a dig mate but you don't need to justify yourself. If you want a refund, you go and ask for one. No need to explain.

This.

17 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Can I have my tattoo burnt off with a blow torch like on Sons of anarchy when they get thrown out of the crew

lol

You admitted yourself that you are a part time supporter so no one is throwing you out of the crew, you are leaving voluntarily so burn your own tattoo off! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Prices went up to pay for the players to take us back into the top flight and that was based on a 2 year plan, so we stump up stupid amounts to watch and were further away than when we started! to me that's kind of a broken promise

This is football, there are no guarantees, except maybe that at some point you're going to be disappointed.

Is this season up there with most season ticket holders we have ever had? It got to be up there in the top 4 or 5 seasons ?

Your standard walk up is lower that’s for sure.

I can’t help think but our worst patch for a while coinciding with the highest regular attendees to our games for at least a decade, maybe 2 decades? Is partly responsible for the huge over reaction.

Couple this with the era of social media amplifying discontent which, let’s face it as always existed, you get a huge depression and lots of negativity.

I honestly believe that whilst we've got some of the best fans you could ever wish for, there is also a good number who never ever can accept that even those running the club (Chansiri, Allen or whoever) are capable of making a mistake.

I'd urge that anyone berating someone for possibly considering a refund, should also be looking for answers from Chansiri himself as to why on earth he felt the need to give people the option in the first place.

I'd say with absolute certainty that he's had far more fans complain about the removal of stripes from the kit or the change of what must be one of the most iconic badges in football. He hasn't done anything about that though. Why?

It's one thing after another with this football club.

Sadly, I'd guess upto a 1000 fans will apply for this refund.

Chansiri clearly wants to get rid of the negativity within the stadium.

Too many negative variables at the time of the offer.

- Weather 

- Performances 

- Results

- Managerless/Coachless 

- Injuries

I hope we can turn this around come the end of January

- New Manager

- Quality Loan Players

- A Permanent Signing or Two

- Higher Tempo Performances

- Better Results 

- Less Injuries

One things for sure, It's alot to ask for, in the space of 3/4 weeks

3 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

Fair enough, though I don't think you're entitled to a refund and Chansiri offering is just another one of his mistakes. So if even fans are taking advantage of his mistakes, you can see how hard his job is. 

One former Chairman wanted to take fans to court. I'd bet that despite all the malice around at that time you wouldn't have found a single one of those supporters expecting the offer of a refund. 

Running a Football club is never easy, the nature of the industry and the sheer unpredictability ensures that.

The golden rule is to remember that you cannot please everyone, more importantly though don't even attempt to please everyone as you'll ultimately split more people apart in the long term.

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sadly, I'd guess upto a 1000 fans will apply for this refund.

Chansiri clearly wants to get rid of the negativity within the stadium.

Too many negative variables at the time of the offer.

- Weather 

- Performances 

- Results

- Managerless/Coachless 

- Injuries

I hope we can turn this around come the end of January

- New Manager

- Quality Loan Players

- A Permanent Signing or Two

- Higher Tempo Performances

- Better Results 

- Less Injuries

One things for sure, It's alot to ask for, in the space of 3/4 weeks

Russian Roulette.

Even if it was 100, it's 100 too many.

The real problem though is when the renewal prices are announced. If things still appear to done in a painting by numbers fashion and the prices are even greater then suddenly his 100 becomes far greater.

He's got his work cut out that's for certain, but looking in from the outside it feels like it was always going to come down to this. A lot of money has been spent without real foundation, a lot of people have taken advantage of his obvious lack of footballing knowledge and now he's getting his first taste of reality biting. 

If only the team and coaching staff had turned up at Wembley, or indeed during the play-offs last season. None of this would be happening.

My own personal view is this.

In all these years I've never stayed away from Hillsborough because of the poor football on the pitch.

But I've stayed away recently to try to hit the chairman in the pocket and force him to dismiss Carlos.

Unfortunately my efforts and those of others like me failed, and the season is now written off.

There weren't enough of us.

Now he's gone, and most likely having jumped ship rather than being sacked, I've returned.

So I wouldn't ask for a refund now because it's too late.

I would have done had Carlos still been here, though.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The chairman should rescind the offer, never offer it again, focus back on turning round the form of the team, and crack on with positive initiatives designed to attract more fans, sponsors and corporates to the club.

He won't do that, it's all about losing face, and the Thai's just won't do that.

Therein lies the problem. His own pride is clouding his judgements on a day to day basis.

He was very quick to turn on the fans, far too quick didn't take real advice, just listened to cash grab doyen led ideas
So what does he do ? He comes out with the refund idea, and sticks a CEO into the club that's so toxic to fans.

Some fans asked for refunds as a means of venting their spleen, it's happened for years, but usually it's all hot air.
Again, if he'd listened, he'd have known that.

Instead he fills the club with foreign ideas and thought. We are expected to understand HIS culture, but he...not ours.

The fans are being blamed for his own mistakes. he needs to look in the mirror and man up and admit HE'S F'ked it up.

Not us.

What sort of loser asks for a refund?

Probably 5th columnist united fans saying they're going to do it to encourage genuine owls to follow suit, with the intention of driving out the chairman and his funding. These people know that dissatisfaction spreads faster and deeper than positivity. Still I'm doing my bit to help readdress the balance and give them a taste of their own medicine, with some success it must be said. But it's very difficult to do it on your own 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

My own personal view is this.

In all these years I've never stayed away from Hillsborough because of the poor football on the pitch.

But I've stayed away recently to try to hit the chairman in the pocket and force him to dismiss Carlos.

Unfortunately my efforts and those of others like me failed, and the season is now written off.

There weren't enough of us.

Now he's gone, and most likely having jumped ship rather than being sacked, I've returned.

So I wouldn't ask for a refund now because it's too late.

I would have done had Carlos still been here, though.

Better the devil

10 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

Loser

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah but not retrospectively.

People can show their displeasure by not renewing.

Their disloyalty after getting discounted entry so far for supposedly committing to a full season should not be rewarded or refunded. 

As a fan it's questionable if it should happen but what about if you're a customer?

See this is the thing..............

If you set a precedent then you surely must expect people to be able to react in a way a customer would if they're dissatisfied...........that's not the OP's fault really is it?