What sort of loser asks for a refund?

1 hour ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

There was nothing promised. You got to be some thicko to think that because we had ambitions of promotion that that means that's exactly what was going to happen. 

flipping children cry about promises.  roger off

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

Congratulations you share today's attention seeking award with Steve from WOTMT

1 hour ago, owls about that said:

Bye

Yeah I think you nailed it in one. No one gives a flying f**k anymore. We cant even offer a decent argument or a debate anymore.

20 minutes ago, briggowl said:

If I was a blunt, I'd be wetting myself laughing at us this season.

It's just another huge embarrassment.

Considered getting a refund for a few moments but there just seems no integrity in that action. I bought an ST for 23 games, I've seen 13 and will see another 10.

Getting a refund could potentially put SWFC in massive financial trouble if even a few hundred take it up.

I knew what I was buying, after last season it was a slight risk, it's turned out a nightmare, deal with it. IMO

They already are ... I have been asked to "defend" this today by a couple of Blunts who think this is Comedy Gold.. They cant stop p1ssing themselves about it.   Chansiri should never have offered it.... but anyone taking him up on it should hang their heads in shame.  We have given United fans all they need for years to come. 

Talk about entitled.  You've paid to see 23 matches , thats it .  No guarantees.  Well actually, there is one guarantee... If we were 9 points better off..... Just 3 wins better off... I guarantee no one would be cashing in. 

I used to think Wednesday fans were the best in the Country ....  I am so sad and ashamed of this.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be interesting to find out what these conditions are. 

You wouldn’t imagine they will be positive whatever they are 

Only way out of this pathetic charade is the chairman or CEO needs to revoke this offer immediately, write it off as a horrendous error of judgement and move on 

1 hour ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Just fronting up. There are a lot of people questioning if anyone would actually accept the offer. 

It's the "loyal fans" who seem to be the ones wanting pats on the back

The seasons only got 4 months left.

Why not just see it through. Was going to Hillsborough that bad? That you desperately needed to sto going, right now!

4 friggin months.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

The seasons only got 4 months left.

Why not just see it through. Was going to Hillsborough that bad? That you desperately needed to sto going, right now!

4 friggin months.

Can't actually think of a game I've enjoyed this season. ( Watched the Leeds 3-0 on Sky)

Work shifts and I've had to use leave days, ask favours and swap shifts to make games and to be honest I'm struggling to find any motivation to do it anymore to watch the biggest collection of overpaid underachievers i think there's ever been assembled in the Championship 

1 minute ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Can't actually think of a game I've enjoyed this season. ( Watched the Leeds 3-0 on Sky)

Work shifts and I've had to use leave days, ask favours and swap shifts to make games and to be honest I'm struggling to find any motivation to do it anymore to watch the biggest collection of overpaid underachievers i think there's ever been assembled in the Championship 

I think you've made the right decision. It takes a certain amount of character to support a football team.

Maybe when we return to the top flight; you can jump back on board. 

If I'm ever in the trenches, you're exactly the type of bloke I want by my side.

1 hour ago, 1963owl said:

there"d be no refunds if 1963owl was the owner lol

To be fair i cant understand why there are refunds being offered. You pay in advance to get a discount to watch all home  games. There are no guarantees that our team will win, so why offer a refund because we arent winning??? I didnt commit to a season ticket this year due to work commitments, but if i did no way would i want a refund. You follow your team win lose or draw. Yes you can have a moan and say we are useless, poo etc, but iv been an owl since i was 5 and i will always be an owl. I attend as many games as i can, yeah its pricey, but i love watching sheffield wednesday. Always have always will.

I think to even offer a refund, halfway through a season, is very bad business sense. And to be fair shows just how out of touch our chairman is with the business of football. Its not like selling tuna. If your unsatisfied with a tin of tuna you take it back to the shop and request a refund. This is football ffs. I think this is just another example of how dc is out of his depth as a football chairman.

He bought a football club with a lot of history. Ruined our 150th anniversary by taking away our stripes, no kits available. We really are a laughing stock about this. Nothing really worthy of honouring our anniversary, big name friendly etc. Our club shop is a joke. Merchandise, kits etc, make money for the club and we dont really have that. Buying a kit is like digging for gold. All these things generate money for our club as im sure you would all agree. And now hes willing to give back some of the revenue that  we have made by refunding season tickets???? He has talked quite openly about generating money to contend with ffp, yet we have hardly anything to buy, unless you want to pay over the odds to have a plaque on a seat. all our corparate boxes are empty due to being over priced, bad marketing etc.

I know our new CEO has had alot of bad press, but maybe she may be able to make dc see what football clubs need to offer in order to make some revenue.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Don't worry in the meantime until he comes back you can get a knitting circle together and talk about how you real fans are superior  and you can have a game of who is most important to pass the time if the games are still crap whilst Patti g yourself on the back 

Or just carry on with my normal life.

However I've not heard of you game you've mentioned; what are the rules?

Edited by zzmdu

I’d rather people don’t ask for a refund personally, as others have said you buy your ticket for the season and that’s that with regards to the football but it’s your call at the end of the day OP.

I’d much prefer everyone saw the season out and assessed their options from there but now the Chairman has put the offer out there there’s nowt anyone can do. 

1 hour ago, Drones club said:

Agree. Hope the club in the interest of transparency reveals the names of those who accept a refund. How else will we know if the offer has been genuine?

I can see that being a good idea with some of’t brown shirts flexing about on here and on Facebook :tango:

31 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You wouldn’t imagine they will be positive whatever they are 

Only way out of this pathetic charade is the chairman or CEO needs to revoke this offer immediately, write it off as a horrendous error of judgement and move on 

Why? If the fair weather brigade want their money back it's up to them, just don't let them back in again when the going gets good again. And please don't let them call themselves Wednesdayites or real fans ever again. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Why? If the fair weather brigade want their money back it's up to them, just don't let them back in again when the going gets good again. And please don't let them call themselves Wednesdayites or real fans ever again. 

Can I have my tattoo burnt off with a blow torch like on Sons of anarchy when they get thrown out of the crew

lol

19 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Don't worry in the meantime until he comes back you can get a knitting circle together and talk about how you real fans are superior  and you can have a game of who is most important to pass the time if the games are still crap whilst Patti g yourself on the back 

This isnt about 'real fans'. 

What justification is there for taking up the offer of a refund ? Because we arent doing as well as we all hoped/expected ?  If thats it, there is absolutely no question in my mind that anyone doing it for this reason is no supporter.  It really is as simple as that.   Heaven forbid we do get dragged full on into a relegation fight , where we will need everyone behind the team.

Its utterly embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Can I have my tattoo burnt off with a blow torch like on Sons of anarchy when they get thrown out of the crew

lol

This might be one of the 'sinister' refund conditions (along with pro rata repayment, admin fees, proof of ID etc. etc.)