What sort of loser asks for a refund?

11 minutes ago, Drones club said:

Agree. Hope the club in the interest of transparency reveals the names of those who accept a refund. How else will we know if the offer has been genuine?

Why does it matter who takes up the offer. ? 

What was in our owners mind when he made this statement about refunds.

(I won't call it an offer without hearing the t&c's)

It may well have the effect of removing a few hundred of his most vociferous critics from the ground on matchdays but not much else.

It certainly won't stop the mud slinging on social media. 

I think its an unwise move and may well set a precedent amongst 3 yr season ticketholders if the Owls should be relegated this season.

If this were to happen the product (division 1 football) would not match the offer

It seems to have come in a fit of pique after losing his fairweather friend Carlos which clearly affected his judgement.

If this is the case it demonstrates the need for a hardnosed CEO.to add some professionalism to the management

With Ms Miere effectively running the club I doubt there will be similar offers and would guess discounted multi season tickets will not happen again.

41 minutes ago, JulyOwl said:

Prices went up to pay for higher quality players, that doesn't guarantee you top flight. We haven't exactly got the highest paid players in the league to be fair - it's to combat FFP.

The conditions for refunds are going to be simple...

Work out how much season ticket was.

Cost up how much it would have been for match day pricing for games attended to.

Minus off season ticket price = refund.

If you think anyone is going to get half their season ticket money back you'd be mistaken.

And watch the moaners again when this happens. There will probably be ones disappointed if it doesn’t pan out this way!

Just now, tottyboyowl said:

And watch the moaners again when this happens. There will probably be ones disappointed if it doesn’t pan out this way!

A Second phase season tickets for the Kop was £505.00...

We've had 13 home games so far this season with a total price of  £441.00 (£33.92 avg per game BTW) if paid on the match day.

In theory they'll get a £64 refund.... minus administration costs which will occur when refunding payments, etc.

22 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

What nonsense

Carlos did walk.......not everyone wanted him to go you know.....the fans at the match were very quiet at voicing their desire for him to leave. Just because the same people on OT were always gobblng off on here, it does not constitute that EVERYONE wanted him out

Chansiri is doing everything he can to get us promoted. Do you really think he wants us to struggle

No promises were ever made that we will be successful this season

Carlos walked cos he got the Swansea job...do you think he would have walked otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, JulyOwl said:

A Second phase season tickets for the Kop was £505.00...

We've had 13 home games so far this season with a total price of  £441.00 (£33.92 avg per game BTW) if paid on the match day.

In theory they'll get a £64 refund.... minus administration costs which will occur when refunding payments, etc.

If that's right I probably won't bother 

:stuwinky:

If I was a blunt, I'd be wetting myself laughing at us this season.

It's just another huge embarrassment.

Considered getting a refund for a few moments but there just seems no integrity in that action. I bought an ST for 23 games, I've seen 13 and will see another 10.

Getting a refund could potentially put SWFC in massive financial trouble if even a few hundred take it up.

I knew what I was buying, after last season it was a slight risk, it's turned out a nightmare, deal with it. IMO

24 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

What nonsense

Carlos did walk.......not everyone wanted him to go you know.....the fans at the match were very quiet at voicing their desire for him to leave. Just because the same people on OT were always gobblng off on here, it does not constitute that EVERYONE wanted him out

Chansiri is doing everything he can to get us promoted. Do you really think he wants us to struggle

No promises were ever made that we will be successful this season

Also there was more wanting him out than to stay...not even a deluded clapper like you can deny that!!

1 minute ago, KennyPowers55 said:

If that's right I probably won't bother 

:stuwinky:

If you paid for a season ticket at the frozen 150th Anniversary year rate you'd have paid £455 so possibly a £14 refund.

I genuinely hope that's the case, if you want a refund - your full discount from the season ticket is null and void. So should priority points.

1 hour ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

I'm not a ST holder (thank God atm) but the way the club is going  I totally understand your decision.

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I always doubt these coincidences

Maybe the offerfrom Swansea was there before he left.

He was offered Swansea before, but that time he was happy here and wanted, and put that before the money and prestige. This time he was unwanted by some. Must've made the decision a lot easier.

It's hardly a big betrayal, if it even is the case.

1 minute ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

I agree because when you spend at a shop you go home happy

Yeah and you go into a shop looking for a product and you know and can see what you’re getting. With Wednesday there can never be guarantees and you go to support. You don’t do that in a shop.

I'm very reactionary and find myself getting more and more angry watching us lately. I stated drunkenly in another thread after Monday's debacle I'd be getting one but having had two days to let myself calm down I realised of course I won't be getting a refund. I mean butterfields performance alone was enough to make me nearly burst a blood vessel, so it's no wonder I was wound up after that painful embarrassment.

However i can see both sides to this argument, and have no issues with the OPs points. It's been offered by the chairman so if people want to take him up for whatever reason (not happy with the football/way clubs run, skint, other commitments) then fine, and in my eyes doesn't make them any less of a fan. 

Theres a lot of things wrong with the way this clubs being run, and to offer this in the first place is a bizarre move, and is certainly splitting the fan base further. And despite not getting a refund, I certainly won't be rushing to hillsborough for forthcoming home games until this mess is sorted out. I've got young kids, so Il probably pick and choose which I go to, as personally the buzz has gone, the mood is gloomy and it's just not enjoyable. Hopefully a good new manager and some decent ins and outs can lift the mood and help us put this bizarre couple of weeks behind us.