What sort of loser asks for a refund?

1 minute ago, poite said:

How's it different to what he was promised exactly? He has a seat and when he site there he watches a football match between sheffield Wednesday and an opposing team. He gets exactly what he was promised.

If what he got was a game of netball he'd have a point.

What we have been subjected to ain't football

1 minute ago, folger said:

I would never ask for a refund. I walked half way through last season as the football was so dire. Paid on the gate for plenty of matches since can’t stay away but every performance has been a shambles . I wouldn’t blame any fan for taking the refund and I don’t think it will make them less of a fan as I know I certainly can’t stay away as much as I try. Take the refund if you wish it’s understandable just don’t brag on here.

It makes them less of a supporter as they have stopped supporting

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

10 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

I'd expect all priority points to be zeroed and possibly a bar from another season ticket for a set time (maybe 3 seasons)

Will reserve judgement until I hear them.

But if you are right think it is very petty by the club.

Should be trying to win back disgruntled fans not banning them.

The offer is antagonising and damn right disrespectful to those who have suffered supporting this club.

Quite frankly I wouldn't blame anyone for taking the offer even if I wouldn't myself.

It's the first sign of Chansiri chucking his toys out of his pram, I have 100% confidence in this will end in either Chansiri weeing off or extremely badly for us supporters.

29 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

there are no guarantees your right but when your chairman and manager make promises that where both broken then you can please understand why people are frustrated...Carlos said he would walk when he wasn’t wanted yet he stayed n milked us!! 

Chansiri promised he would do all he could within his power to progress us and push for promotion but he failed at his first true test...why did he keep Carlos when he knew he wasn’t wanted?

What nonsense

Carlos did walk.......not everyone wanted him to go you know.....the fans at the match were very quiet at voicing their desire for him to leave. Just because the same people on OT were always gobblng off on here, it does not constitute that EVERYONE wanted him out

Chansiri is doing everything he can to get us promoted. Do you really think he wants us to struggle

No promises were ever made that we will be successful this season

• Thanks 2

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Will reserve judgement until I hear them.

But if you are right think it is very petty by the club.

Should be trying to win back disgruntled fans not banning them.

There has to be a consequence otherwise this sets a precedent that DC could never recover from.

You d be basically allowing fans to justify a refund at any point for almost any reason.

I could basically turn around and say i bought a season ticket as soon as george boyd signed for the club because I wanted to watch him every game. and now I demand a refund based on the fact he's played about 4mins.

What's next. Refunds for individual games? If that's the case I certainly demand a refund for the burton game. I also spent a fortune on travel costs. Can in have those refunded too?

There has to be dramatic consequences for such a dramatic gesture like this

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Correct, that’s what customers do , so does that make us customers of SWFC if we’re going down this route ? 

Juat saying 

Buying a season ticket isn't like buying something from a shop that's faulty.. yes the season is going pear shaped and yes it's below any if our expectations. But buying a season ticket to watch your team play is because your a supporter.. you buy it because for some silly reason it's programmed into you from a young age and you want to follow, support your team.

I have to admit, I don't have a season ticket but if it wasn't for my job I'd have one... but when I had one in the past yeah it's crap seeing Wednesday lose or play badly but I never once thought about a refund, I'd keep going to every game.. everyone has their own opinion and fair play, but I'm just surprised someone would want to take up the offer. 

I think of Sheffield Wednesday like my wife.. you have rough times and you have great times but you grind them out and you stay together. I don't think anyone at the club wants the current situation and despite what some think I'm certain Chansiri only wants what's best.. it's his investment at the end of the day. I guess asking for a refund is abit like having a bad argument and saying your stopping at your parents house for some space haha.

1 minute ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

I'm liking the £20 on every seat idea then we would be paying the right amount to watch the game

This debate is about people cashing in their season tickets.

I reckon mine on the Kop averages out at about £19 per game or so.

I don't see that as being anything other than the "right amount" as you put it.

2 years competing for the play offs, 1 Wembley trip, the Brighton 'Lights' game, the Arsenal game, the Newcastle game, plus numerous others and obviously some disappointments and then this year.

Probably for a club like us that represents a decent return and for £19 in my eyes represents amazing value.

If any of our 'fans' do actually take up the offer, they will be giving opposition fans ammunition for years to come and God help anyone who dares use the term Massive again (and yeah I know the standard get out was that the term was tongue in cheek).

Very very embarrassing!

They should retain some dignity.

Good luck to OP.

If DC wants to start offering money to disgruntled season ticket holders, then that's his choice and certainly nobody had forced him to do this. It's the wrong decision IMO for the club and shows us in a very poor national light here. I also believe his decision here was made through anger, as he doesn't like being questioned / held to account at all by anybody, IMO. I believe this situation has been handled very poorly by him in all honesty here.

If the OP, or anybody else decides to take up this offer as made now, then IMO they should do so without being questioned / judged / put down at all. I respect the OP here for having the courage to state his intentions here, most likely also in the knowledge there would be plenty of sniping towards him to follow.

UTO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, folger said:

I would never ask for a refund. I walked half way through last season as the football was so dire. Paid on the gate for plenty of matches since can’t stay away but every performance has been a shambles . I wouldn’t blame any fan for taking the refund and I don’t think it will make them less of a fan as I know I certainly can’t stay away as much as I try. Take the refund if you wish it’s understandable just don’t brag on here.

Agree. Hope the club in the interest of transparency reveals the names of those who accept a refund. How else will we know if the offer has been genuine?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Nothing is guaranteed in football. (Only owls know how to ruin a player or two...lol)

u buy a ST to watch your team at best possible price and get same seat, then priority on other tickets etc. 

DC can only try and get us up. It hasn’t worked so far but not thru lack of trying. 

9/10/11 most likely first teamers out at once is just unbearable.

u can carry one or two second choice players in a game but not 9/10/11.

do u think Man City’s second string would be top of prem now?

not a prayer. 

As carlos said it’s hard to motivate all the second choice players (all at once) that he hasn’t been picking only when has too. 

Even Pep couldn’t come in now and get best out of his team with half of team injured. 

What if conditions of refund is that u can’t ever get one in future

I fully take your point regarding injuries but the second choice players were bought to be second choice, a massive, massive mistake to make. Buy to improve your first eleven or you end up going backwards. Probably one of our biggest mistakes that, along with not recruiting the attributes we were lacking in imo.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

This debate is about people cashing in their season tickets.

I reckon mine on the Kop averages out at about £19 per game or so.

I don't see that as being anything other than the "right amount" as you put it.

2 years competing for the play offs, 1 Wembley trip, the Brighton 'Lights' game, the Arsenal game, the Newcastle game, plus numerous others and obviously some disappointments and then this year.

Probably for a club like us that represents a decent return and for £19 in my eyes represents amazing value.

If any of our 'fans' do actually take up the offer, they will be giving opposition fans ammunition for years to come and God help anyone who dares use the term Massive again (and yeah I know the standard get out was that the term was tongue in cheek).

Very very embarrassing!

They should retain some dignity.

Ticket for the final game of the season in 1984 was £3 POTG and Bert McGee claimed it was a rip off because home fans paid £2.50. 

The modern equivalent is about £9 and £7.50. Now that was value. 

lol

20 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I agree with the OP, get your refund if you feel that way inclined.

Having bought into 3 years worth of a loyalty program for our manager to give up on it and walk away, why should he be any different?

If fans are to be treated as customers then they have the right to turn their nose up at what's on offer it's not good enough.

Yeah but not retrospectively.

People can show their displeasure by not renewing.

Their disloyalty after getting discounted entry so far for supposedly committing to a full season should not be rewarded or refunded. 

4 minutes ago, Drones club said:

Agree. Hope the club in the interest of transparency reveals the names of those who accept a refund. How else will we know if the offer has been genuine?

If anyone takes up the offer then its their business.

Think it would be an awful thing for the club to publish names.