What sort of loser asks for a refund?

16 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Happy New year.  UTO, FTB 

Totally agree with this. ^^^

4 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

When you buy a season ticket you know there is no guarantees if you feel that thare guarantees your in the wrong sport ._.fattybear

there are no guarantees your right but when your chairman and manager make promises that where both broken then you can please understand why people are frustrated...Carlos said he would walk when he wasn’t wanted yet he stayed n milked us!! 

Chansiri promised he would do all he could within his power to progress us and push for promotion but he failed at his first true test...why did he keep Carlos when he knew he wasn’t wanted?

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

I've personally questioned a fair few decisions the Owner's made, in here and elsewhere. They're well documented.

But can't help feeling there's a massive, massive over reaction to this Season's derailing.

It's always harder to endure a drop when it's from a relatively lofty hight, and so unexpected.

That to me is why we're seeing all this I'll feeling. 

Don't think Mr C knows what to think of what he's seen, in terms of our reaction, and in turn he maybe hasn't reacted very well to it. After all, he's not used to the nature of football fans in general, so seeing and hearing about the extremes (on Social Media) must be a bit of a shock.

We've been through a lot worse, but we expected it. This feels different.

However, as much as I don't agree with many of Mr C's decisions, I think his heart is in the right place, and when I see pics of him with his Son draped in Wednesday scarves, I can't see him as a bad guy that's in this for the wrong reasons. Just as a man who's a bit naive and stubborn.

I think I'm going to make a point of going to more games than before. Can't buy an ST as I work a lot of weekends, but I'm going to make more of an effort.

6 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

What’s different to what was promised? 

Last time I checked, a season ticket is entry to 23 games of football - quality of this can never been guaranteed - at Hillsborough. 

Nothing has changed in regards to that during the course of this season? 

4 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Me. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

My first match was in 1990 , the last game of the season, we lost 0-3 to Forest and were relegated, pigs promoted same day. Couldn't have been a worse introduction to Hillsborough 

Following season I had the first of 10 successive season tickets and travelled home and away watching everything from the heights of the league cup final and 93's semi and FA cup final to the lows of the FA cup final replay, 7-1 defeat at Arsenal, pigs doing double, 6-1 home defeat against Leeds, 7-1 defeat against Forest....

After relegation in 2000 I became more selective and averaged 10 to 12 home games and the odd away . After 2005 and the play off final I again bought a Season ticket and watched us struggle to hold our own back in the Championship.  For the last 10 years I have become comfortable with my place as a part time supporter, picking my games and attending when it suits me. This doesn't make me a bad person. I have full respect for all the hardcore fans who'll support blindly and never question buying a Season ticket, but that's no longer for me. However after the recent investment from Mr Chansiri I got drawn back in to the idea of a return to the good times and bought a Season ticket to be a part of it. 

I'm not going to list all the mistakes I feel he's made as they're well documented but something is deeply wrong at Hillsborough and I feel the worst is yet to come. The appointment of the CEO was the final straw for me and I'm going to return to my armchair and hope I regret my decision to accept the refund.

To the loyal fans I wish you all the best and I might come crawling out of the woodwork if and when we turn it around or God forbid we need to win our last home game to stay up (Been to too many of those already)

In summary, I'm not a mardy glory hunter who's spat my dummy, just an average part timer who's decided that's all I want to be now. 

Remember that game for all the wrong reasons.

Did the corporate thing, Steve Ellis took a pic in the centre circle before the game, sat in the Director's box and when Forest scored one of their goals, smashed my seat (accidentally) which at the time were those old wooden ones.

I had to pretend I hadn't broken the seat and had to sort of squat as if I was having a sh**te most of the game.

When we got back to the pub I was expecting the unwashed to be revelling in it, but they kept their distance until the red mist had eventually cleared.

Regarding your decision to cash your chips in.

I just hope you don't live to regret it.

Not casting aspersions in any shape or form, it's clearly your choice and you've probably earned the right to make your choice, but will you ever be able to hold your head up ever again without feeling a bit sheepish when discussions about being a Sheffield Wednesday supporter crop up?

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Remember that game for all the wrong reasons.

Did the corporate thing, Steve Ellis took a pic in the centre circle before the game, sat in the Director's box and when Forest scored one of their goals, smashed my seat (accidentally) which at the time were those old wooden ones.

I had to pretend I hadn't broken the seat and had to sort of squat as if I was having a sh**te most of the game.

lol

That's classic

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

e. I haven't demanded one or complained to the Chairman, but after he made the offer which I took as a passive aggressive gesture on his part, I have decided to accept (subject to reviewing the yet to be revealed conditions)

Like a kid from Middlewood who decides to support Man City.

We used to call them glory seekers...don't know if that's PC nowadays, but enjoy Meadowhall.

5 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

A season ticket holder is purchasing entry to all home games and priority for cup and away games. It isnt a guarantee that the holder or the clubs expectation will become a reality. 

It it has been dross this season of course, but where does it stop in football if this becomes standard practice? It’s live football not the bloody cinema. 

1 minute ago, Matt Woodruff said:

A season ticket holder is purchasing entry to all home games and priority for cup and away games. It isnt a guarantee that the holder or the clubs expectation will become a reality. 

It it has been dross this season of course, but where does it stop in football if this becomes standard practice? It’s live football not the bloody cinema. 

The chairman should rescind the offer, never offer it again, focus back on turning round the form of the team, and crack on with positive initiatives designed to attract more fans, sponsors and corporates to the club.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Prices went up to pay for the players to take us back into the top flight and that was based on a 2 year plan, so we stump up stupid amounts to watch and were further away than when we started! to me that's kind of a broken promise

Talk about twisting words to your advantage, you would make a great lawyer/CEO,  but its your descision.  Hope you have a rethink. 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Like a kid from Middlewood who decides to support Man City.

We used to call them glory seekers...don't know if that's PC nowadays, but enjoy Meadowhall.

Yep glory seekers regularly flock to Hillsborough 

lol

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

there are no guarantees your right but when your chairman and manager make promises that where both broken then you can please understand why people are frustrated...Carlos said he would walk when he wasn’t wanted yet he stayed n milked us!! 

Chansiri promised he would do all he could within his power to progress us and push for promotion but he failed at his first true test...why did he keep Carlos when he knew he wasn’t wanted?

Both incorrect,  carlos walked as soon as fans chanted carlos out.  And Mr C has twice in succession reached the playoffs with plenty of money spent on and off the field which says to me he did his best but results didn't quite work out 

12 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

I bought a season ticket to get a discount on watching SWFC at Hillsborough. Think that’s what I got. Don’t remember being guaranteed winning entertaining football. Still not a real fan in my book asking for a refund.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Prices went up to pay for the players to take us back into the top flight and that was based on a 2 year plan, so we stump up stupid amounts to watch and were further away than when we started! to me that's kind of a broken promise

Prices went up to pay for higher quality players, that doesn't guarantee you top flight. We haven't exactly got the highest paid players in the league to be fair - it's to combat FFP.

The conditions for refunds are going to be simple...

Work out how much season ticket was.

Cost up how much it would have been for match day pricing for games attended to.

Minus off season ticket price = refund.

If you think anyone is going to get half their season ticket money back you'd be mistaken.