What sort of loser asks for a refund?

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Yep, outstanding value !

In terms of our average season ticket price it is. In terms of the average Championship season ticket price, it ain't! :carlos:

Main thing is you're happy with it and that's all that matters. My point was that we are one of the highest charges of tickets and merchandise in the division.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Oh and my agenda is I want the club I have supported for over 40 years to be stable, and have a community of fans who can watch football as a group of like minded football, loving fans, I don't want our fans priced out and future generations lost because we get things wrong.

i know you might find it hard to fathom but I have said this before when people spout this agenda tripe, what possible agenda do you think any fan could have other than this? It's like someone took a buzz word and people don't understand why but like using it anyway

“I know you might find this hard to fathom “?

Thats really going to get you a long way isn’t it !

You still haven’t explained to me why my £21 per game season ticket is bad pricing after slating the cost of season tickets?

Unless of course it conflicts with your ‘agenda’?

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

As a fan it's questionable if it should happen but what about if you're a customer?

See this is the thing..............

If you set a precedent then you surely must expect people to be able to react in a way a customer would if they're dissatisfied...........that's not the OP's fault really is it?

But not retrospectively!

There is already legislation in place to cover goods & services, but is has to fall under the remit of faulty or being misrepresented.

Eg if a woman buys some Chanel No 5 and it smells like Chanel No 5 but she then decides she doesn't like the smell, she can't go back to the shop having tried it and get a refund. 

If though she bought the same product and it was off and smelled like the underside of a Unitedites arm pit she would have a case.

People bought season tickets to see football, which they got. (regardless of the quality).

They were promised a discounted price for buying in advance and committing for a full season. (which they got).

They were promised their own seat, with priority advance booking for cup games etc. (which they got).

There was not and cannot be, any sort of guarantee with regard to the quality of the football and whether there will be a favourable end result to any given season.

Otherwise every team in the league would be giving refunds when they don't finish in the top 3 or the playoffs.  Maybe some would even demand a refund if they finished in the playoffs but didn't complete the job.

It is an unnecessary and dangerous precedent to set and should never have been offered and reflects very badly on any individuals that take it up.   

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Nonsense why would he start trying to contact 30/50/100 probably more people individually he's offered anybody and everybody who want money back their money back and they simply have to get on and get it personally I couldn't care less who does who doesn't and I don't feel anything about their level of loyalty its up to them.

That's the least important part of my post NOBODY but nobody in any commercial outfit gives a refund for a purchase that's been used multiple times or is markedly second hand.  He's offering refunds to holders of tickets that range from several months to two plus years old that's my friend is pretty unique unless you know of another example.

Youve posted masses on this subject and made it clear you don't rate the owner we get the message but try to stick to facts it is generous whether you like it or not in fact it's also stupid as many have said.

Can you explain why you've negged my last 3 posts?

I'm mainly asking because some of what you've wrote you are agreeing what I put in one of them and you are stating that 'I couldn't care less who does who doesn't and I don't feel anything about their level of loyalty its up to them'.

I don't mind a neg if you completely disagree or I've posted some rubbish, but you just seem to neg everyone who doesn't lap up everything from the club as positive.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

You still haven’t explained to me why my £21 per game season ticket is bad pricing after slating the cost of season tickets?

I've already covered that haven't I?

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Can you explain why you've negged my last 3 posts?

I'm mainly asking because some of what you've wrote you are agreeing what I put in one of them and you are stating that 'I couldn't care less who does who doesn't and I don't feel anything about their level of loyalty its up to them'.

I don't mind a neg if you completely disagree or I've posted some rubbish, but you just seem to neg everyone who doesn't lap up everything from the club as positive.

Think you need to find the culprit I rarely EVER neg  anybody and I certain,y havnt ne gged you or anybody else in this thread I only ever (and rarely) neg somebody who negs  me when I make a neutral comment.  Defo not me matey.

Just looked on my profile no negs anywhere ...generally like your posts mate

Edited by Copthorneowl

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

In terms of our average season ticket price it is. In terms of the average Championship season ticket price, it ain't! :carlos:

Main thing is you're happy with it and that's all that matters. My point was that we are one of the highest charges of tickets and merchandise in the division.

And my point was , which you responded to , was purely and simply about the outstanding value of my ST.

Nowhere have I commented on match day prices or merchandise so why bring it up in your reply ?

Just now, casbahowl said:

And my point was , which you responded to , was purely and simply about the outstanding value of my ST.

Nowhere have I commented on match day prices or merchandise so why bring it up in your reply ?

Your initial point to the 2Roland2 was that our season ticket, match day ticket, and merchandise was expensive - or at least that's how it reads...

Your season ticket was outstanding value in your opinion. In real terms, it - and the average Wednesday season ticket price - is still one of the highest in the division.

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Genuine question, is the £21 per game (£21.70 I £500) the cheapest the club does or the average? Is this for a 1 year commitment or 3 years. 

If it is 2 year average pricing then it is very good. If it's 3 years cheapest pricing then not really.

I'd be interested to see the figures for average adult season ticket cost for those sold this season. All stands included, early bird and last minute purchases been taken into account to get the mean.

As I don't go as much anymore it's pay in the gate which is extortionate nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Good old agendas that buzz word again that no one can fthaom out why on earth any fan would have one. 

Ok ok to address your post, I already said, for it to be a reasonable price you had to renew for three years on super duper super super duper early bird, but again if you are amongst the minute number of fans in Britain that believe our pricing is right then fair play. 

There you go again , you love that “fathom” word ....... but you don’t have an ‘agenda’ do you ?

Personally thinkonly justifiable reason is due to ill health or death of individual. I suppose if you have 3 year one and you get posted away by work there is also a case.

Otherwise think you have to bite bullet.

5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Think you need to find the culprit I rarely EVER neg  anybody and I certain,y havnt ne gged you or anybody else in this thread I only ever (and rarely) neg somebody who negs  me when I make a neutral comment.  Defo not me matey.

Just looked on my profile no negs anywhere ...generally like your posts mate

Ha my mistake, I apologise thought I was quoting Casbahowl.

Both have the same picture/colour and name began with C and im bloody tired. All I can do is apologise

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Thats very selfish thinking, all about yourself and how cheap you managed to get it because you have the resources to make a commitment. 

Not in the the spirit of the 'Wednesday family' when you're looking down your nose at those raising concerns who can't afford what a season ticket would cost on average. 

11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

We can agree on one thing, that it is stupid

and just to be clear the last thing I want to do is say I'm not happy, I would rather we got things right and I really do hope Chansiri starts to get things right, I'm jot filled with much optimism though after the statement about This and then the follow up appointment of the former Charlton CEO though. 

Lets hope im wrong because all I want is for the club to be steady and stable. 

You see this is what confuses me.

People say they've supported Wednesday for 40 years or 30 years or how ever long it may have been.

They express a desire that they want success & stability.

And what is their contribution to the club they purport to love and support in order to gain this success & stability.

To try & garner support for boycotts of matches.

To fester resentment and support direct action to undermine the manager & Chairman.

To ridicule the Chairman when things don't entirely go to plan (as they sometimes do in business).

And finally to take money OUT OF THE CLUB by either directly asking for a refund or supporting those that do.

Funny way to 'support' an institution that is supposedly close to their hearts.

Maybe that new woman is right and maybe this new 'breed' of 'supporter / customer' determines how they are categorised by their own opinions and actions.

Plenty of them certainly do not act as if they have the best intentions of the club at heart.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

People say they've supported Wednesday for 40 years or 30 years or how ever long it may have been.

And what is their contribution to the club they purport to love and support in order to gain this success & stability.

To fester resentment and support direct action to undermine the manager & Chairman.

To ridicule the Chairman when things don't entirely go to plan (as they sometimes do in business).

And finally to take money OUT OF THE CLUB by either directly asking for a refund or supporting those that do.

Maybe that new woman is right and maybe this new 'breed' of 'supporter / customer' determines how they are categorised by their own opinions and actions.

Plenty of them certainly do not act as if they have the best intentions of the club at heart.

Think you are assuming all people who have criticised the club over prices, stripes etc have all called for a boycott and have demanded a refund of season tickets.
Many, many people have criticised the club over ticket prices etc but only a couple of WUM at most have called for boycotts.

By asking for a refund are we just digging our own graves because of FFP? 

And what if DC sees the number of fans asking for a refund and thinks 'if you can pull the plug, then I can!'? 

Its a bad season, take a deep breath and let's build for next season. 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Think if it like this. When someone criticises the club they are doing it because they want what's best. 

Whilst I don't agree with all their methods (and it's a minority who sugggest drastic action), long term it will benefit the club. Like wanting Carlos gone by boycotts and chants. 

People aren't ridiculing or undermining the chairman. I've been very supportive of him on the whole but he's making a rod for his ow back and the last few weeks he's making bizarre decisions and statements. 

I can think of a few analogies for your concerns.

You won't like this but think of the club as a loved one with an addiction, whether gambling or drug. They keep taking money and wanting more and more, not thinking about the consequences, you just see them weeing it away. You love them so you keep giving them money until they are bleeding you dry, giving nothing in return (currently). How can this cycle stop. The only logical way some fans can see is by cutting off the funding of bad habits.

Then we have criticisms of the clubs management and how the club is performing on and off the pitch. To get where we want to be long term some things need to be said so we can change for the better. Just for example It's only like my mates calling me fat and offering to help me lose weight, stuff like that can hurt a little, but it doesn't make it any less true and it won't stop me from making a positive change.

Just like the club (management), it needs to listen to what those who care about it have to say. It won't always be pleasant and not what the chairman wants to hear, but long term the fans are looking out for Sheffield Wednesday's best interest.