The Wednesday Tap

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I am always thinking about going down there on non matchdays but never do because I'm not actually sure if/why it would be open so end up heading elsewhere.

I can see it taking off eventually but it will take time

I'm really glad it's there though

Yeah it could take time as people will have their regular spots they always go to.

Maybe needs quiz nights or something as for a lot of pubs mid week trade is slow ( hence so many closing down.)

2 minutes ago, PutAJonkOnIt said:

I’ve been in twice and both times there’s been no one else in, I’d guess it’s busier on matchdays though. It’s strange that there’s no signs outside to say where it is, surely that would bring in a few more customers 

Was that during the day?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, PutAJonkOnIt said:

About 6pm when I’ve finished work I think it was, someone was going in as I was leaving but the whole time I was there no one else came in 

Got ya.

I might have to nip down there and give it a whirl during the weekdays then

Just seems to me it would be a bit weird going in there and just seeing a barman stood there in an empty place

We need to try and do something to help this place take off because a midweek/daytime thing at the club would be great long term

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Got ya.

I might have to nip down there and give it a whirl during the weekdays then

Just seems to me it would be a bit weird going in there and just seeing a barman stood there in an empty place

We need to try and do something to help this place take off because a midweek/daytime thing at the club would be great long term

there's wifi in there

my phone automatically connected to it 

Guest addedtime

Went in the Thursday evening before Christmas. Empty. Good price for the Wednesday beer but all 4 pints needed the barman to be asked to fill them properly. Shan't be hurrying back to be honest.

Son and his mate tried to get in last home match before xmas around 1pm.

They had driven straight from finishing their night shift at their RAF base and wanted a drink and a snack.

Bouncer said my son could come in as he had his season ticket, but his mate, who showed him is membership card and was going to buy a ticket later, was refused entry.

Both say they are never going to darken its doorstep.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is getting better then

What about lunch? Do they serve food / award winning gourmet pork pies yet?

Not yet mate..

I would need to take the gaffer in with me to discuss amounts and prices

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Bouncer said my son could come in as he had his season ticket, but his mate, who showed him is membership card and was going to buy a ticket later, was refused entry.

That's a strange one

Is it a season ticket holders bar then?

Do members not class as Wednesday fans? 

What's the policy?

And what's the policy midweek/daytimes?

What if they're turning away local people who are members of SWFC that they will rely on to stay open midweek?

Owlstalk Shop