18 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Your complete lack of facts marks you out as possible pork. I have only ever heard pigs slag Megson off the way you have and they did it because of the battle of b'hole lane, where he wiped the floor with a set of dirty cheating pigs showed their their dirty cheating Colin up for what he really is.

Megson has not applied for any managerial posts that we have been told of and was asked to help out at West Brom by Pulis because they are friends going way back.

Megson's managerial statistics and the fact he got us to third place, before taking 4 points from united, the last 3 of which made our automatic promotion possible, also shows that you have little grasp of the facts. The well documented bust up with Mandaric who talked the big talk while funding the small walk, led to us signing one kind of player instead of another and resulted in Mandaric and Megson falling out over Megson's inclusion of the said player on more than one occasion. The final one being the derby match which Wednesday won due to the inclusion of the said player and the MASSIVE celebration with Megson , which made MM look very silly after his very loud and very public pre-match argument about it.

I believe Megson would keep us up and get the team in a better shape than they are now, but may not be the long term solution and would certainly fall out big style with the newly appointed CEO (I believe!).

So stop being silly!

Well said, I think we desperately need Megson or someone experienced like him, short term or in some role but long term we need someone like Paul Hurst or Dean Smith?

Megson is the exact sort of person we need at present to lay into our underperforming, complacent and overpaid squad. We lack any kind of passion and fight needed to battle our way out of trouble. I think we should look at how Megson galvanised and got us going in the right direction and Dave Jones got Megson's squad promoted, we need that galvanisation again, and other experienced managers have done a similar thing, Bruce at Villa and Warnock at Cardiff, etc? Personally if I were the owner, it would be a no brainer to get someone in that cares about the club and loves the club to steady the ship. Short-term I think the only answer is Megson or someone experienced like him and long-term the answer is probably someone like Paul Hurst? If it were possible, I would try and get both Paul Hurst and Megson to work together in some way or I would bring in Megson until the end of the season, and then go and bring in someone like Paul Hurst or Dean Smith in the summer?

I really want the ginger messiah to return. We need a hard nosed horrible bathtub to whip this team into shape. Im aware we have injuries the likes of which I've never seen but the performance against Burton showed us to be unfit and unmotivated. The players on the pitch shouldn't have been out fought the way they were, it's not like they're untried youths. Megson would bring the spirit back. It wouldn't be pretty but it'd be effective and the players would put shifts in. If they don't, then I'm sure they'd fear returning to the dressing room more than if cheeky chappy Carlos was waiting for em. Be like getting savaged by a dishcloth. 

Megson and Bullen. One Wednesday by birth, one Wednesday by design. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Bach said:

Megson had his shot.

Compared the players to coming from Aldi in a cheap shot at the chairman.

Then was thankfully sacked.

Aye because swapping Ben Marshall for Mike Jones was like for like wasn’t it :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I have to smile when somebody presses the neg button but does contribute towards the debate. 

Have an opinion and state your thoughts or keep off the neg button.

You know who you are.

Beanie Rook

Ignore him, he's secretly in love with HIM!garymegson

• Haha 1

Just now, Arthur Bach said:

Megson had his shot.

Compared the players to coming from Aldi in a cheap shot at the chairman.

Then was thankfully sacked.

Mandaric never gave HIM the financial backing that was needed.  The Ginger Lord has to build HIS promotion squad with lack of funding. 

3 hours ago, cain said:

Not if he was the last manager alive would I ever want to watch his boring, miserable style of football ever again...I’d rather hang from a tree by my gonads while shoving unopened conkers up my jacksy

Im with you brother. 

We need a progressive , forward thinking manager , not a dinosaur