I'm worried about any dallying with the managerial appointment.

I love Bully, but over the last two games, and particularly in his post match interviews on Saturday, he made it clear that he doesn't feel he can get these players firing.

So we need someone who can in and quick.

I'd be all up for Lambert on a reasonable length contract, or any other man who can get it sorted ASAP this season and then start building for next.

But I get the feeling Mr Chansiri has his heart set on his "big name" and is perhaps happy to wait for them. It's just my opinion, but I feel if we wait too much longer, we could really end up in the proverbial very quickly.

So if the chairman can't get the man he wants now then he'd be a fool to not to get Megson in until the end of the season. We all know for certain that he'd get the players fit and organised as quickly as possible, plus he'd make sure they know how much this all means to us!!

Despite being a member of "The Cult", I can understand peoples' doubts about his style of football or about his ability to work with the hierarchy long term. While I disagree that Megson couldn't get us promoted, I can see why some think he couldn't, but does anyone really think we'd be in a worse position than we are now if he came in on a short term deal!?

Now isn't the time to be dreaming of Fonseca or AVB, it's time to make sure we do everything we can to stop the rot...

It's time for HIM to come home!

garymegson

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I'm worried about any dallying with the managerial appointment.

I love Bully, but over the last two games, and particularly in his post match interviews on Saturday, he made it clear that he doesn't feel he can get these players firing.

So we need someone who can in and quick.

I'd be all up for Lambert on a reasonable length contract, or any other man who can get it sorted ASAP this season and then start building for next.

But I get the feeling Mr Chansiri has his heart set on his "big name" and is perhaps happy to wait for them. It's just my opinion, but I feel if we wait too much longer, we could really end up in the proverbial very quickly.

So if the chairman can't get the man he wants now then he'd be a fool to not to get Megson in until the end of the season. We all know for certain that he'd get the players fit and organised as quickly as possible, plus he'd make sure they know how much this all means to us!!

Despite being a member of "The Cult", I can understand peoples' doubts about his style of football or about his ability to work with the hierarchy long term. While I disagree that Megson couldn't get us promoted, I can see why some think he couldn't, but does anyone really think we'd be in a worse position than we are now if he came in on a short term deal!?

Now isn't the time to be dreaming of Fonseca or AVB, it's time to make sure we do everything we can to stop the rot...

It's time for HIM to come home!

garymegson

I find it strange that some people on here praise colin up like they do but give meggo very little. He's got as many promotions from this league as Warnock and in fewer seasons and a much smaller budget if you look at what Warnock spent at QPR. And his premier league record is much superior to Warnock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebrap11 said:

I find it strange that some people on here praise colin up like they do but give meggo very little. He's got as many promotions from this league as Warnock and in fewer seasons and a much smaller budget if you look at what Warnock spent at QPR. And his premier league record is much superior to Warnock.

But we lost to STEVENAGE!!!!!

lol

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, thebrap11 said:

And Warnock had his team surrender to HIS WBA team in that infamous match. 

• Haha 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Don't want Megson at all but the players are playing so poorly that I could understand if he is who we end up with.  

Cannot see the point in bringing in any manager for 4 months then getting rid and starting all over again . Why are the players , in fans opinion so unit ? If this is the case teams would be running rings round us at the end of games . There is a lot of panic at the moment . when in my eyes it’s clear our injury crisis is the real issue . Bringing in  Megson would not speed up injury issues , When this cult thing started and they clamoured for Him to be brought back I thought , no please no not him and still do . Neg  away 

Blimey....do I sense that the tide may be turning in favour of megson?

Happy to be a cult member and ive been saying he's just what we need for months. For those poor sods who went against Burton, do you want to see your hard earned wages pi$$ed away by some feckless mercenairies who couldn't care less about the club or would your rather have someone who played for the club, as did his old man and shares our passion? Either when he was playing or as a manager do you think he would have accepted a Burton player running from somewhere near the chippy on leppings lane without so much as a tackle??

Wake up and smell the coffee folks, we are not going for a champions league spot here, we are trying to get out of the championship and at this rate were going to need someone who can avoid relegation for us. Gibson got pulis in at boro for results, not something akin to barcelona....so what happens saturday? They come from 2-1 down to beat PNE 3-2 at home....That is the sort of effort/result we need.

I 'm not all misty eyed about megson, I genuinely think he could do the right job for us at this moment in time.

19 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Happy to be a cult member and ive been saying he's just what we need for months. For those poor sods who went against Burton, do you want to see your hard earned wages pi$$ed away by some feckless mercenairies who couldn't care less about the club or would your rather have someone who played for the club, as did his old man and shares our passion? Either when he was playing or as a manager do you think he would have accepted a Burton player running from somewhere near the chippy on leppings lane without so much as a tackle??

Wake up and smell the coffee folks, we are not going for a champions league spot here, we are trying to get out of the championship and at this rate were going to need someone who can avoid relegation for us. Gibson got pulis in at boro for results, not something akin to barcelona....so what happens saturday? They come from 2-1 down to beat PNE 3-2 at home....That is the sort of effort/result we need.

I 'm not all misty eyed about megson, I genuinely think he could do the right job for us at this moment in time.

I just don’t understand why all of a sudden our players have turned into “feckless mercenaries “ from being one of the strongest squads in the league , don’t people soon turn eh !!! 

33 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

I'd take him now and would love nothing more than having him steam into the players and give them a bit of fight, I'd love to see him screaming from the side lines at the Sty next Friday trying to squeeze every last ounce of effort and pride out of the team.  Even if we lost, you'd still get the feeling that we'd have gone down fighting. 

My one reservation is that I can't help thinking that his style of man management isn't necessarily cut out for the modern day footballer, I don't know Megson but get the feeling it's his way or nothing and he sticks to what's worked for him in the past - why wouldn't he.  However, whereas some players genuinely need a rollicking and kick up their arse to get them going, others will simply curl up into a ball and disappear.  For some reason, it tends to be the match winning, more skilful players that fall into the latter category.  Heart ruling my head tells me that I'd love 11 Players on the pitch willing to die for the club, but logically that team would stand little chance of really succeeding in this division without the flair players.    

It's a stupid point I'm about to make but it does kind of emphasis what I've been trying to say.  Considering Leon Clarke can be a lazy bugger with possible attitude problems, would Megsons typical approach have resulted in the same output Chris Wilder has managed to get out of him?  I don't think it would and it pains me to say it as I despise the pair of them 

If Megson can tailor his approach to players by finding out exactly what makes them tick, then I'm all for him.     

1 hour ago, Lythamowl said:

Results. Exactly.

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Cannot see the point in bringing in any manager for 4 months then getting rid and starting all over again . Why are the players , in fans opinion so unit ? If this is the case teams would be running rings round us at the end of games . There is a lot of panic at the moment . when in my eyes it’s clear our injury crisis is the real issue . Bringing in  Megson would not speed up injury issues , When this cult thing started and they clamoured for Him to be brought back I thought , no please no not him and still do . Neg  away 

Not been funny and it’s not about negging away either mate. 

But did you watch us against burton? They was running rings around us most of the game not just the end of the game. Even though they scored in the dying embers of the match

I'd bring Megson back but see if he would work alongside someone younger like Paul Hurst? That way we get two men who love the club, Hurst would bring excitement back and be forward thinking, whilst we need someone strong minded and experienced like Megson too? I would go for Paul Hurst and Gary Megson.

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I just don’t understand why all of a sudden our players have turned into “feckless mercenaries “ from being one of the strongest squads in the league , don’t people soon turn eh !!! 

If youve read any of my posts youll see ive been saying this for a while. Did they seem bothered to you against Burton??